Author Topic: Trump, Israel and the Middle East: Mayhem, betrayal and 'America First'  (Read 843 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump, Israel and the Middle East: Mayhem, betrayal and 'America First'

Allies, officials and now the Congress have sounded the alarm about the U.S. president's foreign policy. From Syria to Iran, Haaretz takes a deep dive into the impact of three years of Trumpism in the Mideast. Click on 'hotspots' and 'administration' for the complete breakdown
Alexander Griffing , Esther Solomon

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/EXT-INTERACTIVE-trump-iran-israel-1.8269016
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Trump, Israel and the Middle East: Mayhem, betrayal and 'America First'
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 04:37:59 am »
Trump, Israel and the Middle East: Mayhem, betrayal and 'America First'

Allies, officials and now the Congress have sounded the alarm about the U.S. president's foreign policy. From Syria to Iran, Haaretz takes a deep dive into the impact of three years of Trumpism in the Mideast. Click on 'hotspots' and 'administration' for the complete breakdown
Alexander Griffing , Esther Solomon

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/EXT-INTERACTIVE-trump-iran-israel-1.8269016

Boy they must be apolitic after today's events.   Poor timing on your post little Trump Hater.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:40:22 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:31:28 am »
Boy they must be apolitic after today's events.   Poor timing on your post little Trump Hater.

Did you read any of this before uncorking another round of kissing Trump butt via insults? I thought it was insightful in expressing stuff we now know to be true...

For example:

When the U.S. withdrew most of its forces from Iraq in 2011 after its post-war eight-year occupation, it left a sectarian-based governing structure plagued by corruption to succeed the deposed Saddam Hussein regime. Since that withdrawal, Iran has played a prominent role in Iraq’s affairs, a presence that is now being challenged by mass demonstrations, the largest since Saddam Hussein's fall in 2003. Iran has responded with lethal force, directed (sometimes in person) by the head of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards' Quds force, Qassem Soleimani.

Pretty much what we found out to be true...

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 06:41:10 am »
Did you read any of this before uncorking another round of kissing Trump butt via insults? I thought it was insightful in expressing stuff we now know to be true...

For example:

Your truth?   Fu ck your truth.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 07:44:35 am »

For example:

I doubt he reads anything.

I don't think we are getting out of the Middle East any time soon. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 08:07:10 am »
Your truth?   Fu ck your truth.   

Perhaps you should wait to post after a certain time at night Ghost. I suggest perhaps Noon.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 11:06:27 am »
Haaretz is proudly to the left of The Washington Post.  Take their "assessment" with a shovel of salt.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 08:38:43 pm »
Haaretz is proudly to the left of The Washington Post.  Take their "assessment" with a shovel of salt.

Well that is a point.  Some of it I agreed with and others not so much.  But the sad truth is that much of Israel and even Judaism is liberal.  Sometimes it is hard to figure out what we are supporting because even Jared Kushner is liberal.  It certainly will be interesting to find out what kind of peace plan Jared rolls out for Israel won't it?

Here in America there is a very liberal leaning with the Jewish community.  Even some of Trumps staunchest supporters.  Alan Dershowitz for one.  And Chuck Schumer.  I think that liberals have a problem.  They can't decide how to react about their religion.  Sometimes in direct opposition to their party. 

MJ Rosenberg

Contributor
Worked on Capitol Hill for Democratic Senators and House members for 20 years
Schumer: I’m on a Mission From God (to Be Israel’s Guardian in Senate)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/schumer-im-on-a-mission-f_b_560091

I am willing to bet that most of Trumps Jewish friends are liberal.