Author Topic: Michael Bloomberg Utterly Destroyed Over Sexism Accusations  (Read 191 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Michael Bloomberg Utterly Destroyed Over Sexism Accusations
« on: February 21, 2020, 02:55:45 am »
This was supposed to be the electable alternative?
By Robby Soave
https://reason.com/2020/02/19/michael-bloomberg-debate-ndas-sexism-warren/

"I'd like to talk about who we're running against: a billionaire who calls women fat broads and horse-faced lesbians," said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.) in her opening remarks during Wednesday night's debate. "And no, I'm not talking about Donald Trump. I'm talking about Mayor Bloomberg."

So began an all-out assault on the latest candidate to enter the fray: former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Former Vice President Joe Biden, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D–Minn.), Sen. Bernie Sanders (I–Vt.), and former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg all slammed Bloomberg over his appalling support for stop-and-frisk policing, his history of making sexist remarks, and the hostile workplace allegations that have been levied against him.

After the former mayor lamely defended his record by noting that his company had been voted the second-best place to work in America, Warren delivered the knock-out blow.

"I hope you heard what his defense was," she said. "I've been nice to some women."

When Warren and Biden pressed Bloomberg on whether he would release former employees who had complained about sexism in the workplace from their non-disclosure agreements, he flatly refused . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Michael Bloomberg Utterly Destroyed Over Sexism Accusations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 02:57:20 am »
It doesn't matter how poorly he did, he has the $$ to buy the nomination.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Michael Bloomberg Utterly Destroyed Over Sexism Accusations
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 03:07:55 am »
It doesn't matter how poorly he did, he has the $$ to buy the nomination.
@libertybele
With knowledge like that I always remember that just because someone can buy a nomination doesn't oblige anyone to listen to him, never mind vote for him.  wink777

And the only reason I know of to listen to Michael Bloomberg is to remind oneself of what a malevolent germ he really is.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.