Author Topic: Barr announces sweeping new sanctions, 'significant escalation' against left-wing sanctuary cities  (Read 490 times)

Offline EdinVA

Charging that so-called "sanctuary" cities that protect illegal immigrants are jeopardizing domestic security, Attorney General Bill Barr announced a slew of additional sanctions that he called a "significant escalation" against left-wing local and state governments that obstruct the "lawful functioning of our nation's immigration system."

Speaking at the National Sheriff’s Association 2020 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference in Washington, D.C.,
Barr said the Justice Department would immediately file multiple lawsuits against sanctuary jurisdictions for unconstitutionally interfering with federal immigration enforcement, and implement unprecedented national reviews of left-wing sanctuary governments and prosecutors.

"Let us state the reality upfront and as clearly as possible," Barr began. "When we are talking about sanctuary cities, we are talking about policies that are designed to allow criminal aliens to escape. These policies are not about people who came to our country illegally but have otherwise been peaceful and productive members of society.  Their express purpose is to shelter aliens whom local law enforcement has already arrested for other crimes.  This is neither lawful nor sensible."

The DOJ has now filed a federal complaint against the State of New Jersey seeking declaratory and injunctive relief "against its laws that forbid state and local law enforcement from sharing vital information about criminal aliens with DHS," Barr said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-announces-new-sanctuary-policies

Offline goatprairie

About time. It would give me great pleasure to see the  mayors of these benighted cities frog-marched in shackles to some wonderful federal facility.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 03:42:12 am by goatprairie »

Online DB

Where was Sessions all these years...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Haul the whole bloody lot in on Obstruction charges, for starters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I've said several times, Jeffrey is a perfect example of The "Peter Principle."

He was previously competent up to "Senator," butone level above at AG,, he was not competent.

Not to mention the Obama/ Coup d' Etat kept him pinned down thru the Mueller-Russia-Russia stage.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Jeff Sessions was a 'ghost employee'. He was a nothing. A ghost.
Nobody knows if he even showed up to work?
He gave all of his job to Rosenstein and then took off to the Bahamas...
Never to be seen or heard from again...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

He recused himself.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Excellent, cut this mofo weed off at the roots.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Polly Ticks

Glad to hear it.  I'll be even happier to see it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra