Author Topic: ‘$1.7 Billion In Unmarked Bills’: Ted Cruz Criticizes Former Obama Official Over Iran Strike  (Read 225 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
‘$1.7 Billion In Unmarked Bills’: Ted Cruz Criticizes Former Obama Official Over Iran Strike

Republican Texas Sen. Ted Cruz issued a pointed response to an Obama administration alumnus after he suggested the killing of Iranian Gen.Qasem Soleimani would lead to a “worst case scenario.”

“Trump may have just started a war with no congressional debate. I really hope the worst case scenario doesn’t happen but everything about this situation suggests serious escalation to come,” Ben Rhodes, a former national security aide to President Barack Obama, tweeted Thursday night.

The statement followed news that President Donald Trump ordered a strike against Soleimani, the leader of Iran’s elite Quds Force, killing him instantly.

In response to Rhodes’s tweet, Cruz asked if it would have been a better choice to send the Iranian regime $1.7 billion in unmarked bills — an apparent reference to the Obama administration’s shipment of money to Tehran as part of its end of 2015 Iranian nuclear deal.

“Perhaps it would have been a better idea to send him $1.7 billion in unmarked bills, in pallets on planes in the dead of night, so he could kill more Americans?” the junior GOP senator from Texas wrote..........

https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/03/ted-cruz-obama-rhodes-iran/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Truth no longer matters to Leftists....
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist