Author Topic: Trump allies target Mueller team, one by one  (Read 434 times)

Offline bilo

Trump allies target Mueller team, one by one
« on: February 21, 2020, 01:13:22 am »
“I think that the White House understands that it has the support of the insurgent conservative punditry in this fight, because we see what the fight is,” said Schlicter, whose recent columns on the subject have run under headlines like “Time for Trump to Get His Godfather On” and “Burn Down the DOJ and Start Over.”

Tom Fitton, the president of the conservative activist group Judicial Watch, tweets several times a day about alleged “deep state corruption” at the Justice Department and last week described Stone’s sentencing recommendation as “Mueller holdover extortion.” Trump retweeted Fitton’s accusations of corruption at DOJ and the need to “clean house” there nearly a dozen times on Wednesday morning alone.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2020/02/trump-allies-target-mueller-team-one-one/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Trump allies target Mueller team, one by one
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 01:19:08 am »
I know a lot of people are uneasy about Trump making life tough for AG Barr by tweeting about the DOJ, but if Trump wasn't tweeting about how corrupt the DOJ is would the American people be aware of how big a problem there is there?

All the people who used their govt positions to unlawfully attack and spy on Trump have gotten off scot free. Trump supporters on the other hand haven't done so well.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 01:27:05 am »
I know a lot of people are uneasy about Trump making life tough for AG Barr by tweeting about the DOJ, but if Trump wasn't tweeting about how corrupt the DOJ is would the American people be aware of how big a problem there is there?

All the people who used their govt positions to unlawfully attack and spy on Trump have gotten off scot free. Trump supporters on the other hand haven't done so well.

I'm not really faulting Trump so much for the tweets, but faulting him picking Barr in the first place, and Sessions.  Here we sit.  No one has been held responsible. You are right -- no one except those who support Trump have been punished. What has Barr really done?  Not much that I can see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 02:06:58 am »
I'm not really faulting Trump so much for the tweets, but faulting him picking Barr in the first place, and Sessions.  Here we sit.  No one has been held responsible. You are right -- no one except those who support Trump have been punished. What has Barr really done?  Not much that I can see.

Was there a better candidate than Barr when Sessions flaked off?  Recall the times...people going to work for Trump were routinely destroyed, both by his enemies, and also his friends.  I never expected Barr to line people up at the Guillotine the week after he got the job, or even by now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 03:46:40 am »
Was there a better candidate than Barr when Sessions flaked off?  Recall the times...people going to work for Trump were routinely destroyed, both by his enemies, and also his friends.  I never expected Barr to line people up at the Guillotine the week after he got the job, or even by now.

I think Barr has a lot of really good qualities, but why hasn't he been cleaning house?

It's obvious that the DOJ is as corrupt as the FBI, CIA and State Dept. I know you can't fire everyone at once but heads should have been rolling by now.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 03:53:23 am »

I think the tweets are the only way he can reach the American people on a regular basis.

I keep hearing that Durham will have big "bombshells", but I'm beginning to doubt it. I see the bias of the judge and jury in the Stone case and I'm beginning to believe that Barr can't even get a DC grand jury to issue an indictment of McCabe. I like Barr. I think he's a straight shooter. The problem may be that DC itself is so corrupt that an AG looking to do the right thing can't get an indictment. If this is really the problem I don't think things can be fixed.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:48 am »
We are at war with these seditious pukes. No quarter should be given, and certainly no civility.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 04:05:25 am »
"One by one..."

Rather it'd be "side by each and none between..."    Time we get this party started.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 07:34:13 am »
"One by one..."

Rather it'd be "side by each and none between..."    Time we get this party started.
Yep. There should be a boom for defense attorneys going on in DC about now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis