Author Topic: Bob Woodson: Slavery Was America’s “Birth Defect,” But It Doesn’t Define America  (Read 222 times)

rangerrebew

Bob Woodson: Slavery Was America’s “Birth Defect,” But It Doesn’t Define America

By Epoch Times —— Bio and Archives--February 26, 2020

“The 1619 Project” published by New York Times Magazine has been described by several Civil War scholars as historically inaccurate.

But In the eyes of Bob Woodson, who has devoted the past several decades to helping people in troubled, low-income communities, its biggest problem is that it defines America as being incurably racist.

Just how does Woodson’s brainchild, 1776, seek to counter this narrative?

https://canadafreepress.com/article/bob-woodson-slavery-was-americas-birth-defect-but-it-doesnt-define-america

Offline Absalom

Slavery in the Colonies was instituted by Great Britain during their rule of some 200 years.
As such responsibility for slavery over that period belongs to them, not the USA.
From the adoption of our Constitution to the Emancipation Proclamation was some 75 years.
As such we are responsible for slavery in those 75.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What HorseHillary! Slavery was the rule in every developing nation in the world at that time,AND.......,are you ready for this?????

It wasn't just blacks. White people were also enslaved.

So take your Pity Party somewhere else,Woodson.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

What HorseHillary! Slavery was the rule in every developing nation in the world at that time,AND.......,are you ready for this?????

Only four percent of the African slaves transported across the Atlantic to the Americas went to the area north of the Rio Grande.

Offline aligncare

Yes, a cruel world existed before me. But, I had nothing to do with it—I rescue puppies. So, how far back shall we go to indict our ancestors under current norms and laws? Just. Let. It. Go.

Liberals are not happy unless they are not happy.

Offline goatprairie

Yes, a cruel world existed before me. But, I had nothing to do with it—I rescue puppies. So, how far back shall we go to indict our ancestors under current norms and laws? Just. Let. It. Go.

Liberals are not happy unless they are not happy.
"Liberals are not happy unless they are not happy."

I'm sure you've heard the quip by H.L. Mencken about the Puritans whom he said used to lie awake in bed at night worrying that somewhere else some people were having fun.
I look at today's liberals as people who, like you said, are not happy unless they're miserable.
I remember in particular one regular poster (she was actually allowed to write guest columns) in my local rag who was an arch radical fem-nazi. Her frowning photo accompanying her scribbling suited her writing perfectly.
To her, the U.S. was a hellhole. Every one of her columns or letters to the editor were angry rants against men and life in general in America.
I had a co-worker who went to high school with the woman, and he said she was the same then...a whining, complaining, bitter person mad at the world. Like most liberals.