Author Topic: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est  (Read 3104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis
by Rob Crilly
 | March 11, 2020 04:14 PM

President Trump plans to deliver a statement on Wednesday night about his administration's response to coronavirus as the number of cases grows.

“I’ll be making a statement later tonight," he said during a meeting with banking executives.

Trump said it would probably be at 8 p.m. amid speculation he would use the Oval Office for the statement.

His administration has been working on a stimulus package to reassure plunging markets.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-says-he-will-address-the-nation-on-coronavirus-crisis
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Trump says he will address the nation on coronavirus crisis..8pm est
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 08:41:52 pm »
Good.  It doesn't matter whether it is rational or irrational, many have crossed the panic threshold.  He is our leader and it is time for him to speak. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:49:19 pm »
Good.  It doesn't matter whether it is rational or irrational, many have crossed the panic threshold.  He is our leader and it is time for him to speak.

I completely agree.

(As long as he doesn't ad lib ANYTHING.  It needs to be clear and concise).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:06:26 pm »
I completely agree.

(As long as he doesn't ad lib ANYTHING.  It needs to be clear and concise).

Yes. He needs to be clear and concise and on message, calm and reassuring and postive but also recognizing the seriousness of the situation, outlining the actual accomplishments thus far and some actual concrete plans going forward.

What he absolutly should not do is undermine his own task force, especially Dr. Fauci or pull his own version of facts out of his ass or tout how he as a knack for this sort of thing, could have been a doctor because of his brilliant MIT uncle, or bring up:

Obama
Pelosi
Fake News
Hoaxes
Or how the coronavirus tests that everybody can get are as beautiful as the transcrips of "that" call
etc.

:2popcorn:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 09:08:31 pm »
Fox is saying 9pm est although this article and Trump said 8pmest
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 09:10:18 pm »

Maybe he didn't spring forward yet?
John Steinbeck

Offline berdie

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 09:12:22 pm »
The time doesn't matter. The government can't do a dam* thing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 09:21:08 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 09:27:45 pm »

The article has been updated @mystery-ak   The President will speak at 9:00 pm ET

Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

I will be addressing the Nation this evening at 9:00 P.M. (Eastern) from the Oval Office.

1:44 PM - 11 Mar 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237841878889840642

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 09:29:14 pm »
I disagree that the administration is “downplaying the risk.” Trump points to the experts and they tell it to us straight, DAILY. People who are using politicians or the media to calibrate their opinions on COVID-19 have only themselves to blame.— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) March 11, 2020

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 09:37:15 pm »
President Trump has been very quick to respond.  I heard on Rush the other day, that he was made aware of the problem in China some time ago and informed Congress, who as usual did nothing.  Now, Chuckie is calling for him to declare a national emergency.

IF Congress complies with Trump's request(s) I have every confidence in him that he will lead this country through this.

Prayers up for President Trump and this country.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:38:08 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:01 pm »
Yes. He needs to be clear and concise and on message, calm and reassuring and postive but also recognizing the seriousness of the situation, outlining the actual accomplishments thus far and some actual concrete plans going forward.

What he absolutly should not do is undermine his own task force, especially Dr. Fauci or pull his own version of facts out of his ass or tout how he as a knack for this sort of thing, could have been a doctor because of his brilliant MIT uncle, or bring up:

Obama
Pelosi
Fake News
Hoaxes
Or how the coronavirus tests that everybody can get are as beautiful as the transcrips of "that" call
etc.

:2popcorn:

Exactly! NO self-absorbed commentary, hyperbole, attacking others or word soup, or he’ll make things worse.

If he stays on script (with someone else’s words) it could go a long way to calm things down.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 10:04:43 pm »

Amen. 
John Steinbeck

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 12:34:42 am »
President Trump has been very quick to respond.  I heard on Rush the other day, that he was made aware of the problem in China some time ago and informed Congress, who as usual did nothing.  Now, Chuckie is calling for him to declare a national emergency.

IF Congress complies with Trump's request(s) I have every confidence in him that he will lead this country through this.

They where too busy with the BS Impeachment.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 12:56:10 am »
   I am somewhat confident the President won't F**k this up tonight.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 01:03:03 am »
   Very, very somber.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 01:17:36 am »
Trump restricts travel from Europe to fight spread of coronavirus
By Brett Samuels and Morgan Chalfant - 03/11/20 09:08 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday said he would restrict all travel from Europe for the next 30 days in an extensive step to address the public health crisis caused by the coronavirus.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487154-trump-announces-executive-actions-to-curb-coronavirus-outbreak-in-oval
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 01:20:11 am »
Very bold...the thirty day travel ban to and from Europe.

But why wait until midnight, Friday to put into effect?   Seems a bit ....arbitrary.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 01:25:39 am »
I watched the President's speech tonight.  While he said some good things, the speech just didn't come across with conviction with his usual punch. He seemed very uneasy, which is unusual for him. It was short and to the point; he said partisanship needs to be put aside, we will come out of this stronger, cautioned the elderly ... but he just didn't come across very convincing nor reassuring.

How is social security, an already over-burdened program going to be funded if he does away with payroll taxes?  I don't see Congress going along with this.

How are people who are affected by the virus and can't work, etc., going to get $$ relief? 

Sorry, as much as I was hoping that his speech would instill confidence, I just didn't feel it.

Anyone??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 01:28:58 am »

But why wait until midnight, Friday to put into effect?   Seems a bit ....arbitrary.

I'm guessing it had to do to make sure people who are from Europe get back to Europe and people from America get back to America.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 01:35:58 am »

Sorry, saw the speech. It wasn't convincing or reassuring.  He himself didn't exude the normal confidence and seemed uncomfortable with what he was saying.  He laid out a couple of band aids to a very bad situation. He talked about uniting and coming together, time to partisanship aside, we will come out stronger together....all words we wanted to hear, but he wasn't confident in delivering the message and therefore, I didn't feel any more reassured that we won't experience a lock down like Italy or China.

Yes, the 30 day Europe travel ban is needed -- can Congress buck him on this though?  I had also heard that the DEMS passed a bill that would not allow him to close our borders.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 01:42:03 am »
It seems very unlikely the virus will be contained within the next month.  Is travel just going to be banned indefinitely?  Not saying this was the wrong move, but it will be interesting to see how he handles the next step.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 01:42:12 am »
   It will be the liberal courts, just like last time, to thwart his ambitious European Travel Ban.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 01:42:51 am »

I'm guessing it had to do to make sure people who are from Europe get back to Europe and people from America get back to America.

What about people who have flights paid for?

Our daughter is flying to Ireland tomorrow, but won’t be able to come home!

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 01:46:18 am »
What about people who have flights paid for?

Our daughter is flying to Ireland tomorrow, but won’t be able to come home!

Maybe she shouldn't go to Ireland?  :shrug: