Author Topic: Trump furious Americans infected with coronavirus flew back to US without his permission: report  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I sailed posted:
"Ian Brownlee, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, in Japan has worked in the State Department for years..."

Hmmm....
I wonder which administration appointed this guy?
And if that was fundamental in Mr. Brownlee's decision to ignore Mr. Trump's instructions...?
He's been around for multiple administrations, and was previously stationed in Mexico and Central America. The hard part is getting dates on these appointments, and not being top dog, likely he's been off the radar as another up and coming bureaucrat within State. While he is a holdover from Obama's Administration, for certain, I don't know how far he goes back before that.
These are the sort of people who continue doing what they do, until they pull something like this, like any mole in an agency, just waiting to be activated. Whether that is the case or not, or whether he decided to do this entirely on his own, I don't pretend to know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis