Author Topic: NOW, NY Times Touts Romney As a Man of the People (Forget Their Sliming in 2012)  (Read 193 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Tim Graham | January 31, 2020 11:28 AM EST

On Friday, The New York Times wrote one of those Strange New Respect pieces for Mitt Romney headlined "Mitt Romney, a Man Alone." Times political writer Mark Leibovich touted how Romney "drew big press scrums" as the liberal hope for extending the impeachment trial.

It "places upon Mr. Romney a level of curiosity that goes beyond the quasi-celebrity treatment he already receives as the last pre-Trump standard-bearer of a Republican Party that feels about 80 years removed from the party that nominated him eight years ago."

Eight years ago, Leibovich and the Times were merciless in ripping Romney as an entitled elitist who was cruel to his dog. But now? He inspires "nostalgia."

Mr. Romney has also become a magnet for nostalgia lately — at least among Democrats. “He is a decent, honorable man,” former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said in a recent interview of Mr. Romney. Mr. Biden conceded that it was unlikely that he would be running for president right now if it were Mr. Romney seeking re-election, not Mr. Trump.

“I think this is Senator Romney’s moment to shine,” said Senator Amy Klobuchar...

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2020/01/31/now-ny-times-touts-romney-man-people-forget-their-sliming-2012
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

You don't say? The Times said that?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oil of Ipecac for the brain.   :3:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Notice that the Bidens are all sappy over Mittens.  Gee -- the Burisma clan needs to stick together!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am thinking about applying for a new job.  Just throwing this out there to see what people think.  I had this great idea the I would put in my cover letter

M_________GA.  Make (whatever company name) Great Again.  What do you think?

That's an interesting idea.  I think your interview would go rather quickly, one way or another.   :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Eight years ago, Leibovich and the Times were merciless in ripping Romney as an entitled elitist who was cruel to his dog. But now? He inspires "nostalgia."
They don't even care that we will remember stuff like this. The NYT, like the rest of the propaganda media, believes we're all too stupid to notice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LottieDah

Is this the same Romeny that was called a Nazi and a racist?  Times sure do change.  The Old Grey Lady definitely has dementia.

Online andy58-in-nh

And this year's award for "Strange New Respect" goes to....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn