Author Topic: Schumer: 'We do not need this president either bumbling or impulsively getting us into a major war'  (Read 1049 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: 'We do not need this president either bumbling or impulsively getting us into a major war'
By Justine Coleman - 01/05/20 10:37 AM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) stressed Sunday that congressional approval is needed to enter a war, saying President Trump’s decision to order the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani brought the U.S. closer to that possibility.

Schumer said on ABC’s “This Week” that he was concerned Trump’s decision will “get us into another ‘endless war’ in the Middle East,” adding the U.S. is “closer to that” because of his actions. 

"I am really worried, and that is why Congress must assert itself,” the Senate minority leader said, saying the president does not have the authority to start a war without congressional approval.

“I think Congress and I will do everything I can to assert our authority,” he said. “We do not need this president either bumbling or impulsively getting us into a major war."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/476822-schumer-stresses-congressional-approval-we-do-not-need-this
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Shut up, Chuckie Little.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If you search "Dick with Ears" on the internet, Chucks photo is at the top of the results list.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If you search "Dick with Ears" on the internet, Chucks photo is at the top of the results list.

LOL!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dick%20with%20ears
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Thanks for your support Chuck, you're a great American you POS.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
LOL!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dick%20with%20ears

I was unaware that term was not universally known.  I thought it is part of common lexicon.

Thanks for posting that up for the folks! 

:shrug: :whistle:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 It is not going to be only Chuck talking about getting us into wars.   If Trump thinks one strike and it ends there he is sadly mistaken.  There is going to be fallout among the anti ware Trump supporters also.

I will state again that I believe it was the right thing.  But it is going to lead to further conflict.

Just like the Turkey invasion in Syria.  He was going to bring home the troops and then he sends more.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:36:38 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is not going to be only Chuck talking about getting us into wars.   If Trump thinks one strike and it ends there he is sadly mistaken.  There is going to be fallout among the anti ware Trump supporters also.

I will state again that I believe it was the right thing.  But it is going to lead to further conflict.

The Rats are already laying out the Impeachment strategy for this "offense."  You can bet on that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Just like the Turkey invasion in Syria.  He was going to bring home the troops and then he sends more.

Yes.  President Trump acted correctly and I believe he and his advisors as well as members of our military have things under control as much as possible. 

Keep in mind @Chosen Daughter he cannot control the actions of those in the Middle East and must either send in more troops or redirect them as needed.

I have confidence that he will do what he can to prevent another Benghazi or 9-11; it's the DEMS and RINO's in Congress that I am deeply concerned about.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yes.  President Trump acted correctly and I believe he and his advisors as well as members of our military have things under control as much as possible. 

Keep in mind @Chosen Daughter he cannot control the actions of those in the Middle East and must either send in more troops or redirect them as needed.

I have confidence that he will do what he can to prevent another Benghazi or 9-11; it's the DEMS and RINO's in Congress that I am deeply concerned about.

My point is that he will not be able to bring home troops from the ME.  It is more likely that troops will increase.  Whether or not anti war people suddenly support it or not is another thing. 

Trump to Send 3,000 More Troops to Middle East Amid Iran Escalation
The deployment in the aftermath of killing Qassem Soleimani comes amid a sharp escalation in potential conflict between Iran and the U.S.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-01-03/trump-to-send-3-000-more-troops-to-middle-east-amid-iran-escalation
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:53:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My point is that he will not be able to bring home troops from the ME.  It is more likely that troops will increase.  Whether or not anti war people suddenly support it or not is another thing. 

Trump to Send 3,000 More Troops to Middle East Amid Iran Escalation
The deployment in the aftermath of killing Qassem Soleimani comes amid a sharp escalation in potential conflict between Iran and the U.S.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-01-03/trump-to-send-3-000-more-troops-to-middle-east-amid-iran-escalation

Anti-war people will be against it.
Democrats will be against it.
Libertarians will be against it.
Some Republican politicians will be against it.
The Press will be against it.
Hollywood will be against it.
College Professors will be against it.
Aunt Martha will be against it.

