Author Topic: A Fair Senate Impeachment Trial? That’s What They’re Afraid Of  (Read 192 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Fair Senate Impeachment Trial? That’s What They’re Afraid Of

Mitch McConnell will not abide by the kangaroo court rules Adam Schiff used in the House and Nancy Pelosi seeks to impose on the Senate.
Adam Mill
- January 12th, 2020

On January 7, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) wrote her Democratic colleagues to explain her strategy and to respond to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) announcement that he would not negotiate impeachment trial procedures with the House. Instead, McConnell simply plans to use the procedures employed in the Clinton impeachment. Pelosi responded by writing:

Sadly, Leader McConnell has made clear that his loyalty is to the President and not the Constitution. Leader McConnell has insisted that the approach under consideration is identical to those of the Clinton trial and that “fair is fair.” This is simply not true. This process is not only unfair but designed to deprive Senators and the American people of crucial documents and testimony. Under the Clinton trial, witnesses were deposed.

I encourage you to review the attached document from Leader Schumer, which exposes Leader McConnell’s misleading claims about the Clinton trial process that are being used to justify the GOP’s decision to cover up witnesses and documentation that would fully expose the President’s wrongdoing.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/01/12/a-fair-senate-impeachment-trial-thats-what-theyre-afraid-of/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

The Dems' goals are obvious, to those willing to recognize them:

* Unending open-ended fishing expeditions;

* Usurping Presidential authority and rendering the Trump Administration unable to exercise it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It sounds like Pelosi thinks the rules in the Clinton Impeachment were slanted toward Clinton. :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Pelosi is bat sh*t crazy, so absolutely nothing she says is credible.  I say take a vote on what the House has presented, and decide to move forward or sh*t can the entire nonsense.  And any Republicans that vote to have the trial should be primaried.

Let the people decide in November.  The Dems are getting buried either way.  They have squandered four years on nothing but impeachment.  I say impeach every last one of them in November, except AOC.  She stays as the architect of the Dems, and the Dems will never control anything.

Offline Hoodat

Witnesses:
  • Ciaramella
  • Schiff
  • Yovanovitch
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wrote:
"Pelosi is bat sh*t crazy, so absolutely nothing she says is credible.  I say take a vote on what the House has presented, and decide to move forward or sh*t can the entire nonsense.  And any Republicans that vote to have the trial should be primaried."

I agree.

As I posted earlier, the first order of Senate business should be a request for the immediate delivery of the paperwork from the House. Kind of like requesting "service of process". I'm only guessing, but I sense that if the Republican Senate pushes this through on a partisan vote, and if the time by which to comply is limited to, say, 24-48 hours, Pelosi will balk and won't respond.

That's fine. Actually, it's what we want.
But it doesn't matter whether she responds, or not, because...

...The NEXT order of business should be a vote by the Senators as to whether it's proper to proceed on the basis of evidence presented. Consider this "the arraignment", if you like. Are "the charges" sufficient to warrant a trial?

Without sufficient evidence (of course, there never WAS any), the next vote by the Senate should be to DISMISS the impeachment on its face, as insufficient to proceed. It's important that the documentation for such vote include that impeachment proceedings can only proceed upon the introduction of proper evidence, and that there has been none in this case. If need be, there should also be a vote to summarily acquit Mr. Trump of any supposed charges before the Senate at that moment.

Why do this?
Because the object should be not only to "acquit" Mr. Trump, but also to deliver a REBUKE to the House for pushing frivolous charges under the guise of "impeachment". The goal here is to restore impeachment as a Constitutional process that is necessary for the prosecution of actual "high crimes and misdemeanors", as distinguished from anti-Trump hatred.

If the Senate doesn't do this, even if they acquit Mr. Trump this time, it will be only a matter of months before the democrat-communists start a new "impeachment", all over again...