Author Topic: McConnell says GOP lacks votes to block impeachment witnesses, as Bolton book throws trial script in  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Absalom

McConnell says GOP lacks votes to block impeachment witnesses, as Bolton book throws trial script into doubt
By Marisa Schultz | Fox News
The White House's plans for a speedy trial were thrown into doubt with Senate Republicans on Tuesday floating competing proposals on how to deal with new explosive revelations from ex-national security adviser John Bolton that have the potential to blow up the impeachment trial -- and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell telling Republicans he doesn’t have enough votes to block the calling of impeachment witnesses.
GOP senators were all over the map on Tuesday as President Trump's defense team called Bolton’s manuscript “inadmissible” and warned against opening the door to new wild-card information in the ongoing impeachment trial.
A source with knowledge of McConnell's comments confirmed to Fox Business that the Kentucky Republican told people in a private meeting Tuesday that they do not have the votes to block impeachment witnesses. The Wall Street Journal first reported the comments.
-------------------------
A query.
Why are outdated/discredited/false stories posted again and again and again, relentlessly???????

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
-------------------------
A query.
Why are outdated/discredited/false stories posted again and again and again, relentlessly???????

Where are these other threads of which you speak?  This one has been running continuously since the headline was accurate, and I'm not changing it.  I'd rather let the thread die.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

This Thread may not have outlived it's usefulness, lets turn it into a Kobe memorial. I'll start

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's really some bullsh*t on his part when you think about it. He's the damn majority leader and he wants us to believe he can't get his own people in line to prevent the Dems from getting in the Senate what they refused to do in the House?

See I'm not fine with witnesses. That was supposed to be done during the House phase. But they were in such a rush because you know..."this had to be done now!" according to the Dems. They are trying to get "evidence" in through the back door they couldn't through the front. This is a win at any costs move by the Dems and Mitch and the Republicans need to stop it now before it gets any farther. This has to be one of those "trigger points" that McConnell put into the ground rules to shut this whole thing down.

Seriously?

Did you think the bid'ness as usual crowd in the GOP likes having Trump in there. Their little pocket lining scams are just under the scum on that pond. If he skims too deep, they will be exposed, too.

It's why NOTHING came out of Congress during the first two years of this administration except more debt.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Where are these other threads of which you speak?  This one has been running continuously since the headline was accurate, and I'm not changing it.  I'd rather let the thread die.

You mean it's not the mods' job to review every old thread and update their subjects to reflect current status of their topics? Then what do you guys DO all day???
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You mean it's not the mods' job to review every old thread and update their subjects to reflect current status of their topics? Then what do you guys DO all day???

We sit around in the Mod Room, picking out random targets for edits, deletions and bannings.   wink777
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

We sit around in the Mod Room, picking out random targets for edits, deletions and bannings.   wink777

@Cyber Liberty

Ah,HAH! I new it! Weeze watch-in yew!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

Is it true that there is a 'We Hate #Nevers' sign on the wall in the Mod Room?  @Cyber Liberty Enquiring minds want to know.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
   Is it true that there is a 'We Hate #Nevers' sign on the wall in the Mod Room?  @Cyber Liberty Enquiring minds want to know.

Close, but no ceegar.  It's "We hate #Bleeps."   333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Seriously?

Did you think the bid'ness as usual crowd in the GOP likes having Trump in there. Their little pocket lining scams are just under the scum on that pond. If he skims too deep, they will be exposed, too.

It's why NOTHING came out of Congress during the first two years of this administration except more debt.

Oh I know...but it still pisses me off.  I'm honestly surprised now that it's ver that McConnell didn't cave.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dfwgator

Oh I know...but it still pisses me off.  I'm honestly surprised now that it's ver that McConnell didn't cave.

It's not over, yet.  A lot can happen in the next few days.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm sure of that.  There will be some fake "bombshell" stories from the Lamestream Media, designed to pressure Republicans to open the door for witlesses.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

I'm sure of that.  There will be some fake "bombshell" stories from the Lamestream Media, designed to pressure Republicans to open the door for witlesses.

Isn't that door is shut now? For the next few days the rat media'll have bombshells to humiliate GOP senators - taking the senate is the big prize. Still I can't imagine why anyone would agree to delay ending this farce yesterday.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Isn't that door is shut now? For the next few days the rat media'll have bombshells to humiliate GOP senators - taking the senate is the big prize. Still I can't imagine why anyone would agree to delay ending this farce yesterday.

Schumer can make Motions to his heart's content in the next few days.  Motions that have to have the votes Whipped and cast.  They might go down 51-49 like yesterday, or some fresh BS news story might convince the Usual Suspects to switch to "Yes" votes.  That's why I expect bogus "bombshell" stories.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

True.  This is shaping p to be Kavanaugh 2.0
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

There's a lot of time between last night and Wed. to create new revelations that the left will say have to be addressed before a final vote can be made.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There's a lot of time between last night and Wed. to create new revelations that the left will say have to be addressed before a final vote can be made.

Yup.  Gonna "Kavanaugh" him.  I wonder what the "nuclear bombshell" is going to be?  The suspense is killing me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Well, pickin something anyhow...  :whistle: