Author Topic: Trump outright brags he's withholding 'all the material' to beat impeachment  (Read 293 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump impeachment trial
Trump outright brags he's withholding 'all the material' to beat impeachment
1:18 p.m.

President Trump probably should've kept quiet on this one.

After the first day of impeachment arguments in the Senate, Trump told a press conference at the World Economic Forum that he's pretty sure he'll end up being acquitted. "Honestly, we have all the material. They don't have the material," Trump said of his impeachment defense team and of the House Democrats prosecuting him, making it clear there's some information he's holding back.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/890934/trump-outright-brags-hes-withholding-all-material-beat-impeachment

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What an idiot.  Its bad enough he is hiding the stuff then he brags about it when they are holding the trial.  I don't know is it taunting because he knows he can get away with it?  Pompous Ass.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Trump is his own worst enemy.  I fully understand his disgust with the media and the opposing party in league with one another to destroy his presidency. 

He needs to shut his mouth and focus on doing his job.  He has great lawyers. Let them do their job.

Online libertybele

In part I am considering the source.  "The Week" leans very liberal left -- usually with their own slant.  Meanwhile ... we have Adam Schiff stating that Russia is now going to attack us...during the 'trial'....somehow you're not reporting that.

@ChosenDaughter I understand your concerns about Trump -- so much focus on the negatives though -- regardless if true or not.  I've not seen another news source reporting this.

BTW -- Trump, will be speaking at the March for Life rally today.  First President to EVER do so!!!  That is a huge positive.  I see it as him standing by his "Christian" values. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.