Author Topic: UK: Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account suspended  (Read 300 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
UK: Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account suspended
« on: January 30, 2020, 09:14:20 pm »
Her twitter does appear to be inactive without saying "Suspended" or something like that.
https://twitter.com/KTHopkins
Katie Hopkins' Twitter account suspended
@lizziedearden

Far-right commentator Katie Hopkins has been suspended from Twitter following calls for the social network to carry out a “full review” of her account.

Campaigners had accused her of spreading hate on the platform, where several of her tweets have been shared by Donald Trump, the US president.

Ms Hopkins’ account has more than one million followers, having survived a series of Twitter takedowns targeting activists including Tommy Robinson and the far-right group Britain First.

Read more at: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/katie-hopkins-twitter-suspended-deleted-review-a9309351.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1580382853

British woman, I like a lot of what she says. I have not seen anything too offensive for me ever but I have read about other things she has said and that is largely before I started following her. Also, some of what she says might be a kind of comedy. I'm not real aware of her, others have said, "oh she didn't pay taxes and declared bankruptcy" or something like that.

This might be a bit like James Wood, I don't think I saw too much really bad he said. Was he banned or effectively banned for when he was saying "High Heels Harris" about Kamala Harris?  That's how it appears to me.

Yes, I read most of the article, take this:
In 2017, Ms Hopkins left her job at the LBC radio station after posting a tweet calling for a “final solution” in the wake of the Manchester Arena bombing.

People can get emotional but it would be unacceptable to say something like publicly as a tweet is.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:16:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: UK: Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account suspended
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 09:57:43 pm »
same method, calling her "far right."

exactly like they call Trump, by names. Same for Boris Johnson, by the way.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

Re: UK: Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account suspended
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:18:59 pm »
I following her on Twitter. She Is clever, conservative and funny. Twitter  is reprehensible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org