Author Topic: Gaetz: Pelosi May Have Broken the Law in Ripping Up Speech  (Read 1380 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz: Pelosi May Have Broken the Law in Ripping Up Speech
« on: February 06, 2020, 03:01:12 pm »
Gaetz: Pelosi May Have Broken the Law in Ripping Up Speech
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Feb 06, 2020 7:30 AM

While Democrats are applauding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for ripping apart President Trump’ s State of the Union address Tuesday night, Republicans don't want to let her get away with the move. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) announced Wednesday that he is filing an ethics complaint against the speaker, while Rep. Paul Gosar said he is introducing a resolution to censure her. Others, meanwhile, called on her to resign.

“BREAKING: I’m filing an ethics complaint against @SpeakerPelosi for destroying @realDonaldTrump’s State of the Union speech,” Gaetz tweeted. “Her conduct was beneath the dignity of the House, and a potential violation of law (18 USC 2071). Nobody is above the law. She must be held accountable.”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/02/06/gaetz-files-ethics-complaint-against-pelosi-n2560865
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Gaetz: Pelosi May Have Broken the Law in Ripping Up Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 03:02:58 pm »
I just read about this!

In a perfect world, she would be prosecuted and jailed for her crime.

But alas........ the world is highly flawed, and Dems never receive the justice they deserve.....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 03:30:30 pm »
Rep. Matt Gaetz Filing Charges Against Pelosi For Ripping Up SOTU Address
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/06/matt-gaetz-charges-pelosi-ripping-sotu/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »
Gosar is the US Representative for Castillo del Cyber.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 04:43:16 pm »
I wish them every success!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »
I have no problem with opposing folks for political differences, but indicting them?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 08:05:35 pm »
I have no problem with opposing folks for political differences, but indicting them?

Look a the article again @Jazzhead. It is not the fact that she had a difference of opinion; that article specifically mentions that she may have violated 18 U.S. Code 2071 - which reads:

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 08:09:12 pm »
Look a the article again @Jazzhead. It is not the fact that she had a difference of opinion; that article specifically mentions that she may have violated 18 U.S. Code 2071 - which reads:

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.

In short, unlawful destruction of government property. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:12 pm »

Well, she does like to say no one is above the law (except for illegal immigrants). 

Good luck with enforcement.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 08:42:19 pm »

Who prosecutes such crimes?  The DOJ?? A Federal Court??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 08:45:03 pm »

Hubby and I were talking about that after the SOTU, wondering if Pelosi's temper tantrum were strictly speaking legal.  Interesting that it was not, but I can't believe that anything will actually come of it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:55:56 pm »
Look at it this way:  A senile old lady (Pelosi) just ripped up some paper.  She is also prone to lying without any provocation.  If this ever went to the SC, they would let her off with being too loony.  :cool:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 09:15:42 pm »
Who prosecutes such crimes?  The DOJ?? A Federal Court??
Yes, I would presume DoJ and a Federal court.  I really don't see this happening, but she should be censured for violating the rules of the House, which she definitely did with her antics all through the SOTU.  Since it's a Rat Congress, it will fail.  I really don't see the point in making Pelosi look mature by comparison.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 10:15:20 pm »
Yes, I would presume DoJ and a Federal court.  I really don't see this happening, but she should be censured for violating the rules of the House, which she definitely did with her antics all through the SOTU.  Since it's a Rat Congress, it will fail.  I really don't see the point in making Pelosi look mature by comparison.

Of course nothing will happen, but something inside me says it’s a good thing to try...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 10:22:37 pm »
Of course nothing will happen, but something inside me says it’s a good thing to try...

I don't think anything will happen either as the DEMS are above the law.  Why is that though?  The GOP has failed time and time again to get up off their butts and go after them.  The other problem lies with the DOJ itself.  Not quite sure about Barr -- but he needs to start doing his job and start indicting some people.  If he doesn't -- we need a new AG.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 10:22:45 pm »
Pelosi's  speech shredding stunt was a PR stunt.  It warrants more political retribution than legal. (IMO)

Let's focus the anger toward re-taking the House, and sitting her ugly ass back down to the floor as a Minority Leader.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 10:24:06 pm »

Someone doing the right thing is always a good thing to see. Too bad it's such a rarity in the halls of Congress.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 02:18:04 pm »

Be careful what you wish for.  Warren has already shouted from the rooftops her ambition to prosecute Trump administration officials.    This is how it's done in Venezuela, not the United States.  This is why I was never comfortable with Trump encouraging calls of "Lock her up" at his rallies. 

The comity that has characterized the American two party system for most of its existence is predicated on the peaceful transfer of power in accordance with the Peoples' wishes,  and the losing party's willingness to be a loyal opposition.  Those notions have, of course, been overturned in the Trump era,  but it is vital that we return to them.   I strongly oppose this new "tradition" of seeking to criminally punish one's defeated political opponents.   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 02:36:41 pm »
Be careful what you wish for.  Warren has already shouted from the rooftops her ambition to prosecute Trump administration officials.    This is how it's done in Venezuela, not the United States.  This is why I was never comfortable with Trump encouraging calls of "Lock her up" at his rallies. 

The comity that has characterized the American two party system for most of its existence is predicated on the peaceful transfer of power in accordance with the Peoples' wishes,  and the losing party's willingness to be a loyal opposition.  Those notions have, of course, been overturned in the Trump era,  but it is vital that we return to them.   I strongly oppose this new "tradition" of seeking to criminally punish one's defeated political opponents.

The Dems are willing to dig in and wait for the GOP to call for "comity" while continuing the tactics that have worked for them for decades.  I am not willing to return to that normal, because it means "Left always wins, Right always loses." 

It's like a game of chicken.  The Rats have always known the Pubbies would veer off, every time.  They still think that we will, and as long as they do then we need to keep somebody like Trump at the wheel.  Only when they realize they don't hold all the cards will they agree to any kind of fair "comity."  That is not the way it's heading here in 2020.  The Rats have declared open war now.  Surrender is not an option.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 03:34:56 pm »
@Cyber Liberty,  I am not suggesting we "surrender".   I am suggesting we step back from the abyss.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 04:01:02 pm »

I get your point.

There was a time when strength didn’t require vengeance....... and there is never a time when acting like a childish bully is appropriate...... no matter what the other guys have done.

I’m afraid, however, that post Trump the Republican Party can never return to the Reagan party of strength and civility.

Now ‘strength’ requires acting as infantile as the dems do.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 04:03:13 pm »
@Cyber Liberty,  I am not suggesting we "surrender".   I am suggesting we step back from the abyss.

Dems first.  They lit this fire.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 04:04:12 pm »
Dems first.  They lit this fire.

With that attitude we all burn to death.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 04:05:38 pm »

I’m afraid, however, that post Trump the Republican Party can never return to the Reagan party of strength and civility.

Now ‘strength’ requires acting as infantile as the dems do.

I am sorry.  I think things went south permanently the day the punk POTUS Barry Soetero made this quote in 2009....

“Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

Don't put the blame on Trump for that.  The dims took this to the gutter permanently.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.