Author Topic: World Coronavirus News II with Updates  (Read 68688 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: World Coronavirus News II with Updates
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2020, 02:28:34 am »
@Cyber Liberty Thanx. It's a hard habit to break.

Reading your posts takes alot of getting used to.

Should learn to live with it. But I don't want to.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2020, 02:32:49 am »
Get this, they think they've found an anti-body but they need billions to get to testing. Billions probably is not that much IF they actually found one that would work, it'd probably be chump change.

So, I think I'll leave that little bit of good feeling and good news of these last two stories to hope, things start going positive. Somewhere I picked up is we may have 4 weeks of this "hunkering down".

I can do that.  8 weeks if I have to, but I might run out of beer. :terror:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2020, 02:39:30 am »
I can do that.  8 weeks if I have to, but I might run out of beer. :terror:

Start a batch of beer tomorrow. Five days to ferment. One day to bottle. Four weeks to age. You'll be all set.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2020, 01:49:19 pm »
Israel seeing decrease in terror activity in the ME as Iran’s death toll from coronavirus rises to 853
by BtNews · March 16, 2020

The IDF is seeing a decrease in the amount of terror activity in the Middle East by Israel’s enemies due to the continued spread of the coronavirus, IDF Spokesperson Hidai Zilberman told reporters on Monday.

“There are countries who have gotten it way worse than us with this coronavirus story, and as a result, their activities are at a slower pace,” Zilberman said.

Read more at: https://btnews.online/israel-seeing-decrease-in-terror-activity-in-the-me-as-irans-death-toll-from-coronavirus-rises-to-853/

A War Plan for the Next Coronavirus Starts Now
Bloomberg · by James Stavridis · March 14, 2020

History tells us that every century or two, there is a particularly virulent pathogen that poses a significant global threat to humans. We don't know if the coronavirus will have the transmission rate of the Spanish Influenza of a century ago - which infected more than a third of the world's population - and it hasn't had anything like the 60% lethality of the Avian Flu of 1997. But what if someday we face a biological opponent that combines both?

Obviously, we are in an all-hands-on-deck moment. Our best scientists and physicians are working desperately to develop both a vaccine to prevent infection and drugs to mitigate the effects of Covid-19, the actual disease caused by the coronavirus. But even as we struggle to contain, treat and ultimately defeat the coronavirus, we need to be thinking about  next pandemic. How can experience from past crises be useful in combating this one? How can we ensure that lessons learned from the coronavirus fight are used to prepare us for the next time?

I'll start with my area of expertise. People usually think of our militaries as optimized to destroy things and apply lethal force. But in my career, I learned that the best use of the military is to bring order out of chaos. For example, when I was commander of the U.S. Southern Command in 2010, we dealt with a cholera outbreak that infected half a million Haitians. Working with militaries of friendly nations - Chile, Brazil, Argentina - we built hospitals and shelters; oversaw improvements in water supplies and hygiene (the keys to battling cholera); provided electricity to schools, hospitals and clinics; and gave a sense of stability with crowd-control and law-enforcement assistance.

See more at: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/A-War-Plan-for-the-Next-Coronavirus-Starts-Now.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=zpDDvoOh4wc

Seems like important information.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2020, 01:52:07 pm »
Repeating from the other thread:

We just went from 3 in my town to another three this morning according to the latest text alert from Nixle.

If you don’t have Nixle texts I do recommend them. Google Nixle. Then type where you live. These alerts really do come in handy not only for heath but they tell you about traffic and where there’s an accident as well as what roads are down. Saves driving time!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2020, 01:52:21 pm »
Thanks for all the updates and information.

@Cyber Liberty I just opened my last can of coffee! I forgot to buy another can! This is bad. Mamma needs her daily cup of coffee!  :coffee!: :coffee!:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:56:07 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2020, 02:02:08 pm »
Someone noted this story, this is not their source but it is the same story:

In January we met with a friend from Taiwan who does political and economic risk analysis and he shared that China actually dejected the first case as early as October.  But even if the earliest case was November it still shows how irresponsibly China acted.

New data reveals coronavirus patient zero might be from mid-November
https://www.jpost.com/International/New-data-reveals-coronavirus-patient-zero-might-be-from-mid-November-620994
For context, the outbreak was only first brought to the attention of the World Health Organization at the end of December.
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF     MARCH 15, 2020 05:42

Newly reviewed data from the Chinese government reveals that patient zero of the  coronavirus outbreak may have been infected earlier than previously believed, The South China Morning Post reported.According to the data, which has not yet been made public, the COVID-19 virus was likely first contracted by a 55-year-old man from China's Hubei Province on November 17, 2019.

For context, the outbreak was only first brought to the attention of the World Health Organization at the end of December.However, this data is far from conclusive, as increasing reviews of the data from the Chinese government keep placing the beginning of the outbreak further and further back.Since November 17, one to five new cases were reported on a daily basis, slowly increasing as time went on. On December 15, 27 cases were confirmed. By December 20, that number had jumped to 60. The year 2019 ended with 266 cases, and ended the first day of 2020 with over 380. While the first nine cases were reported in November, it is unknown if any of them are patient zero.However, it is possible that there could have been earlier cases."The findings might indicate that the coronavirus started circulating weeks before the first cases were officially diagnosed and reported," wrote Business Insider's Holly Secon.

Continued at:  https://myemail.constantcontact.com/New-data-reveals-coronavirus-patient-zero-might-be-from-mid-November.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=QpndlZuZY4o

Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
After only 5 days' short rest, the 4th medical support team from #Guangxi province returning to #Wuhan on Mar 14 to battle #COVID2019
#Coronavirus #CoronavirusOutbreak #CoronavirusPandemic #coronaviruschina
This is not a rumor, Chinese official report: https://new.qq.com/omn/20200314/2

https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1239369039161503744

It's too note,  there are reports of people not 'really' recovering and the like. Even sometimes, it appears people test negative and then, later, positive at this point at least.

NTD, New Tang Dynasty News, this seems to be connected to The Epoch Times news outfit.

Throughout this whole matter, Jennifer Zeng's twitter has had quite a bit of valuable information, sometimes, the kind one does not care to see. She apparently is located in NYC New York.  So, she is probably getting the information in email and the like.

Yes, NOTE: China being sued and this makes a lot of sense to me, whether people will ever see money if they win their lawsuit, that's pretty questionable.

Jennifer Zeng 曾錚
@jenniferatntd
美國佛州律師及四名公民就 #武漢肺炎  的蔓延發起對中共政府的集體訴訟。
Class Action Filed Against China Over COVID-19 Outbreak https://at.law.com/Bh2q8w?cmp=share_twitter
 via @dbreview

As said, a font of information.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:20:07 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2020, 02:07:02 pm »
Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
Please stop spreading stupid rumors about marshall law.

COMPLETELY FALSE

We will continue to see closings & restrictions on hours of non-essential businesses in certain cities & states. But that is NOT marshall law.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1239553159154057216

Forget the places that are restricting gatherings to no more than 100 people, it seems one place was limiting it to 5 people, within reason I am sure, you have families that are larger and workplaces? Their must be some fine print to this. Colorado may be limiting gatherings to no more than 50 people.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:09:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2020, 02:15:51 pm »

@Cyber Liberty I just opened my last can of coffee! I forgot to buy another can! This is bad. Mamma needs her daily cup of coffee!  :coffee!: :coffee!:

Too bad I can't send it over the internet!  I just got 4 fresh canisters...I get them from Amazon, you could probably get it same-day where you live.  It takes a minimum of two days here in our smallish town.

We've already been using Walmart curbside pickup, it's nice.  All this talk of "social distancing" is in my wheelhouse.  It's a good time to be hermits!  We got this....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2020, 02:17:51 pm »

Finally!  Something worth panicking over.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2020, 02:19:03 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2020, 02:20:03 pm »

I'm looking for recent US stats for the disease - all I can find is there've been 2 additional deaths since yesterday AM.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2020, 02:21:56 pm »
I'm looking for recent US stats for the disease - all I can find is there've been 2 additional deaths since yesterday AM.
I heard five, all in New York City.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2020, 02:22:23 pm »

US stats are worthless until they begin reporting recoveries.

In business, you get what you count.  If you treat your departments as cost centers rather than profit centers, then you get costs.  We are looking for recoveries here - not deaths.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:24:06 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:01 pm »

I know! I bought a big box of sweet n low with 350 packets, and a 50 packet box of the green stuff. Then two bottles of powdered cream substitute. I always try to keep one or more of those on backup. Learned that from Sandy.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:31 pm »
IF I see stats that this is not spreading in the USA or not spreading much, good for those who are working for its containment. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:25:21 pm by TomSea »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:53 pm »
Indeed. We're getting to the point where they should be recovering, but there've been no reports so far.

We'll know whether we've turned a corner or not once we start seeing the recoveries outpacing new infections. That'll be a few weeks down the road.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2020, 02:25:37 pm »

In business, you get what you count.  If you treat your departments as cost centers rather than profit centers, then you get costs.  We are looking for recoveries here - not deaths.

I get your point, but deaths is another stark way to show trends which may or may not justify the public reaction.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2020, 02:26:36 pm »
IF I see stats that this is not spreading in the USA, good for those who are working for its containment.
We'll see. We're not there yet. BUT it seems we have tightened down the international entry component of this, so areas that haven't had community spread yet probably are not yet in immediate risk of it. If we're lucky, and these lockdown measures work, it'll stay that way. But we might not see for sure for a week or more, just because of that incubation period.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2020, 02:27:45 pm »
I get your point, but deaths is another stark way to show trends which may or may not justify the public reaction.

There is a direct correlation between the public reaction and the number of minutes spent watching CNN.

Offline thackney

« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2020, 02:29:34 pm »
Indeed. We're getting to the point where they should be recovering, but there've been no reports so far.

We'll know whether we've turned a corner or not once we start seeing the recoveries outpacing new infections. That'll be a few weeks down the road.

WORLD / COUNTRIES / UNITED STATES
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Last updated: March 16, 2020, 14:25 GMT
 United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

- - - - - -

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2020, 02:30:06 pm »
There is a direct correlation between the public reaction and the number of minutes spent watching CNN.

Which rises exponentially as we all become shut ins.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:28 pm »

Really? Reporting on new cases is useless? If one county goes from 5 to 10 the next day it's useless??? And one wants to stay out of the way?  *****rollingeyes*****

You really can't make some of this up.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 02:36:58 pm by TomSea »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:38 pm »

Been on tea all weekend myself.  8888crybaby
Fixin to go to town - Went on friday eve and saturday, and just turned around. Too many ppl. Hopefully it will be less today. If not I am bulling through it anyway, just to get it out of my hair.

And the very first stop? My favorite Copper Mountain Coffee hut.  :beer:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2020, 02:32:00 pm »
Which rises exponentially as we all become shut ins.

Netflix and chill. Easier on your mental health imho.