Author Topic: Ohio governor calls for delaying Tuesday's primary until June  (Read 351 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio governor calls for delaying Tuesday's primary until June
By Reid Wilson - 03/16/20 03:17 PM EDT

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) said Monday he would back a lawsuit aiming to delay the state's presidential primary until June because of the growing threat of the coronavirus that has already infected thousands of people around the country.

DeWine said the 13 hours of in-person voting scheduled to begin Tuesday morning would put Ohio voters and the estimated 35,000 poll workers who will staff polling places at risk. He pointed to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that recommend gatherings be kept smaller than 50 people.

"We cannot conduct this election tomorrow, the in person voting for 13 hours tomorrow, and conform to these guidelines," DeWine said. The state has urged those over 65 to stay indoors unless absolutely necessary. "We should not force them to make this choice, the choice between their health and their constitutional rights and duties."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/487858-ohio-governor-calls-for-delaying-tuesdays-primary-until-june
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Ohio governor calls for delaying Tuesday's primary until June
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 08:50:11 pm »
Yes - let's delay an election when there are 4,500 infections and hold it when there are 5,000,000.   The turnout will be fantastic.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:29:55 pm »
Yes - let's delay an election when there are 4,500 infections and hold it when there are 5,000,000.   The turnout will be fantastic.

Just open up polling places in the ICU wards....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 11:35:34 pm »

Let's hope that all of our governors and people adhere to CDC guidelines so we don't get to the 5,0000,000 infected!

We're supposed to vote tomorrow -- I've never missed and election since I've been eligible to vote.  I'm feeling run down and I'm high risk -- I think I may miss tomorrow's primary.  **nononono*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:36:50 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:45:59 pm »
Let's hope that all of our governors and people adhere to CDC guidelines so we don't get to the 5,0000,000 infected!

We're supposed to vote tomorrow -- I've never missed and election since I've been eligible to vote.  I'm feeling run down and I'm high risk -- I think I may miss tomorrow's primary.  **nononono*

The only election I've missed in the past 40 years was last Presidential Preference Poll in AZ.  Some smart cookie at the County Elections Department thought it would be dandy to reduce the number of polling places from over 200 to less than 60.  In Phoenix.  Neither of us are spring chickens anymore, and the wait times were over 4 hours.

The County Recorder was promptly defeated in her reelection, and replaced by a Rat.  I don't know that I've ever been happier to leave a place I once called "home."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 09:03:42 am »
Another unconstitutional and dangerous precedent set by the democrats.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 11:29:23 am »
I'm against voting by mail in real elections but I don't see it as much of a problem for primaries. They could have implemented a switch to all-mail-in balloting with a few weeks' delay.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA