Author Topic: Tucker Carlson Slams Pompeo, Soleimani Intel for Claiming Iran Risk of Terror Has Increased: We Trus  (Read 446 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-slams-pompeo-soleimani-intel-claiming-iran-risk-terror-has-increased-we-trust-1480715

Tucker Carlson Slams Pompeo, Soleimani Intel for Claiming Iran Risk of Terror Has Increased: We Trust the 'Deep State' Now?

On Monday's Tucker Carlson Tonight, the Fox News host chided his colleagues for readily believing U.S. intelligence that the risk of terrorism from Iran has gone up prior to the death of General Qassem Soleimani.

"Seems like about 20 minutes ago, we were denouncing these people as the deep state... Now for some reason, we do trust them, implicitly and completely," Carlson said.

"It's harder to get rich and powerful during peacetime, so our leaders have a built-in bias for war," Carlson declared. "So they decided on television studios over the weekend to describe in detail the type of violence they are prepared to wreak on a country very few of them know about."

"There's not much chance that war with Iran will make this country safer, or richer, or happier. If recent history is any guide, the opposite is likely to happen."

"It's hard to remember now, but as recently as last week, people didn't consider Iran an imminent threat," he noted, criticizing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's reasoning for the airstrike which killed Soleimani. "Iranian saboteurs were not committing acts of terror in our cities. Oh, but our leaders tell us, 'They were about to any second! That's why we struck first.'"

"What's striking is how many people are willing to accept this uncritically," Carlson added. "Just the other day, you remember, our intel agencies were considered politically tainted and suspect. Certainly on this show they are, were, and will be for quite some time."

More at link...

Good on Tucker for pointing this out

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:12:27 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I fell for it.  But now I question.  What was the imminent threat?  What were they protesting at the Embassy?

And the reason that I question is because the 52 targets represents 52 hostages taken in 1980.  Its in the presidents twitter.

One thing that Tucker had correct is that we are over there starting wars when our citizens are being killed in Mexico.  We can't even call the cartel terrorists.  But another family was attacked by Cartel the other day on a road that runs parallel to the border.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:37:24 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You got 'im now!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I fell for it.  But now I question.  What was the imminent threat?  What were they protesting at the Embassy?

And the reason that I question is because the 52 targets represents 52 hostages taken in 1980.  Its in the presidents twitter.

One thing that Tucker had correct is that we are over there starting wars when our citizens are being killed in Mexico.  We can't even call the cartel terrorists.  But another family was attacked by Cartel the other day on a road that runs parallel to the border.

What a relief, everything conforms to your worldview after all.

Orange man bad.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What a relief, everything conforms to your worldview after all.

Orange man bad.

Our resident NT's will not be happy till Nancy Pelosi turns Trump over to the Iranians for a war crimes trial followed by a speedy execution to be televised live on the ABC NBC CBS and CNN.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Our resident NT's will not be happy till Nancy Pelosi turns Trump over to the Iranians for a war crimes trial followed by a speedy execution to be televised live on the ABC NBC CBS and CNN.

Its kinda funny to watch them go through the same contorted rationalizations on these kinds of instances the left does.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Its kinda funny to watch them go through the same contorted rationalizations on these kinds of instances the left does.

Sort of like alcoholics.  Just when you get to thinking they understand, they flip on a dime to the old ways. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Sort of like alcoholics.  Just when you get to thinking they understand, they flip on a dime to the old ways.
@Cyber Liberty
So coming back to the topic of the thread how about helping me understand Pre-Soleimicide Deep-State = no trust but, Post-Soleimicide Deep-State = trust

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
So coming back to the topic of the thread how about helping me understand Pre-Soleimicide Deep-State = no trust but, Post-Soleimicide Deep-State = trust

When have you ever given a crap about sticking to a topic?

I don't trust any of them, but I never cease to be amazed that ability of people to snap into their standard mindset.  Praise can be fleeting, and often taken back, so I guess another reasonable question is, can I believe what people I talk to say on a given day?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What a relief, everything conforms to your worldview after all. Orange man bad.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tucker is really playing fast and loose with that statement.  For starters, nobody in the Administration is saying that we're going to go to war with Iran, and there's no way in hell Iran wants an open war with us either.  So to some extent, Tucker has set up a strawman.  Then there's all this:

On Monday's Tucker Carlson Tonight, the Fox News host chided his colleagues for readily believing U.S. intelligence that the risk of terrorism from Iran has gone up prior to the death of General Qassem Soleimani.  "Seems like about 20 minutes ago, we were denouncing these people as the deep state... Now for some reason, we do trust them, implicitly and completely," Carlson said.

I'm not aware of anyone who considers Pompeo part of the deep state, and the problems with the CIA were with respect to intereference with domestic politics.  Foreign military intelligence has not been the issue.

"It's harder to get rich and powerful during peacetime, so our leaders have a built-in bias for war," Carlson declared. "So they decided on television studios over the weekend to describe in detail the type of violence they are prepared to wreak on a country very few of them know about."

This is just plain annoying.  The "52 hostages" thing, the threats, etc.., are all messaging to Iran, for Iranian consumption, and for the purpose of convincing them that any escalation will backfire.  To take those statements -- as Tucker does -- as some sort of formal desire for more war is just ridiculous.  They're clearly intended to deter an Iranian response.

"It's hard to remember now, but as recently as last week, people didn't consider Iran an imminent threat," he noted, criticizing Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's reasoning for the airstrike which killed Soleimani.

What "people" is Tucker talking about?  All the "people" who hadn't been reading ME intelligence reports for the last couple of month, as had Pompeo and others?  Just because Tucker didn't consider Iran to be an imminent threat to U.S. personnel doesn't mean that the people whose daily job it was to assess those threats agreed.

"Iranian saboteurs were not committing acts of terror in our cities. Oh, but our leaders tell us, 'They were about to any second! That's why we struck first.'"

Okay, now Tucker is just flat out lying, which is actually very disappointing to me.  In this statement, he's claiming that our leaders are telling us (and presumably lying) that we struck first because attacks against "our cities" were imminent.  But literally on the exact same day he made that statement, he also criticized the attack because Pompeo acknowledged that the threats were only overseas, and not against "our cities".  Check out from about 2:20 to 3:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=WlcsuJtXYkM&feature=emb_logo

That's just really disappointing because I generally like Tucker.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:06:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

When have you ever given a crap about sticking to a topic?

Take it easy @Cyber Liberty .  I have no desire to argue about us.  The topic is Trump Deep State and Iran please.

I don't trust any of them, but I never cease to be amazed that ability of people to snap into their standard mindset.  Praise can be fleeting, and often taken back, so I guess another reasonable question is, can I believe what people I talk to say on a given day?

I know I have TDS.  I've admitted it many times.  I try to compensate for it, but while I can spot it easily in the MSM and the actions of the democrats, it's harder to be honestly introspective about Trump.   I actively search for reasons to give President Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it doesn't come naturally because I've endured 3 years of stupid little lies.  Mexico is paying for the wall.  I'll lock up Hillary. I don't know Stormy Daniels.  I didn't pay her off and all the other ladies are lying about me.  The Bible is my favorite Book.  "no President has ever done what I have done for Evangelicals, or religious itself!"  Trade wars are easy to win.  He saved Christmas.  "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!" 

Most of it is so stupid nobody believes it, but I find it insulting that Trump doesn't even have the courtesy to push a plausible lie, and it snaps me into my standard mindset, and it makes me question everything President Trump says.  And the biggest lie of all "I can't do all the wonderful things I promised because the Deep State."  Now he says "trust them."  I find this frustrating my friend.  I don't like having to question my President just because of his years of habitual lying about stuff he doesn't have a reason to, and he said something last week, last month, or last year, that completely contradicts his current statement.

Thanx for your reply.  I don't have an answer on if you can believe what people say on a given day.  It was a rhetorical question right?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:07:41 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Take it easy @Cyber Liberty .  I have no desire to argue about us.  The topic is Trump Deep State and Iran please.

I know I have TDS.  I've admitted it many times.  I try to compensate for it, but while I can spot it easily in the MSM and the actions of the democrats, it's harder to be honestly introspective about Trump.   I actively search for reasons to give President Trump the benefit of the doubt, but it doesn't come naturally because I've endured 3 years of stupid little lies.  Mexico is paying for the wall.  I'll lock up Hillary. I don't know Stormy Daniels.  I didn't pay her off and all the other ladies are lying about me.  The Bible is my favorite Book.  no President has ever done what I have done for Evangelicals, or religious itself!  Trade wars are easy to win.  He saved Christmas.  "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news - it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!" 

Most of it is so stupid nobody believes it, but I find it insulting that Trump doesn't even have the courtesy to push a plausible lie, and it snaps me into my standard mindset, and it makes me question everything President Trump says.  And the biggest lie of all "I can't do all the wonderful things I promised because the Deep State."  Now he says "trust them."  I find this frustrating my friend.  I don't like having to question my President just because of his years of habitual lying about stuff he doesn't have a reason to, and he said something last week, last month, or last year, that completely contradicts his current statement.

Thanx for your reply.  I don't have an answer on if you can believe what people say on a given day.  It was a rhetorical question right?

A ridiculous argument on my part.  Sorry.  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

A ridiculous argument on my part.  Sorry.  :beer:
It's all good.   :beer:

Offline corbe

Being one of the resident NT'ers here, I emphatically state that I share nothing with the reprobates you mentioned in your post and that includes Flake, Romney, Kristol and the others that are so often mentioned here. 
   Have a Good Day @Wingnut   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.