Author Topic: States impose drastic measures to battle coronavirus  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
States impose drastic measures to battle coronavirus
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:24:44 pm »
States impose drastic measures to battle coronavirus
By Jessie Hellmann - 03/11/20 04:46 PM EDT

State and local governments are taking drastic and unprecedented measures aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus, an acknowledgment that parts of the country are far past the point of containment.

Several cities are prohibiting large gatherings and events, big businesses are telling their workers to stay at home, and more classes are getting canceled at schools and universities.

Those disturbances to everyday life are likely to spread to other cities as an increase in testing reveals undetected cases, public health officials warned.

In Washington state, where there are almost 270 confirmed cases, Gov. Jay Inslee (D) on Wednesday announced a ban in three counties on gatherings of more than 250 people, the most drastic step taken yet by a state to contain the outbreak.

“The decisions that we're making today and the decisions we probably will be making in the upcoming days are going to be profoundly disturbing to a lot of the ways we live our lives today,” Inslee said. “But I believe they are the right ones."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/487109-states-impose-drastic-measures-to-battle-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: States impose drastic measures to battle coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:30 pm »
Just back from only my 2nd visit to my  regional VA clinic, for a service related item not covered by my Medicare-Advantage insurance and primary providers.

VA Physicians, nurses and clerks in masks. They stated tring to do more by phone and email, to reduce personal contact.

Chances are, some medical personnel will die in America, doing for others, in this challlenging time.

I thanked each of them, and agreed to do my part. I am reducing my non-essential contact risks.

The VA physician said she was drop shipping Amazon  supplies to her own elderly mother.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 11:03:09 pm »
Tyranny arrives to great applause.  *****rollingeyes*****

Them that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 11:15:22 pm »
Tyranny arrives to great applause.  *****rollingeyes*****

Them that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Agreed,  These measures make me nervous.  Shutting down New Rochelle and bringing in the National Guard, for example.  The official story is that the Guard will be delivering food and supplies to those forcibly quarantined and cleaning public buildings.  But let's say a resident tries to leave.  Is the Guard going to open fire on him? 

I'm not happy with this at all.  And no one else should be either. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 11:19:19 pm »
Agreed,  These measures make me nervous.  Shutting down New Rochelle and bringing in the National Guard, for example.  The official story is that the Guard will be delivering food and supplies to those forcibly quarantined and cleaning public buildings.  But let's say a resident tries to leave.  Is the Guard going to open fire on him? 

I'm not happy with this at all.  And no one else should be either.

If one were a bit cynical, one might see this panic as purposefully constructed to kick the tires on a new tyranny.
People are sheep.
More and more, I understand that to be the case...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 11:29:50 pm »
If one were a bit cynical, one might see this panic as purposefully constructed to kick the tires on a new tyranny.
People are sheep.
More and more, I understand that to be the case...

I'm not a believer in conspiracy theories, but since I don't trust the government -- from the president on down -- let's just say I wouldn't be surprised.  Both parties crave power and both would be delighted to impose draconian rule over the rest of us.