Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15878 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

The North Vietnamese did the same thing during the VN war. They set up headquarters in orphanages,hospitals,and schools.

What kills me is that we know they do this and yet the people that do my job at a much higher pay grade never explain that when they are at the podium being hounded by the media over why we are targeting schools and hospitals.

Went through the same sh*t in Somalia.  I did have the pleasure of witnessing a Lt. Colonel completely embarrass a reporter at one of our pressers in Mogadishu when he tried that stuff.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What kills me is that we know they do this and yet the people that do my job at a much higher pay grade never explain that when they are at the podium being hounded by the media over why we are targeting schools and hospitals.

Went through the same sh*t in Somalia.  I did have the pleasure of witnessing a Lt. Colonel completely embarrass a reporter at one of our pressers in Mogadishu when he tried that stuff.

@txradioguy

Thank you again, for your service!!    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@txradioguy

The North Vietnamese did the same thing during the VN war. They set up headquarters in orphanages,hospitals,and schools.

Yes, again @sneakypete , thanks for your service and all you have done fot thus country.

:patriot:

Combat, pretty hair-raising.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:37:10 pm by TomSea »

Offline DCPatriot

Yes, again @sneakypete , thanks for your service and all you have done fot thus country.

:patriot:

@sneakypete

Amen!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

This is interesting, update.... there's a few but where did that drone that killed the General take off from?

QATAR....
Military sources reveal that the drone responsible for killing Iran's general, Soleimani, took off from the US air base al-Udeid in Qatar, whose foreign minister then traveled to Iran offering his condolences for his death.

https://twitter.com/AlertaNews24/status/1214387959086145536

That could be significant, not to any great ramifications I'd think but is noteworthy.  A lot of the "pro-Saudi Arabia" crowd do not care for Qatar.  And Qatar, I'd say, they are a crucial ally to Turkey but that's just me talking. The Turks have a base there... so, with our allies, yes, sometimes, we don't like what they do but they are important.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar%E2%80%93Turkey_relations Turkey's way out of line to me but I'm just a layperson.

In fact, al Arabiya has a few pertinent stories,

Iran considering 13 ‘revenge scenarios’ after Soleimani killing
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/01/07/Iran-considering-13-revenge-scenarios-after-Soleimani-killing-.html

Pretty good news.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 07:55:09 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Yes, thank them both, thank them ALL! Because this board has a few and the families, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and so on. They help greatly too.

Offline DCPatriot

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Iran:

"At least 35 people were killed and 48 others have been injured in the stampede at the commander’s funeral."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Thank you again, for your service!!    :patriot:

I've been very fortunate to have served.  thank you for your support.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Iran:

"At least 35 people were killed and 48 others have been injured in the stampede at the commander’s funeral."

Darwin Awards winners one and all.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Trump was pretty specific in his Tweet.  You don't believe him?

Or....are you okay with this?

You bet your @$$ I am @catfish1957!  THAT is the only language those 6th-century savages understand!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:50:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: They are 100% raging hypocrites!  Every last one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes, thank them both, thank them ALL! Because this board has a few and the families, wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and so on. They help greatly too.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Yes, deep gratitude to ALL for their service.    :patriot:  :patriot:  :patriot:   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Yeah, the North Koreans and the Chinese would round up villagers and march them in front of their troops when advancing, according to my Dad (Korean War vet). This bit of using civilians as a screen is pretty common among the people America fights.

And thanks for your service!  :patriot: (Not sure if I'd ever said that.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
40+ dead in Iran at Gen. Soleimani’s funeral after stampede

American Military News by Ryan Morgan   January 07, 2020

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/40-dead-in-iran-at-gen-soleimanis-funeral-after-stampede/

A stampede at the funeral procession for Iran’s Gen. Qassem Soleimani has killed dozens of people and left hundreds more injured on Tuesday.

At least 40 Iranians were trampled in the chaos and 200 more have already been reported injured, according to Fox News, which cited Iranian state media reporting. The cause of the incident is not yet known.

“Unfortunately as a result of the stampede, some of our compatriots have been injured and some have been killed during the funeral processions,” said Pirhossein Koulivand, the head of Iran’s emergency medical services.

The incident will reportedly cause a delay in Soleimani’s funeral services in the deceased general’s hometown of Kerman.

Soleimani is reportedly set to be buried between the graves of two other Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) members, Enayatollah Talebizadeh and Mohammad Hossein Yousef Elahi. Soleimani had fought alongside the two, who died during the 1986 Iranian amphibious assault known Operation Dawn 8. The operation succeeded in cutting off Iraq from access to the Persian Gulf and brought about the end of the Iran-Iraq war.

