Author Topic: How Not to Impeach a President  (Read 154 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Not to Impeach a President
« on: February 01, 2020, 03:00:29 pm »
 How Not to Impeach a President
Arrogance and incompetence were all the spiteful Dems had to offer.

by George Parry
February 1, 2020, 1:46 AM

With the 51 to 49 vote not to call witnesses, the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump is on track to an acquittal. And so the Trump impeachment saga is coming to an end not with a bang but a whine. “We wuz robbed!” shriek the foot-stomping Democrats as they repeat their poll-tested mantra that the trial was rigged because no witnesses were called to testify. Consequently, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has decreed that the president will remain impeached forever, and his presidency and all that flows from it will be deemed unclean and illegitimate.

Obviously, this latest failed effort to depose Trump has left the Democrats frustrated, bitterly disappointed and, quite possibly, wondering how their sure-fire impeachment gambit turned into such a political train wreck. Though the Democrats never believed that they could actually remove Trump from office, when they launched the impeachment proceedings, they and their wholly-owned mainstream media adjunct anticipated that there would be bilateral support in the House for impeachment which would cause the president material political damage. Instead, there was bilateral opposition to impeachment as all House Republicans and a handful of Democrats  voted not to charge the president. And now the Senate Republicans — and possibly a handful of Democrat senators — are poised to acquit Trump. How, the Democrats may ask, did things go so wrong?

On this last point, maybe I can help explain why the impeachment became an unmitigated, self-defeating mess. Having spent almost fifty years as a grunt-level, in-the-trenches prosecutor and courtroom lawyer, as events unfolded, I spotted a number of glaring case prep and trial errors by the House Democrats.

more
https://spectator.org/how-not-to-impeach-a-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: How Not to Impeach a President
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 03:06:24 pm »
Since it was a total party line affair hopefully this impeachment crap will succeed in energizing the right, disgusting fair minded democrats and demoralizing rat fanatics in time for the coming elections.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 03:53:53 pm »
Since it was a total party line affair hopefully this impeachment crap will succeed in energizing the right, disgusting fair minded democrats and demoralizing rat fanatics in time for the coming elections.

The Rats will probably pay for this in November, and I can't understand why a seasoned Pol like Pelosi didn't think there would be a comeuppance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:58:47 pm »
Were US academia not in-the-tank fellating Prog Dems, this shampeachment would be a business-school-case-study for law schools in how to F up badly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 04:20:01 pm »
@mystery-ak
What a great piece. Pretty much sums it all up. Once you could mention the "Evil Party" and the "Stupid Party" and know which was being referred to.

"Jerry, Jerry, Jerry..."  22222frying pan

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/30/adam-schiff-stop-jerry-nadler-historic-impeachment-trial-moment/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 04:26:58 pm »
The Rats will probably pay for this in November, and I can't understand why a seasoned Pol like Pelosi didn't think there would be a comeuppance.

:0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien