Author Topic: Inslee declares emergency in Washington state after first US coronavirus death  (Read 740 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inslee declares emergency in Washington state after first US coronavirus death
By Tal Axelrod - 02/29/20 04:29 PM EST

Gov. Jay Inslee (D-Wash.) declared a state of emergency in Washington state Saturday just hours after he announced the first death in the United States from the coronavirus.

The declaration directs state agencies to use all resources necessary to prepare for and respond to an outbreak and also allows the use of the Washington National Guard, if necessary.

“This will allow us to get the resources we need,” Inslee said in a statement. “This is a time to take common-sense, proactive measures to ensure the health and safety of those who live in Washington state.”

“Washingtonians can be assured we’ve taken this threat seriously and have been working in collaboration with our health care partners to develop plans and procedures to prepare for what could likely be a world-wide pandemic,” he added. “Our priority now is to slow the spread of this virus.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/485303-inslee-declares-emergency-in-washington-state-after-first-us-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Officials announce possible coronavirus outbreak in Washington nursing facility
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/485302-officials-announce-possible-coronavirus-outbreak-in-washington-nursing
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Question: How many death this season, from regular flu ??

Dr. Drew called on the media, to quit whipping up fear, that this situation is worse than ordinary seasonal flu.

Wouldn't it be something, if months later we look back at actual statisitics, and lears the media has just used this as part of their continuing campaign to scare us?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My daughter just called from outside Seattle on this.  The death occurred in a nearby hospital.

She said they have stopped all public ground transportation and will decide later on airports.

The state has also asked all companies to allow employees to work from home if possible.

She has decided to fly here to Texas in a couple of days to stay with us in case they close the airports, and her husband can work out of here.

The local grocery stores are clearing out on the shelves, no water, sanitizer, clorox, all being stockpiled.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My daughter just called from outside Seattle on this.  The death occurred in a nearby hospital.

She said they have stopped all public ground transportation and will decide later on airports.

The state has also asked all companies to allow employees to work from home if possible.

She has decided to fly here to Texas in a couple of days to stay with us in case they close the airports, and her husband can work out of here.

The local grocery stores are clearing out on the shelves, no water, sanitizer, clorox, all being stockpiled.

WTH is wrong with Inslee...one person died and he is proposing all of this..sheeesh!
Support the USO

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
WTH is wrong with Inslee...one person died and he is proposing all of this..sheeesh!

I remember Inslee in the debates. There was something a little unhinged and power drunk about him.

Absolutely don't trust his motives here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mortarman

Had President Trump declared the emergency measures you can bet your bottom dollar that some Left-wing Fascist group with a letterhead, an email address an' a bambulace chaser on retainer with the phone number for a Sock Monkey appointed judge on speed dial would have an injunction filed before the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda could even denounce President Trump an' demand his immediate impeachment.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline thackney

This panic may end up saving lives from the regular flu.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online berdie

This panic may end up saving lives from the regular flu.

That's a great point!