Author Topic: McConnell to Senate Republicans Opposed to Coronavirus Bill: ‘Gag and Vote for It Anyway’  (Read 466 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell to Senate Republicans Opposed to Coronavirus Bill: ‘Gag and Vote for It Anyway’
Andrew J. Sciascia, The Western Journal By Andrew J. Sciascia, The Western Journal
Published March 17, 2020 at 5:19pm

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cracked the whip this week on potentially foot-dragging GOP colleagues in an effort to respond quickly as the coronavirus spreads across the country.

After the weekly Republican caucus meeting, McConnell expressed understanding regarding some of his colleagues’ concerns over a recently passed House pandemic response bill, but urged them to “gag and vote for it anyway” in order to quickly aid those affected by the outbreak.

“A number of my members think there are considerable shortcomings in the House bill,” McConnell told reporters following the meeting.

“My counsel to them is to gag and vote for it anyway, even if they they it has some shortcomings, and to address those shortcomings in the bill that we’re in the process of crafting.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/mcconnell-senate-republicans-opposed-coronavirus-bill-gag-vote-anyway
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

McConnell to Senate Republicans Opposed to Coronavirus Bill: ‘Gag and Vote for It Anyway’

Balls deep.   :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well he sure wasn't gagging.  I saw a picture of him grinning ear to ear.  And it appears that there has been more than one inside trader.  Taking advantage of their inside information on COVID-19.  Well, it sure is a good thing Trump withheld the vital information to the public to give those Senators a chance to dump their stock.  Because we now know that these Senators were aware of the situation well before the public.  And Trump was making jokes about it.

"new hoax"  "we only have 11 cases and they are getting better"  "we never heard of this before and its got the world aflutter"...…...

https://lincolnproject.us/news/unfit/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

https://lincolnproject.us/news/unfit/
That is an absolutely devastating video.  Thanks for posting it @Chosen Daughter It is undeniable for all except Cult-45 to find some fault with the President's leadership before the dead started to drop, the stores were emptied, and the stock market crumbled.  This is also true of his leadership over the last 9 days.  Pointing it out doesn't make me feel any better, and lots of Americans didn't want to remove IMPOTUS a couple months ago, so I'm stuck with him until next Jan or his dictatorship is overthrown.  I understand the anger over President Trump's actions I just think this is not the right time for the country.  Additionally attacking the man when many logically believe he is trying to fix stuff just makes them want to defend him.  There will probably come a better time to attack the President, if many people die, and if not nobody will remember the ad.   

I prefer to focus on the President's leadership I agree with, and overwhelming co-operation of the last week.  I am heartened that the American people will still rally around the flag, even with President Trump in charge during troubled times. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the Pubbies DON'T vote "for the bailout bill", there will be he!! to pay in November.

So... they're gonna vote for it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the Pubbies DON'T vote "for the bailout bill", there will be he!! to pay in November.

So... they're gonna vote for it.
Exactly. The Dems know they have them behind the 8-ball. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Exactly. The Dems know they have them behind the 8-ball. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
The dems can and probably will screw it up.  They'll likely keep fighting with Trump until polls show they are taking blame onto themselves.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
That is an absolutely devastating video.  Thanks for posting it @Chosen Daughter It is undeniable for all except Cult-45 to find some fault with the President's leadership before the dead started to drop, the stores were emptied, and the stock market crumbled.  This is also true of his leadership over the last 9 days.  Pointing it out doesn't make me feel any better, and lots of Americans didn't want to remove IMPOTUS a couple months ago, so I'm stuck with him until next Jan or his dictatorship is overthrown.  I understand the anger over President Trump's actions I just think this is not the right time for the country.  Additionally attacking the man when many logically believe he is trying to fix stuff just makes them want to defend him.  There will probably come a better time to attack the President, if many people die, and if not nobody will remember the ad.   

I prefer to focus on the President's leadership I agree with, and overwhelming co-operation of the last week.  I am heartened that the American people will still rally around the flag, even with President Trump in charge during troubled times.

Once again a very fair minded response.  I don't think people give you the credit you deserve on TBR. 

I personally cannot decide whether Trump is trying to do the right thing or not.  They do have the inside information.  Information that I do not know.  But there is so much mixed message information out there its impossible to know what is right.

But I will say this.  I saw the President once again with kind words for the Chinese president.  Even when they are accusing us of spreading this.  I wanted to puke. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Once again a very fair minded response.  I don't think people give you the credit you deserve on TBR. 

I personally cannot decide whether Trump is trying to do the right thing or not.  They do have the inside information.  Information that I do not know.  But there is so much mixed message information out there its impossible to know what is right.

But I will say this.  I saw the President once again with kind words for the Chinese president.  Even when they are accusing us of spreading this.  I wanted to puke.

@Chosen Daughter I hear it too, but didn't register it because I was listening for other stuff. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-coronavirus-response-china-early-outbreak-pandemic-covid-19-a9416406.html

But the president’s tone was much different in late January, as one reporter in the room noted, who asked why he tweeted on 24 January: “China has been working very hard to contain the virus. The US greatly appreciates their transparency. It will all work out well.”

Mr Trump said he posted that tweet — four days after the US confirmed its first case of the novel virus — “because it’s true”, adding: “They were transparent at that time.”

“I have great respect for that country,”
he added, “but I wish they ... would have told us earlier."

The president has taken aim at China in recent weeks over the global pandemic, calling Covid-19 the “Chinese virus” despite the term's controversial connotations.

While he has continued those attacks amid the surge of US and international cases, Mr Trump also credited China for having “worked very hard” to get its outbreak under control.

“China’s not a beneficiary here,” he said. “China has lost thousands, thousands of people. China has gone through hell over this.”

A very mixed message from President Word-salad.