Author Topic: Mitt Romney: The Dumbest Smart Person?  (Read 132 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney: The Dumbest Smart Person?
« on: January 30, 2020, 03:00:28 pm »
January 30, 2020
Mitt Romney: The Dumbest Smart Person?
By Mark Anderson

There's a great line from the movie I, Robot that often springs to mind when it comes to politicians.  Will Smith plays a cop, and he is the only one in the city to realize there's a problem with the newest line of robots, which have already killed at least one person — despite hardwired programming to the contrary.  In the scene, he's confronting one of their design scientists, who is brilliant but willfully blind to the obvious problems.  He yells, "You are the dumbest smart person I know!"

"Dumbest smart person" should be engraved on an award.  Mitt Romney and the three other Republicans considering calling witnesses in President Trump's impeachment trial would be the final four.

Clearly, Romney, Collins, Murkowski, and Alexander are all smart people.  They're successful.  They've managed to get elected to the Senate.  Romney himself is a near-billionaire in his own right.  But they are willfully blind to the obvious-to-everyone-else tactics of the Democrats.

Romney especially — as a businessman — should know better.  He should know that insiders can become blind to problems that someone from outside the system can see clearly.  That's the entire point of business consultants.  Romney himself was a consultant.  And yet, now that he's a Washington insider, he appears to have forgotten what he once knew about strategy.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/01/mitt_romney_the_dumbest_smart_person.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Mitt Romney: The Dumbest Smart Person?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 03:27:02 pm »
I believe these 'smart' senators are captive to the beltway narrative. They are among those dwindling readers of the NYT, believe things are still as they were in the good ol days of Tip O'Neil and, since they're senior political types, they still think of the new media as the non-relevant fringe.

They will find out differently, but how much damage will they do before they learn that lesson?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:27:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Mitt Romney: The Dumbest Smart Person?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 03:39:36 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien