Author Topic: Democrats are about to go through hell now that the Senate trial is over  (Read 378 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats are about to go through hell now that the Senate trial is over
by Eddie Scarry
 | January 31, 2020 10:48 PM

Now that the Senate trial is over, I hope Democrats have plenty of water and aspirin in preparation for the raging impeachment headache they're about to endure.

Senate Republicans voted Friday not to admit any additional witnesses or evidence, the right thing to do in this ridiculous impeachment process, effectively ending our national nightmare, wherein we were expected to be absolutely outraged that President Trump asked Ukraine to investigate a matter that journalists in the United States themselves have been investigating.

All that's left to do is vote to either convict or acquit, and it looks a lot like acquittal.

I suspect that, when Democratic voters asked for impeachment, they weren't thinking of a scenario wherein Trump remains in office.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/democrats-are-about-to-go-through-hell-now-that-the-senate-trial-is-over
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Democrats are about to go through hell now that the Senate trial is over
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 04:09:40 pm »
If Wednesday's vote goes as expected, it and the no-more-witnesses votes will have cleared the Dems' logjam preventing committee and floor votes on Trump judicial appointees. If W'pedia's list of Trump appointees, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_judges_appointed_by_Donald_Trump , is up to date, there are 21 district court appointees pending, plus several each to the Courts of Federal Claims, Tax Court, and Veterans Claims.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:10:38 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 12:19:50 am »
"Now that the Senate trial is over"

It's not over yet.
What was it that Yogi said?

Expect at least one more "leftist blue bombshell" attempt before Wednesday...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 12:23:53 am »

It's not over yet.

At least one more.  What the heck was Turtle thinking by allowing a Wednesday time frame?  Idiot.  To me that just smells like trouble that's already in the works and that he's agreed to. Can't trust him.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 02:45:42 am »
At least one more.  What the heck was Turtle thinking by allowing a Wednesday time frame?  Idiot.  To me that just smells like trouble that's already in the works and that he's agreed to. Can't trust him.
Right. It ain't over till it's over.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:52:07 am »

'Idiot' is right. Who doesn't think the rats & rat media will gin up some more BS in the meantime? All he's done is not only put the president in the crosshairs for three more days put he's put GOP senate seats in jeopardy.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 03:12:46 am »
That the MSM and Dems will try at least one more Kavanaughing I think likely. I would expect it no earlier than Monday AM, though, as the Superbowl is likely to be the focus of attention for many people. So I think the most likely time window will be Monday AM through Tuesday PM before the SOTU speech.

My speculations plus $5 will get you a latte' and change at Starchucks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 03:13:29 am »
'Idiot' is right. Who doesn't think the rats & rat media will gin up some more BS in the meantime? All he's done is not only put the president in the crosshairs for three more days put he's put GOP senate seats in jeopardy.

What is troublesome is the Turtle has made 'deals' with Chuckie before. It all depends on what he'll get or thinks he'll get out of of this.  You are right and you can't tell me that he didn't know what this would mean for the President and the GOP senate seats; especially Murkowski.  What is the Turtle himself going to gain?

Unless I've missed it, what seems unusual is Trump himself has been very quiet.  IMHO not a good sign.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 03:25:05 am »

It's not over yet.

At least. Maybe  Deacon Jeff Flake claims he saw Trump attempting to mate with a mongoose back in his old az

Or Evan McMuffin assures Congress that he served in the CIA, and has some bad stuff on Trump.

...and the list goes on. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 03:32:27 am »
Right. It ain't over till it's over.

We have a baseball and a Catcher's mitt with that inscription.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 03:45:04 am »
What is troublesome is the Turtle has made 'deals' with Chuckie before. It all depends on what he'll get or thinks he'll get out of of this.  You are right and you can't tell me that he didn't know what this would mean for the President and the GOP senate seats; especially Murkowski.  What is the Turtle himself going to gain?

Unless I've missed it, what seems unusual is Trump himself has been very quiet.  IMHO not a good sign.
Not to point out the obvious, but turtles live in swamps, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 05:52:37 am »

@libertybele

McConnell was pushing for a vote Friday or Saturday, but he didn't have the votes within the GOP caucus to make it happen that quickly, so it had to be extended.

He's got a very slim margin, which means he's got to walk a tightrope to get to the desired end without losing too many votes along the way.  But certain people were convinced he'd cave on Kavanaugh...and he didn't.  They thought he'd cave on witnesses, and he didn't.  Maybe we ought to see how this thing ends up before assuming he's truly in cahoots with the Democrats.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 06:39:50 am »
@libertybele

McConnell was pushing for a vote Friday or Saturday, but he didn't have the votes within the GOP caucus to make it happen that quickly, so it had to be extended.

He's got a very slim margin, which means he's got to walk a tightrope to get to the desired end without losing too many votes along the way.  But certain people were convinced he'd cave on Kavanaugh...and he didn't.  They thought he'd cave on witnesses, and he didn't.  Maybe we ought to see how this thing ends up before assuming he's truly in cahoots with the Democrats.

While they were running around the floor negotiating during the break, the announcer on Cspan said that they had heard that the Defense team wanted more time to prepare their final arguments. That sounds plausible to me, so maybe that’s why McConnel extended them til Monday.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 06:50:29 am »
While they were running around the floor negotiating during the break, the announcer on Cspan said that they had heard that the Defense team wanted more time to prepare their final arguments. That sounds plausible to me, so maybe that’s why McConnel extended them til Monday.

I am sure it is a negotiated schedule.
I am sure it is in part to avoid Superbowl festivities.
I am sure in part it was to avoid accusations of burying the vote in the weekend.
I am sure in part it was to prevent Tumpy's victory lap at SOTU, saving dems what little face they can..
And to some degree, normal seepage in Senate scheduling.

But I bet you can guess which of the above was more pressing. :D

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 04:32:37 pm »
   I'll take Victory Lap for $1000, Alex
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 04:51:20 pm »

I suspect that, when Democratic voters asked for impeachment, they weren't thinking of a scenario wherein Trump remains in office.

@mystery-ak

Good thing for them that Trump isn't the vindictive type that would try to get even with them,ain't it? It's one of the qualities about him that I admire the most.

MOST people in his position might even go on tv and boast about how "The Dims are so inept they try to convict an innocent man of crimes so they can remove him from office because they KNOW they can't beat him in a fair election,and they can't even pull that off!" because you can bet your bippy that Trump is going to brag about beating the charges,and add the word "crooked" to more names than just Hillary.

Trump just ain't the type of man that would brag when his enemy is down,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2020, 05:01:09 pm »

It's not over yet.

@Fishrrman

I hope so. That will convince even the casual voters that the Dims are so desperate they are making stuff up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2020, 05:04:27 pm »
@libertybele

@Maj. Bill Martin

And maybe he is just giving the Dims more rope to hang themselves with? The "other guy" can't put his foot in his mouth if you don't allow him to open his mouth.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2020, 05:12:13 pm »
@libertybele

Anyone who thinks that there aren't plenty of Republican Senators who greatly resent the fact that Donald John Trump is currently President of the United States is delusional!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:55 pm »
Anyone who thinks that there aren't plenty of Republican Senators who greatly resent the fact that Donald John Trump is currently President of the United States is delusional!

Senators always resent the President.  My  observation applies:  The senate is composed of 100 people who all think they should be President, and one person who actually can.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: