Author Topic: ICE Says It Will Deport Dreamers. Will the Supreme Court Let It? | Opinion  (Read 165 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Newsweek by Alida Garcia 1/30/2020

ou know that nightmare where you see an accident about to happen in slow motion, but no matter how loudly you scream, you can't stop it? That is how it feels watching our three branches of government refuse to take the wheel and protect the lives of the 700,000 Dreamers who are shielded from deportation by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. President Donald Trump set us on this disaster course, forcing the Supreme Court into the driver's seat. Will the justices put their foot on the brake to stop the wreck?

DACA has been wildly successful for eight years, allowing these Dreamers—undocumented young people who came to the country as children—to live, work and contribute to the country they call home. The Supreme Court heard oral arguments last November about the Trump administration's repeal of DACA. Due to injunctions by multiple lower courts, DACA renewals remain in place for now. A decision from the Supreme Court could come as early as next month.

If DACA is terminated, hundreds of thousands of young people will be forced out of their jobs and put at grave risk of deportation to countries most of them don't remember. Unfortunately, the Supreme Court doesn't seem to understand the devastation its decision may set it motion.

More: https://www.newsweek.com/ice-says-it-will-deport-dreamers-will-supreme-court-let-it-opinion-1484875

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Why the Supreme Court? We have learned over the past 3 years that any Federal Judge anywhere can block complete national immigration policy, even if they are in the backwater Hawaii. For the life of I cannot imagine why this is legal, or who in the world made this law and thought it was a good idea, but we have seen it time and time again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Ms Garcia’s nightmare, my dream come true.