Author Topic: Italian cruise ship quarantined with thousands aboard due to possible coronavirus  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Italian cruise ship quarantined with thousands aboard due to possible coronavirus
By John Bowden - 01/30/20 09:42 AM EST

Thousands of passengers are being kept in quarantine aboard an Italian cruise liner after a 56-year-old woman began showing signs of contracting the coronavirus.

ABC 7 reported Thursday that as many as 6,000 people remain aboard the Costa Smeralda vessel, currently sitting about 35 miles off the coast of Rome. The woman and her husband are originally from Macao, an autonomous region off the coast of China's mainland.

The woman has submitted samples for testing, and health officials are reportedly waiting for confirmation of her symptoms. After coming down with a fever, she and her husband were placed in isolation. Other members of the cruise will have to wait on board until the test results are returned, which is due to happen this afternoon.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/480652-italian-cruise-ship-quarantined-with-thousands-aboard-due-to-possible
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Someone tell me again about the positives of being stuck in a giant can in the middle of an ocean?

Offline LadyLiberty

Someone tell me again about the positives of being stuck in a giant can in the middle of an ocean?
J

Giant can is an inadequate description.  It's a giant petri dish.