Author Topic: Royal Navy nuclear-powered submarine 'in position to fire at Iran'  (Read 297 times)

rangerrebew

Royal Navy nuclear-powered submarine 'in position to fire at Iran'

Armed force officials are working to ensure Britain is ready to back America militarily if asked

ByChiara Fiorillo
Rom Preston-EllisDeputy Head of Content

11:24, 5 JAN 2020

A Royal Navy submarine with 20ft-Tomahawk missiles is 'ready to strike' Iran if tensions escalate, reports suggest.

The submarine, which is kept in the region at all times, is armed with 20ft-Tomahawk missiles which each carry a 1,000lb high-explosive warhead with enough power to destroy a building.

The weapon has a range of more than 1,550 miles, travels at a speed of 550mph and has a GPS guidance system allowing it to switch targets mid-flight.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/royal-navy-nuclear-powered-submarine-3707278

rangerrebew

Re: Royal Navy nuclear-powered submarine 'in position to fire at Iran'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 03:04:35 pm »
This would seem to indicate that Trump did, in fact, tell some other people. :yowsa:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 03:11:09 pm »
This would seem to indicate that Trump did, in fact, tell some other people. :yowsa:

Where is the french Navy?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 03:28:46 pm »
Where is the french Navy?

Loafing off.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 04:47:35 pm »
   The French Navy is keeping Vlad's boats pinned up in the Black Sea.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.