Author Topic: Delhi bus rape: Indian court issues death warrants  (Read 372 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Delhi bus rape: Indian court issues death warrants
« on: January 07, 2020, 03:30:30 pm »
This is interesting because India does have the death penalty but they rarely use it.

Delhi bus rape: Indian court issues death warrants

An Indian court has set an execution date for four men convicted of the 2012 gang-rape and murder of a student in the capital, Delhi.

Akshay Thakur, Vinay Sharma, Pawan Gupta and Mukesh Singh were sentenced to death by a fast-track court in 2013.

Their 23-year-old victim died from her injuries 13 days after she was raped and assaulted on a moving bus.

Lawyers for the men, who are due to be hanged on 22 January, plan to launch last-ditch legal challenges.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-51016604

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Delhi bus rape: Indian court issues death warrants
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:36:35 pm »
This is interesting because India does have the death penalty but they rarely use it.

Sadly public executions went out of style in the late 19th century.  Being put to death, while being ultimately humilated is an excellent crime deterant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Delhi bus rape: Indian court issues death warrants
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:48:42 am »
catfish wrote:
"Sadly public executions went out of style in the late 19th century.  Being put to death, while being ultimately humilated is an excellent crime deterrant."

They worked in West Virginia:
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1