Author Topic: Live Thread: State of the Union Address 2020  (Read 6503 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Live Thread: State of the Union Address 2020
« on: February 04, 2020, 07:00:42 pm »
The State of the Union Address is expected to take place at 9:00 p.m. EST and be televised on all major U.S. broadcast and cable television networks.

State of the Union
On February 4, President Donald J. Trump will deliver his third State of the Union Address.

Meet the 2020 State of the Union Guests
Special Guests for President Trump’s 3rd State of the Union Address

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sotu/
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:04:24 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread: State of the Union Address 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 07:39:02 pm »
Five Democrats to boycott Trump State of the Union address
By Cristina Marcos - 02/04/20 01:39 PM EST

Five House Democrats are boycotting President Trump's State of the Union address on Tuesday night on the eve of the expected Senate vote to acquit him in his impeachment trial.

All five Democrats — Reps. Al Green (Texas), Steve Cohen (Tenn.), Earl Blumenauer (Ore.), Hank Johnson (Ga.) and Frederica Wilson (Fla.) — have also opted against attending Trump's past annual addresses to Congress in recent years as an expression of protest against his presidency.

Green, one of the first and most ardent backers of impeaching Trump, said Tuesday that he will not be going this year either.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/481424-at-least-four-democrats-to-boycott-trump-state-of-the-union-address
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 07:40:31 pm »
Trump Excludes Shocked CNN From Traditional News Anchor Luncheon Before State of the Union
https://pjmedia.com/trending/trump-excludes-shocked-cnn-from-traditional-news-anchor-luncheon-before-state-of-the-union/
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 07:52:59 pm »
@mystery-ak

I don't think CNN was shocked Trump shut them out.  If one doesn't praise him, Trump will cause trouble for that person for the rest of his/her life.  He has done this his whole life. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 08:10:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 07:57:28 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 08:12:42 pm »
You bet your sweet bippy I’ll be listening tonight.

I think a pool question should be: Number of mentions of “best ever,” and “ greatest in American history,” will there be?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 08:16:20 pm »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 09:47:27 pm »
Bad news...AOC is boycotting tonight's address...sorry for the bad news
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 09:51:06 pm »
@mystery-ak

I don't think CNN was shocked Trump shut them out.  If one doesn't praise him, Trump will cause trouble for that person for the rest of his/her life.  He has done this his whole life.

More like they've caused trouble for him and he has every reason and every right to exclude them.  Also they don't report news, they give their opinion and report it as news.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 09:53:16 pm »

Oh know .... the night is ruined. /s    IF this is all that happens tonight from the DEMS, I will be very happy.  I'm expecting at the very least a rebuttal from Chuckie or Nancy, perhaps Warren ... I'm hoping that they don't show up and interrupt or Nancy changes her mind and says that he's no longer welcome to give the State of the Union from House chambers.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 09:57:32 pm »

Frederica's boycotting, too.  I would not recognize her without the stupid hat anyway....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 10:14:29 pm »
Frederica's boycotting, too.  I would not recognize her without the stupid hat anyway....

Frederica? Who is he or she?  Did I miss one of the bat crap crazy liberal leftist mental midgets?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 10:17:08 pm »
Frederica? Who is he or she?  Did I miss one of the bat crap crazy liberal leftist mental midgets?

Frederica Willson (D-Floriduh)

I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 10:19:28 pm »
   You think Sheila Jackson Lee will get an isle seat?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 10:22:01 pm »
Frederica Willson (D-Floriduh)

Ok then ... she be stylin'!!!  Hopefully Auntie Maxine will be sitting it out with her.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 10:28:40 pm »
   You think Sheila Jackson Lee will get an isle seat?

Is the bear Catholic?
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 10:39:57 pm »
Know it's silly, but wishing that Rush and Catherine Limbaugh could be sitting next to Melania tonight.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 10:53:01 pm »
John Santucci
@Santucci
·
7m
New - Rush Limbaugh expected to attend SOTU tonight after receiving invitation from the President  - @KFaulders
 & me - more @ABC

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 10:54:40 pm »
Know it's silly, but wishing that Rush and Catherine Limbaugh could be sitting next to Melania tonight.

No, not silly.  I'm sure Rush will be watching the State of the Union from wherever he is.  Keep praying for Rush, our President and our Country!!  :0001: :0001:

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:03 pm »

BOOM! :yowsa:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:25 pm »

John Santucci
@Santucci
·
7m
New - Rush Limbaugh expected to attend SOTU tonight after receiving invitation from the President  - @KFaulders
 & me - more @ABC

@DCPatriot  There you go....
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:39 pm »
You bet your sweet bippy I’ll be listening tonight.

I think a pool question should be: Number of mentions of “best ever,” and “ greatest in American history,” will there be?

@aligncare

With any luck at all,several Dim geezers will stroke out while he is giving his speech,even though he is sure to moderate his views and reach a hand out in friendship and reconciliation to the suffering Dims.

Or maybe just fart in their general direction after telling them,"THIS is what I think of the Dim Party,and the buffoons and criminals that inhabit it!",and get a standing ovation from one side of the room,and most of the people watching it on teebee at home.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:58:38 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2020, 11:02:44 pm »
And I see Trump is going to award Rush with the Medal of Freedom. ..."in the coming months."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2020, 11:03:34 pm »
Sheila Jackson Lee
@JacksonLeeTX18
·
29m
#SOTU
 in our Suffragette White.
We wear white to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the #19thAmendment
@TheBlackCaucus
 â€” @HouseDemocrats

Support the USO