Author Topic: There’s a very good reason the media is silent about the Milwaukee mass shooting  (Read 746 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 28, 2020
There’s a very good reason the media is silent about the Milwaukee mass shooting
By Andrea Widburg

On Wednesday, an angry ex-employee got a gun, put a silencer on it, went to the MillersCoors facility where he had once worked, and shot five people to death before shooting himself. One would expect to have a barrage of news stories about America’s gun violence problem and the need to ban guns. After all, on Tuesday, before the shooting happened, the Democrat candidates were all over each other trying to explain why each would be more effective at destroying the Second Amendment. Instead, though, we got crickets.

The reason for the media’s silence became apparent when the media identified the shooter: 51-year-old Anthony Ferrill was black. This meant that the media couldn’t use its white supremacist narrative to justify grabbing guns.

The narrative broke down even further when social media posts revealed that Ferrill may well have been an Elizabeth Warren supporter, an assumption arising from the fact that his wife proudly posted a selfie of herself last year at an Elizabeth Warren rally:

On her various social media pages, which have now been deleted, Ferrill’s wife posted photos of her family and expressing liberal political views. In July 2019, Ferrill’s wife attended a speech by U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren at South Division High School Gym in Milwaukee. Following the speech, Ferrill’s wife took a photo with the Massachusetts senator.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/02/theres_a_very_good_reason_the_media_is_silent_about_the_milwaukee_mass_shooting.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

We are not being told the type of weapon used either...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We are not being told the type of weapon used either...
Likely it was a revolver. Six people killed including the shooter. That's a revolver.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Likely it was a revolver. Six people killed including the shooter. That's a revolver.

Everyone shot was killed, which might mean he gave each victim more than one shot.

Offline Applewood

Talking about this in the primary thread regarding the shooting in National News.  Usually the bodies aren't even cold yet when someone on the news is calling this the work of a white, right-wing conservative gun nut and we have to confiscate all the guns.    In this case -- silence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Everyone shot was killed, which might mean he gave each victim more than one shot.
Or pulled off head shots.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

The reason for the media’s silence became apparent when the media identified the shooter: 51-year-old Anthony Ferrill was black. This meant that the media couldn’t use its white supremacist narrative to justify grabbing guns.

The narrative broke down even further when social media posts revealed that Ferrill may well have been an Elizabeth Warren supporter, an assumption arising from the fact that his wife proudly posted a selfie of herself last year at an Elizabeth Warren rally

* The shooter is a Dem/Prog;

* The shooter is the "wrong" skin color;

* The shooter had paranoid delusions of being a race-victim.

Nothing here for the MSM and Dems to exploit.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

In fact, if the shooter wasn't actually discriminated against, it's the divisiveness of identity politics at the root of all this.
As for watching videos on the phone when someone is being paid to work, well, that can get you sacked, regardless of protected class distinctions.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

They certainly can't exploit this guy - they created him.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Or pulled off head shots.
Or, he had a .357 Magnum with hollow points.
You can get hit in the toe with one of those and still die.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

And, he used the 'wrong' kind of weapon.
As far as we know now, he did not use an Evil Assault Rifle.
Which is another of many reasons the press is not interested.
But this is far from new. The streets of Chicago are awash with guns and people die there almost every day.
However, since the perps are almost all young Blacks, and since Chicago has nearly the most gun control in the country, the press cannot report on it. Because that would be ...(wait for it...) RACIST!

Offline goatprairie

And, he used the 'wrong' kind of weapon.
As far as we know now, he did not use an Evil Assault Rifle.
Which is another of many reasons the press is not interested.
But this is far from new. The streets of Chicago are awash with guns and people die there almost every day.
However, since the perps are almost all young Blacks, and since Chicago has nearly the most gun control in the country, the press cannot report on it. Because that would be ...(wait for it...) RACIST!
This is an everyday occurrence in most American cities with a substantial black population. I know that because I check the news from many large American cities daily.
It's a rare day that any of those cities do not report a shooting/killing almost always by a young, black male. The victims are almost always black as well, including many innocent young children.

Offline verga

Depending on what hi sover all intent was he was most likely using a semi auto (They are more prevalent today) and it was probably a 9mm. The majority of Mass shootings (especially in schools) are committed with either .22 or 9mm. Last year two of my students did a study on this and these accounted for 75% of all mass shootings. If you include gang style for inner city youths it bumps up to about 90%.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Well, that and a beer factory doesn't make as titillating copy as a public school, a church, a military base, etc.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I saw a story over on Bookface that said he built the weapon from parts purchased online.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

Or maybe with 150 million gun deaths, this one just got lost in the shuffle.
 :whistle:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline goatprairie

Or maybe with 150 million gun deaths, this one just got lost in the shuffle.
 :whistle:
yeah, it was tough today the wife and I drove into town  to get food. I had to drive around all those dead bodies littering the streets.  22222frying pan

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@240B

????? It's a freaking handgun round,not an artillery shell.

And chances are the handgun used was a semi-auto because silencers don't work well with revolvers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I saw a story over on Bookface that said he built the weapon from parts purchased online.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Seems VERY unlikely. Even revolvers are more complex than most people think.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Cyber Liberty

Seems VERY unlikely. Even revolvers are more complex than most people think.
Right. To me semi-autos are simpler--no clockwork, no cylinder to align.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Right. To me semi-autos are simpler--no clockwork, no cylinder to align.

@Smokin Joe

Not to mention indexing and timing.

Offline verga

@Smokin Joe @sneakypete Years ago I looked in building a custom .45. It is actually a fairly simple process. Purchase the "lower" sign the paperwork and then decide on what you want for the rest. At any decent gun show you can pretty much purchase everything you need. The only difficult part would be if you wanted to do porting to put on a compensator if you were building a competition rig, but doable if you have a good drill press and are willing to get your hands dirty with a die grinder of Foredom.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Smokin Joe @sneakypete Years ago I looked in building a custom .45. It is actually a fairly simple process. Purchase the "lower" sign the paperwork and then decide on what you want for the rest. At any decent gun show you can pretty much purchase everything you need. The only difficult part would be if you wanted to do porting to put on a compensator if you were building a competition rig, but doable if you have a good drill press and are willing to get your hands dirty with a die grinder of Foredom.

@verga

Well,it is a little more complex than that. Not all parts are of equal quality,and in MY opinion,if you are building a custom 1911,you are tailoring it to run a specific load.

For example,my personal Combat Commander carry gun won't even cycle the slide enough to jam with military ball ammo,but with my handloads FOR THAT SPECIFIC WEAPON,it functions flawlessly with 200 grain bullets and will shoot the center out of a bullseye target.

I have a stock 1911 for shooting standard loads,and another full-sized 1911 that is hand-fitting that also shoots and functions perfectly with standard loads.

"Function ABOVE ALL" are words to live by. Literally.

Offline verga

@verga

Well,it is a little more complex than that. Not all parts are of equal quality,and in MY opinion,if you are building a custom 1911,you are tailoring it to run a specific load.

For example,my personal Combat Commander carry gun won't even cycle the slide enough to jam with military ball ammo,but with my handloads FOR THAT SPECIFIC WEAPON,it functions flawlessly with 200 grain bullets and will shoot the center out of a bullseye target.

I have a stock 1911 for shooting standard loads,and another full-sized 1911 that is hand-fitting that also shoots and functions perfectly with standard loads.

"Function ABOVE ALL" are words to live by. Literally.
Should have clarified, I am a machinist by trade, generally worked to tolerances of .002-.005 and pretty much could build a firearm from scratch if I had to.