Only the Proletariat keeping bread on the table will be for it.  See the pattern?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:09:21 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Chuck Schumer relied heavily on his printed notes during his interview on ABC This Week this morning. Frequently had to look down during his answers. Odd.— Matt Wolking (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@MattWolking) January 5, 2020

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Doesn't seem out of character to me.  Ever watch him read a speech on the Senate floor?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Schumer?
"Bumbling"?

Can I use those two words together in one sentence...?

Offline Wingnut

Doesn't seem out of character to me.  Ever watch him read a speech on the Senate floor?

Very true.  Hell, Schumer couldn't give an extemporaneous fart after a baked bean dinner.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Schumer: 'We do not need this president either bumbling or impulsively getting us into a major war'
By Justine Coleman - 01/05/20 10:37 AM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) stressed Sunday that congressional approval is needed to enter a war, saying President Trump’s decision to order the killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani brought the U.S. closer to that possibility.

Schumer said on ABC’s “This Week” that he was concerned Trump’s decision will “get us into another ‘endless war’ in the Middle East,” adding the U.S. is “closer to that” because of his actions. 

"I am really worried, and that is why Congress must assert itself,” the Senate minority leader said, saying the president does not have the authority to start a war without congressional approval.

“I think Congress and I will do everything I can to assert our authority,” he said. “We do not need this president either bumbling or impulsively getting us into a major war."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/476822-schumer-stresses-congressional-approval-we-do-not-need-this

Let's get real,here. Chuckie doesn't give a damn about America. All he cares about in the increased danger this brings to Israel.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Chuck Schumer relied heavily on his printed notes during his interview on ABC This Week this morning. Frequently had to look down during his answers. Odd.— Matt Wolking (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@MattWolking) January 5, 2020

Not that they had a scripted show,or anything...........

It does seem obvious to me that you CAN'T have written answers unless you know in advance what the questions are going to be,though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 12:09:48 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Very true.  Hell, Schumer couldn't give an extemporaneous fart after a baked bean dinner.

Keep that douche canoe away from Ryan's!  The Geneva Convention was written for this....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

Keep that douche canoe away from Ryan's!  The Geneva Convention was written for this....

Then that means We need to discuss "The Movement".   Don't you agree @EdJames

Now, I know that there is a lot of embellishment that occurs on this group and I am aware that a small number of things are perhaps sheer fabrication, but I have a story to tell that is the absolute truth.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:02:29 am by Wingnut »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Then that means We need to discuss "The Movement".   Don't you agree @EdJames

Now, I know that there is a lot of embellishment that occurs on this group and I am aware that a small number of things are perhaps sheer fabrication, but I have a story to tell that is the absolute truth.

You poached that story....lol.  Somebody somewhere posted a link to it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

You poached that story....lol.  Somebody somewhere posted a link to it.

A guy I know got banned for posting it.  The church ladies were pissed as hell and flooded the mods with complaints.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A guy I know got banned for posting it.  The church ladies were pissed as hell and flooded the mods with complaints.

The guy you know didn't get banned for posting it...he/she/it got banned for continuing to post it after getting slapped and told not to.  By the Owner.  I think it was "Wine Night" at his Hacienda.  Now, if he had had a Castle with a fully stocked wetbar....where a fully stoned Admin can get hold of it....

Ever since then, I steer clear of any grazing establishment named "Ryan's."  Just not going to test that.   yogi555

ETA:  For our Members' reading pleasure (Warning!):  http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:29:40 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

The guy you know didn't get banned for posting it...he/she/it got banned for continuing to post it after getting slapped and told not to.  By the Owner.  I think it was "Wine Night" at his Hacienda.  Now, if he had had a Castle with a fully stocked wetbar....where a fully stoned Admin can get hold of it....

Ever since then, I steer clear of any grazing establishment named "Ryan's."  Just not going to test that.   yogi555

ETA:  For our Members' reading pleasure (Warning!):  http://www.ihos.com/steakhouse.html

The guy was a patriot for freedom.  He took a stand to make a movement.  He posted and almost died on the throne.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The guy was a patriot for freedom.  He took a stand to make a movement.  He posted and almost died on the throne.

I consider him one of my heroes.  :yowsa:
I will NOT comply.

Offline dancer

Thank you.  That was hysterical!  ROFLOL