Author Topic: Tucker Carlson on Soleimani killing: 'There are an awful lot of bad people in this world. We can't k  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Tucker Carlson on Soleimani killing: 'There are an awful lot of bad people in this world. We can't kill them all'

Tucker Carlson blasted Iran hawks in the Washington establishment Friday, saying they have wanted a war with Iran for decades and that they may have finally gotten it thanks to President Trump ordering a drone strike that killed Iranian general Qassem Soleimani Thursday.

"What happened yesterday wasn't just another symbolic bombing," Carlson warned on "Tucker Carlson Tonight." "It was a pivot point. Neocons in Washington understood that immediately."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-blasts-washington-establishment-for-pushing-war-with-iran
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump needs diplomacy to take these actions.  Hopefully he thought this through before taking this action.  Does he have support?

Has he merely stirred the hornet nest with no plans to follow through?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

Trump needs diplomacy to take these actions.  Hopefully he thought this through before taking this action.  Does he have support?

Why don't you just tell everyone what you think instead of posing pretend questions?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Why don't you just tell everyone what you think instead of posing pretend questions?

I stand by my support for the action but I don't think that the President is ready to follow through.  He has already released a statement that makes this a single strike issue.  Of course he has said that we are prepared to defend America against any retaliation.  But I am not sure he is prepared for the fallout, and isn't in my opinion coming out strong with his statement, again making it a one strike and target of the General.  I think it will only serve to strengthen terrorism in Iraq and Iran.

Offline skeeter

I stand by my support for the action but I don't think that the President is ready to follow through.  He has already released a statement that makes this a single strike issue.  Of course he has said that we are prepared to defend America against any retaliation.  But I am not sure he is prepared for the fallout, and isn't in my opinion coming out strong with his statement, again making it a one strike and target of the General.  I think it will only serve to strengthen terrorism in Iraq and Iran.

So the only thing wrong with the action is it was Trump's idea.

Does that about sum it up?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Does he have support? "Only" the entire combined armed forces of the United States. And one old bastard in Idaho.

Trump said he did this to stop a war. Not start one.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

Diplomacy?  He acted swiftly, effectively and decisively.  Intelligence was received that Soleimani plotted to assassinate U.S. diplomats and soldiers.  So, I'm not sure he was worried about diplomacy; he was worried about savings lives.  He did not want another Benghazi on his hands and he succeeded.  He has the absolute right and duty as CIC to defend and protect and that is exactly what he did.

Trump did not act all alone  ... Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the Pentagon took a "decisive defensive action" in killing Soleimani, who Esper says was plotting to target American diplomats and service members.  "This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans," Esper said"....

IMHO one thing that I have observed with Trump -- he calculates and usually is one step ahead.  I have no doubt the he is prepared.  I am comfortable with President Trump in charge of our military and I have confidence in him.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/02/793208096/iraqi-tv-says-top-iranian-military-leader-killed-in-rocket-strikes-on-iraqi-airp
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

So Carlson's solution was to let this murderous monster go to the grave in peaceful old age?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

So Carlson's solution was to let this murderous monster go to the grave in peaceful old age?

Usually I agree with Carlson, but here he runs the risk of allowing dogma to take over his rational mind.

Seldom if ever can an issue be defined in terms of black and white. This is one of those issues.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Iran has been poking at us for 40 years. Often with no meaningful consequence.

This guy was involved, with a lot of that poking.

By our inaction, we lulled the Tehran mullahs into perhaps believing they could get away with it, forever.

Wrong.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Usually I agree with Carlson, but here he runs the risk of allowing dogma to take over his rational mind.

Seldom if ever can an issue be defined in terms of black and white. This is one of those issues.

Same here, I’m usually cheering on Tucker. He seems however to have lost his bearings on this one.

Trump is nothing if not pragmatic. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Same here, I’m usually cheering on Tucker. He seems however to have lost his bearings on this one.

Trump is nothing if not pragmatic. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Well, in this case, I think it was Shoot first, answer the questions later.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Tucker Carlson's inexplicable love for the Iranian regime is one of the few things he gets wrong, imho.
Let it burn.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Diplomacy?  He acted swiftly, effectively and decisively.  Intelligence was received that Soleimani plotted to assassinate U.S. diplomats and soldiers.  So, I'm not sure he was worried about diplomacy; he was worried about savings lives.  He did not want another Benghazi on his hands and he succeeded.  He has the absolute right and duty as CIC to defend and protect and that is exactly what he did.

Trump did not act all alone  ... Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the Pentagon took a "decisive defensive action" in killing Soleimani, who Esper says was plotting to target American diplomats and service members.  "This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans," Esper said"....

IMHO one thing that I have observed with Trump -- he calculates and usually is one step ahead.  I have no doubt the he is prepared.  I am comfortable with President Trump in charge of our military and I have confidence in him.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/02/793208096/iraqi-tv-says-top-iranian-military-leader-killed-in-rocket-strikes-on-iraqi-airp

Well it is true that Soleimani was involved in US military and civilian deaths.  I will say it again I approve of taking him out.  What I am concerned with is whether he will follow through.  Whether he has the support of allies to keep Iran and their Al-Quds terrorist organization from further terror here and in Iraq.  Or with a one strike policy he only strengthens them.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well it is true that Soleimani was involved in US military and civilian deaths.  I will say it again I approve of taking him out.  What I am concerned with is whether he will follow through.  Whether he has the support of allies to keep Iran and their Al-Quds terrorist organization from further terror here and in Iraq.  Or with a one strike policy he only strengthens them.

I don't see Israel or Saudi Arabia screaming their outrage against the US. over this.

Read what Gen Petraeus said.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387802.msg2122657/topicseen.html#msg2122657

"Well, I think one of the questions is, "What will the diplomatic ramifications of this be?" And again, there have been celebrations in some places in Iraq at the loss of Qasem Soleimani. So, again, there's no tears being shed in certain parts of the country. And one has to ask what happens in the wake of the killing of the individual who had a veto, virtually, over the leadership of Iraq"

Offline Chosen Daughter

Well here is something very interesting.  Did Obama warn Soleimani that Israel was going to assassinate him?

This article says that Israel was on the verge of assassinating him and was warned by the U.S.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/u-s-gives-israel-green-light-to-assassinate-iran-s-general-soleimani-1.5630156

Offline Chosen Daughter

I don't see Israel or Saudi Arabia screaming their outrage against the US. over this.

Read what Gen Petraeus said.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387802.msg2122657/topicseen.html#msg2122657

"Well, I think one of the questions is, "What will the diplomatic ramifications of this be?" And again, there have been celebrations in some places in Iraq at the loss of Qasem Soleimani. So, again, there's no tears being shed in certain parts of the country. And one has to ask what happens in the wake of the killing of the individual who had a veto, virtually, over the leadership of Iraq"

Yes, that's my question.  What will the diplomatic ramifications be.  As you said Israel and Saudi Arabia won't have a problem.  I also think that Trump shouldn't be walking the anti war tight walk right now.  I think that he should have left it at we will do whatever we have to.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well here is something very interesting.  Did Obama warn Soleimani that Israel was going to assassinate him?

This article says that Israel was on the verge of assassinating him and was warned by the U.S.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/u-s-gives-israel-green-light-to-assassinate-iran-s-general-soleimani-1.5630156

Already posted. There is also another NYT article around here that someone may have attempted to tip him off this time. All conjecture, sure. But I believe there are no coincidences.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yes, that's my question.  What will the diplomatic ramifications be.  As you said Israel and Saudi Arabia won't have a problem.  I also think that Trump shouldn't be walking the anti war tight walk right now.  I think that he should have left it at we will do whatever we have to.

And the Iranian's shouldn't be ginning up the escalation threats.

Their economy is hurting because of the sanctions. Trump doubles down and offers to stop trading with countries who trade with Iran might be the biggest game-changer. This is not my idea, but something that has been promoted by others. From what I have read the average Iranian wants their government to do something to relieve their economic distress. They don't want war. They don't want regime change. They simply want their own lives, the same as you and me, to be better.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This Soleimani character was one of those people who just "needed killin'".

I sense that there are more Iranians who need the same.
A LOT more...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"We can't kill them all!"

So we should kill zero?  This is the same logic that says of we can't catch all border jumpers, we should not try to catch any.  If we can't stop all bank robberies then we should not try to catch any.  This is erroneous thinking.  OK, we can't kill them all, or apprehend 100% of the border jumpers and bank robbers, so let's kill/catch as many as we can.

This isn't rocket science.  I saw the Tucker Carlson segment in question, and I think he's just playing devil's advocate, because just about everybody else on Fox thought the action was the right one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

So we should kill zero?  This is the same logic that says of we can't catch all border jumpers, we should not try to catch any.  If we can't stop all bank robberies then we should not try to catch any.  This is erroneous thinking.  OK, we can't kill them all, or apprehend 100% of the border jumpers and bank robbers, so let's kill/catch as many as we can.

This isn't rocket science.  I saw the Tucker Carlson segment in question, and I think he's just playing devil's advocate, because just about everybody else on Fox thought the action was the right one.

Agree.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yes, that's my question.  What will the diplomatic ramifications be.  As you said Israel and Saudi Arabia won't have a problem. I also think that Trump shouldn't be walking the anti war tight walk right now.  I think that he should have left it at we will do whatever we have to.

@Chosen Daughter

Then you will be happy to hear about his latest tweet:

Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran &  the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1213593975732527112

Now normally, Iran might think "he wouldn't dare!"  But...they can't really assume that any more.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 12:32:40 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

@Chosen Daughter

Then you will be happy to hear about his latest tweet:

Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran &  the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1213593975732527112

Now normally, Iran might think "he wouldn't dare!"  But...they can't really assume that any more.

Exactly.  Too often, Iran was used to receiving idle threats and let's not forget the 'nuke deal' that Bammy and Kerry created to appease them.  President Trump not only saved American lives but made it absolutely, unequivocally, crystal clear that the U.S. is no longer going to play their game. There's a new sheriff in town.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Right. If we only get 50% of them, then the world is a better place by half. The more we get, the fewer will be aching for a 'promotion'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis