Author Topic: Japan welcomes lithium-ion battery powered submarine into service  (Read 354 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Japan welcomes lithium-ion battery powered submarine into service
Stacy Liberatore

Japan welcomes its first submarine powered by lithium-ion batteries into service that provides longer endurance at speeds up to 20 knots while submerged

Ouryu is Japan's first lithium-ion battery powered submarine

The vessel was welcome into service last week, but first launched in 2018

It hit speeds of 20 knots while submerged and 13 knots on the surface

Ouryu was christened in June of 2018 (pictured), but was recently brought into service on Thursday, March 5, 2020. The technology requires less maintenance and provides longer endurance at high speeds while submerged compared to lead-acid batteries

Read more at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8093145/Japan-welcomes-lithium-ion-battery-powered-submarine-service.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

I'm not sure if having the 'Rising Sun' emblem is acceptable. I think not actually, by those they conquered in WWII.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:54:15 am by TomSea »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Japan welcomes lithium-ion battery powered submarine into service
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 12:07:26 pm »
The  lithium-ion batteries replaced lead-acid batteries. It is still a diesel-electric submarine.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Japan welcomes lithium-ion battery powered submarine into service
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 01:21:02 pm »
I'm not sure if having the 'Rising Sun' emblem is acceptable. I think not actually, by those they conquered in WWII.

I kind of see your point, but a more militant stronger Japenese military helps us counter the Chicoms.

I give it a pass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.