Author Topic: Yale Says Fracking Causes Sexually-Transmitted Diseases  (Read 718 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yale Says Fracking Causes Sexually-Transmitted Diseases
« on: February 07, 2020, 02:25:51 pm »
Climate Change Dispatch by Josh Bloom on Feb 7, 2020

Researchers from the Yale School of Public Health published one of the dumbest papers we’ve ever seen.

They claim that some areas in which fracking takes place (Texas only) have more sexually transmitted diseases. Embarrassingly funny and, yes, “fracking” stupid.

It is difficult to describe how badly I wanted to include the terms “Fracking” and “F#####” in that title.

But I had a momentary lapse in poor taste, so I went with a tamer choice. Researchers at the Yale School of Public Health did not.

They risked ridicule by putting out one of the dumbest papers I’ve ever seen:

“A Multi-Region Analysis of Shale Drilling Activity and Rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States” N. Deziel, et. al., Sexually Transmitted Diseases, January 9, 2020, DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001

And, ridicule they shall have. Not my fault. They practically begged for it.

A. The claim

Here’s the premise: The rates of two sexually transmitted infections, gonorrhea, and chlamydia, were found to be 10% and 15%, respectively, higher in Texas counties where fracking took place compared to other counties where fracking wasn’t being done.

Is there anything to this? Let’s take a look (Hint: Other than a good laugh, no).

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/yale-fracking-sexually-transmitted-diseases/

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Yale Says Fracking Causes Sexually-Transmitted Diseases
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 02:36:55 pm »
Fracking idiots.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 02:42:45 pm »
This was done by Yale via a Grant from the NIH... yes, your tax dollars at work.
https://journals.lww.com/stdjournal/Abstract/publishahead/A_Multi_Region_Analysis_of_Shale_Drilling_Activity.97991.aspx

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »
There must be a lot of fracking going on near Yale, because these are the ravings of a syphilitic mind.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 04:32:48 pm »
What The Frack?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:33:54 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 06:26:51 pm »
I think they misspelled this, no?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:34:34 pm »
An Unobtanium Rush or any such boom/rush would have the same effects. Morons.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 11:40:58 pm »
Why does a manufacturer of padlocks think we care about what they think of STDs and Fracking?

Oh...wait.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 11:42:47 pm »
There must be a lot of fracking going on near Yale, because these are the ravings of a syphilitic mind.

That's "Tertiary Syphilis!"  (I learnt this from Mark Steyn on Tucker Carlson last night.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 11:44:23 pm »
Wow.  2nd time this week -- I have no words.     :rolling:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2020, 12:10:02 am »
Some of the stupidity masked under the guise of academia is pretty jaw dropping nowadays.

Who funds this shit?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 12:16:23 am »
Some of the stupidity masked under the guise of academia is pretty jaw dropping nowadays.

Who funds this shit?

You and I do, my friend, in one way or another.  With guns held to our heads.
I will NOT comply.

Offline darroll

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 12:31:39 am »
No,
It's caused by not washing their hands after they hug their camel..

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 12:54:47 am »
I think they are confusing Fracking with another activity that starts with F and ends in G, considering the failure of American public schools I can see that there would be a lack of vocabulary and critical thinking skills in supposed graduates of the system.......................NAH! I agree the answer is they are fracking idiots.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 04:34:54 am »
Maybe they think "fracking" was a typo?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2020, 04:49:58 am »
Maybe they think "fracking" was a typo?

The article was hilarious.  The numbnuts actually postulated that 3 of the 5 parameters (STDS) were lower in Fracking counties, but still reported this.  Yale must be really proud of this level of stupidity.  Also add another WTF point for the Dean who seemed to think this piece of art was worthy of the school's name.

Correlating absolutley two random unrelated hypotheses and variables  into ridiculous and unneccesary conclusions. 

As far as I am concerned this the more appropriate Yale on the building housing these bozos.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 01:47:52 pm »
Maybe they can do a study on how the number of idiots per capita increases with the geographical density of Starbucks'...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 01:56:51 pm »
Maybe they can do a study on how the number of idiots per capita increases with the geographical density of Starbucks'...

:amen: