Author Topic: Federal Bureau Adding Third Gender to Firearm Purchase Form  (Read 533 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Federal Bureau Adding Third Gender to Firearm Purchase Form
« on: January 06, 2020, 03:14:17 am »
Texas Scorecard By Matt Stringer 1/2/2020

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms wants to add a “non-binary” gender option to the background check form used for new firearm purchases.

A federal government bureaucracy wants to make a controversial change to the background check forms general consumers use to purchase new firearms from licensed gun dealers.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) is amending Form 4473 to include an additional gender option where a prospective firearm buyer describes themselves for their background check.

An additional box labeled “Non-Binary” will provide consumers who think they are “gender non-conforming” with an option to openly state an identity preference outside of the conventions of science and biology.

The proposed rule change is on the Federal Register for a 60-day public comment period ending on February 24. Citizens can comment on the proposal before the changes go into effect.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/federal-bureau-adding-third-gender-to-firearm-purchase-form/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Federal Bureau Adding Third Gender to Firearm Purchase Form
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:46:03 am »
If you don't know what plumbing you have by the age where you can purchase a firearm, I'm not so sure I'd trust you to handle a firearm safely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 10:30:54 am »
If you don't know what plumbing you have by the age where you can purchase a firearm, I'm not so sure I'd trust you to handle a firearm safely.

pointing-up

Yep. Any dude that thinks he's a chick, or any chick that thinks she's a dude, or anyone who thinks they're a doorknob, a sheep, or a fluffy pink unicorn, etc. has problems understanding reality.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 11:45:24 am »
Getting the terrorists to register.

That is a good idea.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 12:54:25 pm »
Proving once again that the ATF should be a convenience store not qa government agency.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:47:46 pm »
It's a sign of mental illness, and I thought the gubmint didn't want mentally ill people to own firearms (thus, "red flag" laws).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 02:48:53 pm »
It's a sign of mental illness, and I thought the gubmint didn't want mentally ill people to own firearms (thus, "red flag" laws).
Right. Unless it is a disqualifying response, it shouldn't be on the form.
Your signature on the form places you under penalty of perjury should you lie.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 02:50:18 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 04:08:39 pm »

Exactly.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 11:05:01 pm »
Idiocracy is alive and well.  It's not just a movie!!!