Author Topic: Graham mulls rule changes to start impeachment trial without articles  (Read 695 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham mulls rule changes to start impeachment trial without articles
By Justine Coleman - 01/05/20 01:05 PM ES

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Sunday that he is mulling rule changes in an effort to quickly start the Senate impeachment trial of President Trump without the articles that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is withholding from the upper chamber

Graham told Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that he would work with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to change the chamber's rules if the articles are not sent this week.

“What I would do if she continues to refuse to send the articles as required by the Constitution, I would work with Sen. McConnell to change the rules of the Senate to start the trial without her if necessary,” he said.

The South Carolina senator accused Pelosi of a "political stunt" meant to “extort...a trial to her liking.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/476840-graham-mulls-rule-changes-to-start-impeachment-trial-without
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Graham mulls rule changes to start impeachment trial without articles
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:59:21 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-gives-pelosi-ultimatum-proposes-senate-rule-change-to-remove-her-from-impeachment-process

I'm gonna take a lap on this one...called it last month after reading a few "scholarly" editorials on the subject. Pelosi can play games up to a point, then the adults in the Senate will put the kibosh on this shenanigan and start the trial...as they should.

Graham:

"What I would do, if she continues to refuse to send the articles as required by the Constitution, I would work with Senator McConnell to change the rules of the Senate so we could start the trial without her, if necessary," Graham proposed.

When asked how long he would wait before taking this step, Graham replied, “, Days not weeks.”

@IsailedawayfromFR
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline AL

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 08:06:58 pm »
Hopefully the Repub's do get this phase of the coup attempt out of the way.  After all we need to see whats next on Pelosi - Shifts  - Nadlirs lineup.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 08:13:23 pm »
Hopefully the Repub's do get this phase of the coup attempt out of the way.  After all we need to see whats next on Pelosi - Shifts  - Nadlirs lineup.

What's next...more of the same. Its a one play playbook.

My prediction...charges of war crimes based on the killing of Suleimani and some future attacks I'd guess we'll be making on Iranian oil facilities if they retaliate for Suleimani's death.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 08:16:39 pm »

My prediction...charges of war crimes based on the killing of Suleimani and some future attacks I'd guess we'll be making on Iranian oil facilities if they retaliate for Suleimani's death.

Nah...Pelosi will let the UN charge him with war crimes. 

Will no one rid us of this troublesome fake priestess!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 08:33:51 pm »

Here you are. I made for a reply and ya'll up and disappeared. This is a good response by Graham. I watched the full interview earlier. It is up on Youtube. Good to know "you" were merely assimilated by the Borg and not annihilated.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 08:41:08 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-gives-pelosi-ultimatum-proposes-senate-rule-change-to-remove-her-from-impeachment-process

I'm gonna take a lap on this one...called it last month after reading a few "scholarly" editorials on the subject. Pelosi can play games up to a point, then the adults in the Senate will put the kibosh on this shenanigan and start the trial...as they should.

Graham:

"What I would do, if she continues to refuse to send the articles as required by the Constitution, I would work with Senator McConnell to change the rules of the Senate so we could start the trial without her, if necessary," Graham proposed.

When asked how long he would wait before taking this step, Graham replied, “, Days not weeks.”

@IsailedawayfromFR

The Senate doesn't need to wait for Pelosi to send the articles of impeachment.  They've been published ... see here: https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/democrats.judiciary.house.gov/files/documents/articles%20of%20impeachment.pdf

If Pelosi chooses not to participate, then bring the minority house impeachment members to the Senate to present their defense of the articles (charges) as voted on in the House.

The Senate could then vote --- hopefully to dismiss the charges with prejudice.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:54:42 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 09:25:28 pm »
The Senate doesn't need to wait for Pelosi to send the articles of impeachment.  They've been published ... see here: https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/democrats.judiciary.house.gov/files/documents/articles%20of%20impeachment.pdf

If Pelosi chooses not to participate, then bring the minority house impeachment members to the Senate to present their defense of the articles (charges) as voted on in the House.

The Senate could then vote --- hopefully to dismiss the charges with prejudice.

That would be interesting.  Republicans on both sides.  I hope the House Minority Managers tee up their case with vigor, to allow the defense to swing for the green.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »

Once the House ties his hands via the War Powers Act -- they will begin articles of impeachment against him for killing Soleimani.  That is how twisted, warped, corrupt and hateful they are. Hateful against Trump even IF it means destroying this Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:28 pm »
Once the House ties his hands via the War Powers Act -- they will begin articles of impeachment against him for killing Soleimani.  That is how twisted, warped, corrupt and hateful they are. Hateful against Trump even IF it means destroying this Republic.

There's no way they can impeach him for authorizing a drone strike, especially characterizing it as an actual crime - that would drag their hero 0bama into a mess. So that leaves them with another purely frivolous charge of pissing off Congress by not notifying them.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 02:04:23 pm »
There's no way they can impeach him for authorizing a drone strike, especially characterizing it as an actual crime - that would drag their hero 0bama into a mess. So that leaves them with another purely frivolous charge of pissing off Congress by not notifying them.

Not quite sure I'm following -- what impact on Bammy would this have?  Their 'hero' is untouchable.  Right now Nancy is busily trying to tie Trump's hands from taking further action. 

I understand what you are saying about Trump's authorization, but I don't put it past her or the rest of the idiots in Congress to find a way to bring up articles of impeachment against him on this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 03:10:31 pm »
Not quite sure I'm following -- what impact on Bammy would this have?  Their 'hero' is untouchable.  Right now Nancy is busily trying to tie Trump's hands from taking further action. 

I understand what you are saying about Trump's authorization, but I don't put it past her or the rest of the idiots in Congress to find a way to bring up articles of impeachment against him on this.

I am quite positive there will be another Impeachment over this.  I don't see how they can't, considering the level of screeching since the dime came down on Salmonella.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 03:22:10 pm »
I am quite positive there will be another Impeachment over this.  I don't see how they can't, considering the level of screeching since the dime came down on Salmonella.

Adam Schiff has chubby  (all 2 inches of it) going at just the thought of it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 04:10:13 pm »

If it's an actual crime, 0bama would be subject to indictment and prosecution now that he's out of office.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA