Author Topic: McConnell says GOP lacks votes to block impeachment witnesses, as Bolton book throws trial script in  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
When has McConnell not supported Cruz in his races?

If you don't want to think that the sexual allegations had any impact on how McConnell viewed Moore, I suppose that's your prerogative.  But the facts say differently.  McConnell supported the GOP incumbent, Strange, as he always does, in the primary.  But after Moore won the primary in September, McConnell supporter Moore for the Senate race.   He didn't turn on Moore until the sexual allegations broke in November.

And you don't think the Rats timed that allegation against Moore so it would be too late to replace him on the ballot?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When has McConnell not supported Cruz in his races?

If you don't want to think that the sexual allegations had any impact on how McConnell viewed Moore, I suppose that's your prerogative.  But the facts say differently.  McConnell supported the GOP incumbent, Strange, as he always does, in the primary.  But after Moore won the primary in September, McConnell supporter Moore for the Senate race.   He didn't turn on Moore until the sexual allegations broke in November.

The Swamp playbook is well known and getting worn out.  Herman Cain, Roy Moore, and several others have been given the exact same treatment.  You call it whatever you like and I'll call it the Swamp overruling the voters.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Swamp playbook is well known and getting worn out.  Herman Cain, Roy Moore, and several others have been given the exact same treatment.  You call it whatever you like and I'll call it the Swamp overruling the voters.

I just call them what they are:  Dirty tricks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Joe Miller, GOP Alaska primary winner. Thanks to GOP leadership we got write in Lisa Murkowski instead.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:17:04 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Joe Miller, GOP primary winner. Thanks to GOP leadership we got write in Lisa Murkowski instead.

McConnell took great pride in that.  He boasted that he personally killed the TEA Party.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

McConnell took great pride in that.  He boasted that he personally killed the TEA Party.

That particular intervention has caused a whole lotta damage. Mitch has a lot to make up for.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It has absolutely nothing to do with Moore being a "rogue conservative."  It had to do with the sexual allegations against Moore.

McConnell is as savvy a politician as exists.  He judged that the blowback to the GOP nationally for having someone with those kind of allegations against him in the Senate was not worth the single extra vote Moore would provide.  You can hate him for that, but he didn't do it because he hates conservatives.

Agreed.  McConnell supports plenty of conservatives.   IMO he is the best GOP majority leader of my lifetime.  Gorsuch on the SCOTUS is exhibit #1 of his doggedness and how it has advanced the conservative cause.   Just this week Gorsuch spoke with eloquence against nationwide injunctions by lower courts that have stymied the President.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Joe Miller, GOP Alaska primary winner. Thanks to GOP leadership we got write in Lisa Murkowski instead.

:yowsa:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That particular intervention has caused a whole lotta damage. Mitch has a lot to make up for.

Indeed he does!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Indeed he does!

He's chosen wisely to get new Judges on the bench, so he's "teachable."  For a while.  He needs to keep going to the chalkboard.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It has absolutely nothing to do with Moore being a "rogue conservative."

No it didn't.  It had absolutely everything to do with McConnell withholding funds because the guy he wanted lost toe GOP nomination to Judge Moore.

Because that's what Mitch does when one of "his guys" is either challenged or defeated. 

It had to do with the sexual allegations against Moore.

You mean the ones that two former Obama's staffers ginned up and spread al over the internet?

McConnell is as savvy a politician as exists.  He judged that the blowback to the GOP nationally for having someone with those kind of allegations against him in the Senate was not worth the single extra vote Moore would provide.  You can hate him for that, but he didn't do it because he hates conservatives.

McConnell is an opportunist.  Nothing savvy about him.  He's done nothing but politics since he graduated from UofL Law School in 1964.  It's all about power and the retention of power with him.  He's not interested in the TEA Party and real Conservatives anymore than he was really truly interested in repealing Obama care "root and branch" if the Republicans had the majority in the Senate again. 

There have been calls by Senate conservatives going back 6 years to replace him...before Trump took office because of the backroom games he plays and how he lies to his own members in the Senate.

Ted Cruz called him out for being a liar.  Mitch didn't want Moore's vote because he doesn't want Conservative/TEA Party types in the Senate.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He took great pride in slandering and smearing Chris McDaniel as a racist (he's not and wasn't) when McDaniel challenged Thad Cochran for his senate seat a few years back.  Mitch poured a lot of NRSC money into that campaign...to include the robo calls claiming McDaniel was a racist.

Mitch also used his favorite strong arm tactic of threatening any ad agency or political consultants who worked with McDaniel of never getting anymore business from the GOP if they did.  Same as he did against Bevin in Kentucky.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No it didn't.  It had absolutely everything to do with McConnell withholding funds because the guy he wanted lost toe GOP nomination to Judge Moore.

Because that's what Mitch does when one of "his guys" is either challenged or defeated. 

You mean the ones that two former Obama's staffers ginned up and spread al over the internet?

McConnell is an opportunist.  Nothing savvy about him.  He's done nothing but politics since he graduated from UofL Law School in 1964.  It's all about power and the retention of power with him.  He's not interested in the TEA Party and real Conservatives anymore than he was really truly interested in repealing Obama care "root and branch" if the Republicans had the majority in the Senate again. 

There have been calls by Senate conservatives going back 6 years to replace him...before Trump took office because of the backroom games he plays and how he lies to his own members in the Senate.

Ted Cruz called him out for being a liar.  Mitch didn't want Moore's vote because he doesn't want Conservative/TEA Party types in the Senate.

Absolutely right on all counts!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He's chosen wisely to get new Judges on the bench, so he's "teachable."  For a while.  He needs to keep going to the chalkboard.

Teachable or buyable???

Don't forget that Trump gave his wife a high-level job in his administration.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He took great pride in slandering and smearing Chris McDaniel as a racist (he's not and wasn't) when McDaniel challenged Thad Cochran for his senate seat a few years back.  Mitch poured a lot of NRSC money into that campaign...to include the robo calls claiming McDaniel was a racist.

Mitch also used his favorite strong arm tactic of threatening any ad agency or political consultants who worked with McDaniel of never getting anymore business from the GOP if they did.  Same as he did against Bevin in Kentucky.

Welcome to Kentucky politics, my friend.  You have your work cut out for you.  I really do feel for you, and you know it. wink777
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Welcome to Kentucky politics, my friend.  You have your work cut out for you.  I really do feel for you, and you know it. wink777

Yeah you're in the same boat pretty much out in Arizona.

It's almost enough to make me want to get into state politics in the Commonwealth when I retire.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

It's almost enough to make me want to get into state politics in the Commonwealth when I retire.

I did that.  Good luck if you should decide to do it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

One of the first things the Missus and I did when we moved into the Castle was to get involved in the local Party.  We got ourselves appointed Precinct Committeemen, and pitched in to get a Special Election Prop passed. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
McConnell did OK in 2009 - he recognized that the childish 0bama desperately wanted obamacare to be bipartisan so he strung him along for as long as possible, got the mess watered down, then pulled the rug out, all the while running out the clock on other parts of the wacko agenda like cap and trade. Things could have been a lot worse (and would have been if the dimwitted, lazy 0bama had lost to Clinton).
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

He saw it as a threat to the alleged Republican Party. I only wish he had been right.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

IMNSHO,THAT is where the rubber really meets the road. No single thing any President or Party Leader can do  is more important or will have more lasting results.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

McConnell is an opportunist.  Nothing savvy about him. 

@txradioguy

Isn't that just another way of saying he is a professional politician?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Isn't that just another way of saying he is a professional politician?

Yeah that's another way of describing what he is.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's water over the dam because the  President has reverted to idiot mode and directly challenged Bolton as a liar, and a dangerous loon out to start World War Six.   As always,  Trump shoots from the hip and becomes his own worst enemy.   If Trump had merely confirmed that he had vigorous conversations with his advisors about Ukrainian corruption and whether the aid should be delayed while the Ukrainians were sounded out on the subject,  but ultimately that the aid was released without preconditions,  then the need for Bolton to testify would have gone away.   But instead he's challenging GOP Senators to either believe him or Bolton.  And many have known and respected  Bolton for years.

It's madness, @Maj. Bill Martin.   As soon as Trump seems to be emerging from the muck, he dives right back in.  Now he's forcing GOP Senators - folks poised to SUPPORT him - to join in his quest to smear John Bolton.   Well at least some of 'em are going to respond that we need to hear from Bolton.   Trump steps in it,  yet again.   *****rollingeyes*****

Really good post @Jazzhead

Offline roamer_1

How do you think we got Doug Jones... the snake withheld funds for Roy and all but actively campaigned for him. He loves having the power and didn't want another rogue real conservative to deal with.

Now we have a democrat that has said several things about the testimony is credible against Trump even though the state is solidly behind Trump.

BUMP THAT!