Author Topic: Devin Nunes: ‘Media And The Left’ Are ‘Putting The Country Into A Panic’ For ‘No Reason’  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scott Morefield
Reporter
March 14, 2020 9:14 PM ET

Republican California Rep. Devin Nunes accused the “media and the left” of “putting the country into a panic” over the coronavirus pandemic.

Appearing on Saturday night’s “Watters World,” Nunes drew from his own experience coming down with H1N1 to urge Americans to “remain calm.”

“A lot of people are panicking,” Nunes told Fox News host Jesse Watters. “One guy sneezed. Someone has a runny nose.” The California congressman noted that most of this will be because of the oncoming Spring and the fact that people “have a lot of allergies.”

Other than making sure those who are “elderly with preexisting conditions of any kind, any underlying health concern” are “kept in isolation as best as possible” and given medical care if their temperature rises, Nunes said that the “main issue is for us in the United States is just to remain calm.”

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/14/devin-nunes-coronavirus-panic/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:30:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

I don’t believe that he believes it’s not  being done for no reason
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I don't either.  They are only reporting one person recovering in Washington state.  Data from CDC

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Washington%20state%20coronavirus%20updates&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=washington%20state%20coronavirus%20updates&sc=3-36&sk=&cvid=15691B1B7D0C43BFBE3E81E74368E14E

I just read that a person in China is one of 100 who supposedly recovered and after a month and socializing with people in his building he turns up positive again.  He is back in quarantine and his entire building is locked down again.

This virus came from a lab.  It is a weapon of war and was released.  It is time that the world hold China responsible.

We need so good solid information based on science and truth about this virus.  Otherwise of course people are going to panic.  They will no matter what.  Because this is a biological weapon released on the world.

Also they are now allowing people over 80 to die in Italy.  They are so overwhelmed.  They can't treat all the people.

My church was closed today.

So nothing is being overcautious at this point.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 05:57:44 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline conservativevoter

Right now, I am BEYOND PISSED OFF!!!!   9999hair out0000

Nunes is absolutely right.  I just checked the CDC website to see if they had some real idea of this heinous, god-awful disease that is going to KILL US ALL!!!!  bwahaaaa……….  **nononono*

Fox News said that they are taking off 2 of their programs on evening FBN and also something on the FN channel, but didn't say which programs specifically.  Know why?  BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP US THOROUGHLY, FRIGGINGLY INFORMED!!.

Okay, I am sort of off the soapbox now.

Just going to go through my DVD collection and pick out some good cartoons.  Knit another pair of socks.  Finish a book I am reading on U.S. Grant.  (He was the best general next to George S. Patton.)   :beer:

Online roamer_1

Crap. That sentence is a monkey knot.

Offline skeeter

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Anecdote from China:

My wife has an x-workmate, that works for non-profit dog rescue, in Harbin China. They bring back groups of dogs, for adoption in the US and Canada.

They chat on FB. The friend (with others, plus dogs) in China have been quarantined for 6 weeks, but it just lifted, and she posted a picture of  apparently free street life. Of course we have some scepticism.

I intend to contact my wife's cousins and family in southern Italy to get some Anecdotal information.

(one is EMT-firefighter, another a teacher, another a model). I just messaged one first cousin that I first met in Italy 1970, again a couple of years later when he visited the states. Anyway I am "family," although their English is better than my Italian.

I have a friend/client here, from Indonesia. I am going to check with her, about the status of her family/friends back home.

We have relatives , From Philippines, and So. Korea. Gonna check with them about family & friends back home, too.

I'm going to check with my cousins in Vancouver & Kelowna, BC, Canada.

A friend of many hyears, living in Thailland-a liberal no less. An AA bro.

You may now resume your hysteric phreak outs if you must.

I'm starying calm, washing my hands, seeking the truth, including by anecdote (real people that I have known for a long time).   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mrclose

Right now, I am BEYOND PISSED OFF!!!!   9999hair out0000

Fox News said that they are taking off 2 of their programs on evening FBN and also something on the FN channel, but didn't say which programs specifically.  Know why?  BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP US THOROUGHLY, FRIGGINGLY INFORMED!!.

Okay, I am sort of off the soapbox now.

@conservativevoter

Trish Regan and Kennedy.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:15:24 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Youse guys are lucky, I got a brain bleed.   :laugh:

Call 911. You're suffering a Quadruple Negaurism.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/devin-nunes-clarifies-that-when-he-told-people-to-go-to-the-local-pub-he-meant-a-drive-thru-pub/

One day after Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) told people “it’s a great time to to out,” he has clarified that when he told people to “go to your local pub,” he was only talking about take-out or drive-thru local pubs.

Here are the Republican congressman’s remarks from Sunday morning:

“If you’re healthy, you and your family, it’s a great time to go out and go to a local restaurant, likely you can get in easy. Let’s not hurt the working people in this country...go to your local pub”

video at link

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler