Author Topic: Donald Trump Rejects Lindsey Graham’s Push for DACA Amnesty  (Read 290 times)

Online libertybele

Graham certainly hasn't changed his stance on amnesty. With the coronavirus fears, oil prices tanking as well as the stock market, Trump would be a complete fool to allow for any kind of amnesty -- he could very easily lose a large portion of his base.  Isn't that what he campaigned on?  No amnesty and building a wall? The DEMS aren't going to negotiate or do anything that would favor his re-election.

Donald Trump Rejects Lindsey Graham’s Push for DACA Amnesty

President Donald Trump and a group of GOP senators quickly rejected a DACA amnesty deal pushed by Sen. Lindsey Graham on Thursday afternoon – but left the door open to future negotiations.

They will now wait until after the Supreme Court decides on the legality of Barack Obama’s work permit giveaway to 800,000 younger illegals, says multiple media reports.

The quick amnesty pitch by Graham (R-SC) was rejected when GOP Senators urged Trump to wait until the court releases its decision, due by June. The court’s decision may give Trump more leverage as he tries to get an immigration reform deal from Democrats, a GOP source told Breitbart News.......

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/06/donald-trump-rejects-lindsey-grahams-push-for-daca-amnesty/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Donald Trump Rejects Lindsey Graham’s Push for DACA Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 03:09:17 pm »
Any effort that provides more for DACA will be met with lost votes.  Frankly, I am tired of hearing about DACA folks.  They are illegal invading aliens, and I do not care how they came to the USA, they are illegal.  Any suggestion by Republicans to do anything for illegals will result in Republicans staying home in November.

The reason why Trump resonated so well with Americans is because he is the first person in decades to talk about doing things for USA citizens.  Any mention of doing things for illegal invading aliens would be the kiss of death for any Republican.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 03:13:10 pm »
Any effort that provides more for DACA will be met with lost votes.  Frankly, I am tired of hearing about DACA folks.  They are illegal invading aliens, and I do not care how they came to the USA, they are illegal.  Any suggestion by Republicans to do anything for illegals will result in Republicans staying home in November.

The reason why Trump resonated so well with Americans is because he is the first person in decades to talk about doing things for USA citizens.  Any mention of doing things for illegal invading aliens would be the kiss of death for any Republican.

Exactly. I was a little surprised by this; didn't SCOTUS rule against DACA??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 03:20:44 pm »
Graham cares only about his state's agribusinesses, apparently not caring what the gross effect will be to the rest of the nation of his incessant push to legalize illegals. DACA is only a foot in the door.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 03:29:49 pm »
Graham cares only about his state's agribusinesses, apparently not caring what the gross effect will be to the rest of the nation of his incessant push to legalize illegals. DACA is only a foot in the door.

Just one more Chamber of Commerce stooge!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 03:35:06 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 03:41:06 pm »

Yes indeed. And he's doing nothing less than stealing our childrens' birthright.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 04:23:46 pm »
Donald Trump Rejects Lindsey Graham’s Push for DACA Amnesty

Good for Trump!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 04:25:28 pm »
Graham cares only about his state's agribusinesses, ....

@skeeter

Not true. He/she/multiple choice also cares about being re-elected,and with every year that passes,Texas gets "more Mexican".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!