Author Topic: Man hunts down alleged hit-and-run driver after wife killed  (Read 651 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man hunts down alleged hit-and-run driver after wife killed
« on: February 10, 2020, 12:50:58 am »
Man hunts down alleged hit-and-run driver after wife killed
A California man who made it his mission to track down the hit-and-run driver who killed his wife and mother of their eight children led police to an 85-year-old suspect, who was arrested
By
The Associated Press
February 9, 2020, 12:45 PM

CORONA, Calif. -- A Southern California man who made it his mission to track down the hit-and-run driver who killed his wife and mother of their eight children led police to an 85-year-old suspect, who was arrested, authorities said.

Brenda Richardson died after a white Lexus struck her motorcycle last week in Corona, police said.

Her husband, Rod Richardson, told KNBC-TV that he decided to search for the car that hit his wife.

Read more at: https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-hunts-alleged-hit-run-driver-wife-killed-68862678

Offline Applewood

Re: Man hunts down alleged hit-and-run driver after wife killed
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 03:54:28 am »
I expect that, at age 85, the court will go easy on Mr. Isa. It's a sad situation all around.   Mr. Isa may have an age-related impairment and probably shouldn't have been driving.   But why did he flee the scene?  Perhaps he was afraid of being caught and more concerned about losing his license. 

But what do I know?  I get my best exercise jumping to conclusions.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 01:18:20 pm »
At east this man has closure, and his children the satisfaction and respect for him who hunted down and found the one who killed their mom. Prayers for the whole family in their grief, may their pain be relieved and their hearts be comforted.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 01:12:22 am »
This sort of thing just can't be tolerated!

If found guilty,I DEMAND they fine him $1 and give him 6 months probation unless it can be proven it was a genuine accident and the driver wasn't drunk,high,speeding,etc,etc,etc.

IF that is the case and it was a genuine unavoidable accident,we are pretty much left with sentencing him to Medi-Care.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:29:23 am »
This sort of thing just can't be tolerated!

If found guilty,I DEMAND they fine him $1 and give him 6 months probation unless it can be proven it was a genuine accident and the driver wasn't drunk,high,speeding,etc,etc,etc.

IF that is the case and it was a genuine unavoidable accident,we are pretty much left with sentencing him to Medi-Care.
It's the "and run" part that is a problem with me. An accident may be just that, an accident. Leaving the scene of one resulting in the death of the injured party is not kosher.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 01:32:26 am »
It's the "and run" part that is a problem with me. An accident may be just that, an accident. Leaving the scene of one resulting in the death of the injured party is not kosher.

@Smokin Joe

To me,it indicates drunk,high,and/or speeding/reckless driving. In other words,100 percent the fault of the driver.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 01:36:15 am »
@Smokin Joe

To me,it indicates drunk,high,and/or speeding/reckless driving. In other words,100 percent the fault of the driver.
The driver is 85. Not all are competent to drive by 85, although many are still. If alcohol or drugs are involved, pattycake is out of the question, even if a relatively short sentence would effectively be "life".
Those are factors for the courts to weigh.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 02:10:43 am »
The driver is 85. Not all are competent to drive by 85, although many are still. If alcohol or drugs are involved, pattycake is out of the question, even if a relatively short sentence would effectively be "life".
Those are factors for the courts to weigh.

@Smokin Joe    The HUSBAND seeking revenge/justice was 85.

I have no idea how old the hit and run driver was that ran over his wife.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 02:17:36 am »
@sneakypete

He called Corona police and officers arrested Tashiro Isa on suspicion of felony hit and run and vehicular manslaughter. It wasn't known Sunday if the 85-year-old Corona resident has an attorney.

Sounds to me like Mr. Isa is the suspected hit and run driver and he is 85 years old.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:48 am »
@Smokin Joe    The HUSBAND seeking revenge/justice was 85.

I have no idea how old the hit and run driver was that ran over his wife.
@sneakypete
A Southern California man who made it his mission to track down the hit-and-run driver who killed his wife and mother of their eight children led police to an 85-year-old suspect, who was arrested, authorities said.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:25 am »
@sneakypete

Sounds to me like Mr. Isa is the suspected hit and run driver and he is 85 years old.

@Applewood

You know what? You and everyone else is right on this one,and I am wrong.

My apologies to all. I need to take a break and relax before I post any more today.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 02:40:59 am »
@Applewood

I was right?  Amazing!  I haven't been right since 1969.  LOL

My apologies to all. I need to take a break and relax before I post any more today.

No need to apologize.   The way most news reports are written these days, one can interpret in a number of ways.  I think it's deliberate.  Back in the day, the writing was not so ambiguous. 

Good idea to get some rest.  Think I will do the same.  Good night.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 02:45:39 am »
@Applewood

Don't sweat it. Take a little break, we'll see you in a bit.

C S Lewis