Author Topic: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2020, 03:50:11 pm »
Have a source for that?
-------------------------
Chatter on the sports networks.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2020, 03:54:02 pm »
I'm not smirking.  I'm not happy about this.  My maternal Grandmother is in her 90's.  Hell, I'm no spring chicken.  I've been concerned about this virus for over a month and I have not seen the President make any effort to address my concerns.  I like Tom Hanks.  His impression of Tom Hanks on SNLs Celebrity Jeopardy was uncanny.

OMG Trump killed Tom Hanks!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2020, 03:55:28 pm »
OMG Trump killed Tom Hanks!

You misspelled 'Forrest Gump'.   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2020, 04:00:18 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1238046001744826369

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
“Nancy Pelosi all of a sudden doesn’t like the payroll tax cut, but when Obama proposed it she thought it was a brilliant thing that all of the working families would benefit from because if you get a paycheck, you’re going to take home more money.”
@kilmeade @foxandfriends

5:15 AM · Mar 12, 2020

Looks like that call for unity expired hours after it left President Trump's lips.  His words mean nothing.

"We must put politics aside, stop the partisanship, and unify together as one nation and one family."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:01:20 pm by Once-Ler »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2020, 04:17:13 pm »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1238046001744826369

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
“Nancy Pelosi all of a sudden doesn’t like the payroll tax cut, but when Obama proposed it she thought it was a brilliant thing that all of the working families would benefit from because if you get a paycheck, you’re going to take home more money.”
@kilmeade @foxandfriends

5:15 AM · Mar 12, 2020

Looks like that call for unity expired hours after it left President Trump's lips.  His words mean nothing.

"We must put politics aside, stop the partisanship, and unify together as one nation and one family."

Surely, you understand the difference between the COVID-19 event and general Party politics.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2020, 04:19:41 pm »
Surely, you understand the difference between the COVID-19 event and general Party politics.  :laugh:

Of course he does. Best to just let him bark at the moon.

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2020, 04:58:11 pm »
Nope.  It looks like Trump wants to take his ball and go home because he doesn't play well with others.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2020, 05:01:32 pm »

Surely he must understand the Nancy and Chuckie don't give a crap about this country or its inhabitants.  They are concerned about themselves.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2020, 05:07:20 pm »
Surely he must understand the Nancy and Chuckie don't give a crap about this country or its inhabitants.  They are concerned about themselves.
I do.  Surely you must understand how much they have in common with Trump.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2020, 05:10:28 pm »
Btw, the confusion and panic that came about travel to and from Europe after the speech last night has settled somewhat today.

Apparently no one.... airlines, passengers, travel agents, his own State Department, European leaders...... was given any information about the announcement last night.

And what was clarified in the following HHS material differed from and clarified what was said in the speech.

(That's one of the reasons I was hoping he would give a clear, concise, calming speech).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2020, 05:11:55 pm »
Nope.  It looks like Trump wants to take his ball and go home because he doesn't play well with others.

Nope.  It looks like President Trump likes to fight back,...as the Dem Leadership media do to him 24/7.

But he clearly begs the Dems and the Media to stop yelling "FIRE" and come together to save as many lives as possible.

But instead, @Once-Ler you're politicizing this.     

Confirmation Bias.   Who displays it more here? 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2020, 05:12:39 pm »
Of course he does. Best to just let him bark at the moon.

:laugh:

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2020, 05:26:50 pm »
Nope.  It looks like President Trump likes to fight back,...as the Dem Leadership media do to him 24/7.

But he clearly begs the Dems and the Media to stop yelling "FIRE" and come together to save as many lives as possible.

But instead, @Once-Ler you're politicizing this.     

Confirmation Bias.   Who displays it more here?

@DCPatriot
I wasn't the one who addressed the nation and called for unity last night then blasted the Speaker on my morning potty tweet.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2020, 06:59:09 pm »
@DCPatriot
I wasn't the one who addressed the nation and called for unity last night then blasted the Speaker on my morning potty tweet.

:laugh:

Think of him as someone like 'Leon' in The Professional.   Covid-19 is women & kids.     

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2020, 07:05:07 pm »
Just received the following text from my good FRiend Sinkspur  His previous text to me was by in mid November 2019...so we really don't speak/communicate.

He just likes to kick me in the nutz a couple times a year.

"It finally happened.  Your boy is killing people.  He has no idea what he's doing and it's costing lives.

Biden just gave a speech that was presidential and showed he has a handle on what should be done.  Trump comes on and lies about the number of people being tested and banning people from Europe (does no good because the virus is already here). 

I'm guessing this virus is going to cost Trump the presidency. "

Screw Covid-19.     We should be investigating 'Body Snatchers' / Pod People.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:07:22 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2020, 07:08:00 pm »
Btw, the confusion and panic that came about travel to and from Europe after the speech last night has settled somewhat today.

Apparently no one.... airlines, passengers, travel agents, his own State Department, European leaders...... was given any information about the announcement last night.

And what was clarified in the following HHS material differed from and clarified what was said in the speech.

(That's one of the reasons I was hoping he would give a clear, concise, calming speech).

i suspect the Europe travel ban was intended to tip the left's hand, and IMO it has. The rats on one hand are saying this is a code red Katy-bar-the-door emergency Trump isn't taking seriously, and on the other hand they are condemning his travel ban.

In fact the House just pulled a bill that would've reversed Trump's travel bans. Apparently someone figured out it wouldn't look too good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2020, 07:19:58 pm »
i suspect the Europe travel ban was intended to tip the left's hand, and IMO it has. The rats on one hand are saying this is a code red Katy-bar-the-door emergency Trump isn't taking seriously, and on the other hand they are condemning his travel ban.

In fact the House just pulled a bill that would've reversed Trump's travel bans. Apparently someone figured out it wouldn't look too good.

I'm glad they pulled back on that silliness.... and you're right, someone with a couple of remaining brain cells probably advised them to get rid of that bill.

But, yikes...... shouldn't he have consulted with his own State Department and with transportation before announcing the ban?

Talk about inducing more panic.   **nononono*

I know I shouldn't expect clarity so that no one has to try to figure out what he's saying and doing, but c'mon!  This was an important moment for him, and it should have been thought out beforehand.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2020, 07:24:19 pm »
I'm glad they pulled back on that silliness.... and you're right, someone with a couple of remaining brain cells probably advised them to get rid of that bill.

But, yikes...... shouldn't he have consulted with his own State Department and with transportation before announcing the ban?

Talk about inducing more panic.   **nononono*

I know I shouldn't expect clarity so that no one has to try to figure out what he's saying and doing, but c'mon!  This was an important moment for him, and it should have been thought out beforehand.

I don't know what action was taken prior to the announcement, but eloquence is definitely not Trump's strong suit.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2020, 07:36:48 pm »
I don't know what action was taken prior to the announcement, but eloquence is definitely not Trump's strong suit.

I know someone in the State Department who issues Visas and deals with Visa fraud, and I can tell you for certain that the State Department was not informed before the announcement last night.

Nor was transportation.

Maybe it was some intermediaries who were responsible, but with Trump's lack of clarity in communication, all his ducks should have been in a row before last night.

I said earlier that I supported his giving this speech and that it could go a long way to calm fears.

Seems like it did the opposite, and that's too bad.   He shouldn't be blamed for this.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2020, 07:56:58 pm »
Let's not forget it was a State Department bureaucrat who OK'ed a flight of sick people to fly to the United States from Tokyo, AFTER Trump had issued orders to State not to allow that.  Telling the drones in advance what he's doing usually leads to somebody undermining those orders.  I had to deal with this kind of BS when dealing with my Ex concerning the rearing of the son I was raising alone.  If I ever told her what I was doing with him, she would always sabotage my efforts.  She must have really hated that boy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2020, 08:04:51 pm »
Let's not forget it was a State Department bureaucrat who OK'ed a flight of sick people to fly to the United States from Tokyo, AFTER Trump had issued orders to State not to allow that.  Telling the drones in advance what he's doing usually leads to somebody undermining those orders.  I had to deal with this kind of BS when dealing with my Ex concerning the rearing of the son I was raising alone.  If I ever told her what I was doing with him, she would always sabotage my efforts.  She must have really hated that boy.

Sorry, but that doesn’t negate the need for communication when there’s a major change in procedure.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2020, 08:21:01 pm »
Sorry, but that doesn’t negate the need for communication when there’s a major change in procedure.

My point was when he makes changes in procedure, minor or major, he gets undermined by people trying to make him fail.  Negation is irrelevant.  Bureaucrats screaming he "didn't notify them" are simply not believable, when they have ignore previous edicts.  I'm more inclined to believe the are lying he didn't notify, when it's likely he did.  In a similar vein, does John Brennan still have the security clearance Trump ordered stripped a year or so ago?  Last I heard, Brennan still has it.  That's how the bureaucracy treats Trump orders.

We'll never know for sure because we have a press that doesn't tell the truth, either. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2020, 08:26:55 pm »
My point was when he makes changes in procedure, minor or major, he gets undermined by people trying to make him fail.  Negation is irrelevant.  Bureaucrats screaming he "didn't notify them" are simply not believable, when they have ignore previous edicts.  I'm more inclined to believe the are lying he didn't notify, when it's likely he did.  In a similar vein, does John Brennan still have the security clearance Trump ordered stripped a year or so ago?  Last I heard, Brennan still has it.  That's how the bureaucracy treats Trump orders.

We'll never know for sure because we have a press that doesn't tell the truth, either. :shrug:

Furthermore, had he notified the aforementioned parties, it would have been leaked and the strategies criticized prior to the speech.

The guy cannot win.

...except at the ballot box.

He needs to PUSH for National Photo ID immediately and fully executed before the Election.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2020, 08:33:17 pm »

If you want to believe they were notified and are saying they weren’t go for it.

You can also believe the airlines were notified and pretended they weren’t......more power to you.

I’m just glad the confusion was cleared up today.

Shoulda been communicated clearly last night.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:34:10 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2020, 08:37:37 pm »
Furthermore, had he notified the aforementioned parties, it would have been leaked and the strategies criticized prior to the speech.

The guy cannot win.

...except at the ballot box.

He needs to PUSH for National Photo ID immediately and fully executed before the Election.

Doesn’t it bother you in the least that his chances at the ballot box diminish every time he fails to communicate correctly and clearly?

You should be hoping he does better in the future, not defending him when he drops the ball.