Author Topic: Italy Shows That Medicare for All Is No Cure for Coronavirus  (Read 266 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Italy Shows That Medicare for All Is No Cure for Coronavirus
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:38:45 am »
Italy Shows That Medicare for All Is No Cure for Coronavirus

The Democratic presidential race may be pretty much over, but the party's fight over health care isn't. "This coronavirus pandemic exposes the incredible weakness and dysfunctionality of our current health-care system," Senator Bernie Sanders said at Sunday's debate. Former Vice President Joe Biden replied that Italy's alarming experience suggested that Medicare for All "would not solve the problem at all."

Fans of Sanders's health-care plan are furious about Biden's comment, and his campaign surrogates have continued to criticize it after the debate. But while Biden isn't known for rhetorical precision, he got this point exactly right. He didn't say that Italy's high death rate shows that Medicare for All won't work. It shows only that it's not a solution to this problem.

https://www.newsmax.com/rameshponnuru/italy-coronavirus-medicareforall/2020/03/18/id/958808/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Italy Shows That Medicare for All Is No Cure for Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 05:17:02 am »
I read here at GOPBR, the problem was that Italians were "dramatic."

Meanwhile, I wonder if the deaths in Washington State retirement homes. are "medicare for -all,"

or too dramatic"

Can't we bring some local expertise and knowledge to bear?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 06:04:51 am »
No, but I heard Brussels sprouts will keep you from getting it....
really....
honest... :whistle:

:pop41:

(Waiting for the run on the produce section).... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 01:03:18 pm »
I read here at GOPBR, the problem was that Italians were "dramatic."

Meanwhile, I wonder if the deaths in Washington State retirement homes. are "medicare for -all,"

or too dramatic"

Can't we bring some local expertise and knowledge to bear?

I can’t speak for the Washington state home, but the nursing homes were I worked at while putting myself through college all the residents were no longer under Medicare but state funding.

Biden was right
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 01:39:13 pm »
You can't legislate away scarcity.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024