More at link.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Darwin Awards winners one and all.

@txradioguy

Chances are they had no choice.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@txradioguy

Chances are they had no choice.
Right. I wonder how many of the trampled were 'conscripts' or otherwise there not of their own volition.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Right. I wonder how many of the trampled were 'conscripts' or otherwise there not of their own volition.

@Smokin Joe

I know I shouldn't be shocked so easily at my age,but I am still bewildered at how so many people can't seem to understand that ALL of Islam is a police state,and IF you ever come to the attention of the authorities,you ARE going to be found guilty of something.

True,most people live quiet lives and never draw any attention to themselves,but these same people are also smart enough to pick up a sign and go march when told to do so.

PLEASE note I am not really making excuses for them. If they are unhappy living that way,overthrow and execute the bastards doing this to you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I know I shouldn't be shocked so easily at my age,but I am still bewildered at how so many people can't seem to understand that ALL of Islam is a police state,and IF you ever come to the attention of the authorities,you ARE going to be found guilty of something.

True,most people live quiet lives and never draw any attention to themselves,but these same people are also smart enough to pick up a sign and go march when told to do so.

PLEASE note I am not really making excuses for them. If they are unhappy living that way,overthrow and execute the bastards doing this to you.
But the Police State thingy is what the Democrat (Communists) find so seductive in their quest for totalitarian control. It only works if you murder anyone opposed to the State, which gives them common ground with Islamists everywhere.

Unfortunately, harnessing the FEAR of the masses, the idea that the neighbor who confided that they have that handgun might really be secret police and you could be shot for NOT reporting it makes that crap work.
Even loyal totalitarians can be taken out by some Zampolit, and I reckon the Imams fulfill similar roles in Islam.
These are the world's control freaks, and to be honest, I never met one whom I liked, and never met one who should be allowed to control much of anything beyond their own TV.
I won't live in such fear, I'd rather fight for the Right to not have to look over my shoulder. (Besides, my neck gets stiff if I do too much of that crap).

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

Pam Geller:

Iranian terrorist kingpin Qassem Soleimani’s Top 10 Atrocities

By Pamela Geller - on January 5, 2020

1. Assassination. The left may rail about the targeted killing of Soleimani as an ‘assassination’ but killing heads of state was Soleimani’s stock in trade. He was behind the 2005 bomb murder of Lebanon’s beloved president, Rafik Hariri. Dexter Filkins, writing in the New Yorker, in 2013, explained what and why: “Hariri, a Sunni, had been trying to take Lebanon out of the Iranian-Syrian orbit. On Valentine’s Day, he was killed by a suicide truck bomb whose payload weighed more than five thousand pounds.” Harire death left a cold chill throughout the Middle East.

2. Mass killings of American military targets. In 1983, Soleiman was involved in the Beirut barracks bombing. Acting in the mullah regime’s interests, his idea was to drive U.S. forces out through use of Iran’s little pawn, Hezb’allah, which grew in power after the mass attack while Iran itself succeeded in getting the Iran’s aims enacted. Soleimani’s Quds force was the actual creator of Hezb’allah, which was always happy to be Iran’s little pawn. After the attacks, all were emboldened. I recall that the late great Herbert Meyer, at the time a Reagan administration national security official, later said the Reagan administration rued the decision to take troops out, given the growing power of the terrorists that came of it.

3. Mass killings of more American military targets. In 1996, Soleimani and his buddies sent in a truck bomb to blow up the Khobar Towers in naked warfare to advance Iran’s interests. Iran had a problem with the U.S. teaming up with the Saudis to fortify the nation from extremist attacks. Twenty mostly American troops were killed and nearly 500 were injured and he got away with it.

Continued at: https://gellerreport.com/2020/01/soleimani-top-10-atrocities.html/

Larry Elder
@larryelder
BREAKING...

New Quinnipiac Iowa Poll: Qasem Soleimani now in a five-way tie with Biden, Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg.

Just kidding...

It's a four-way tie.

#Democrats2020

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1214781389574270977

Speaking of Larry Elder, the "Black News Network" is still on tap but it's opening has been delayed as they are still trying to assure quality.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:54:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

A Look At Three Decades Of Iran's Secretive Quds Force

Qasem Soleimani (center) had been in charge of Iran's shadowy Quds Force since 1997. (file photo)

Within hours of the U.S. air strike that killed Qasem Soleimani on January 3, Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei announced the appointment of a successor to head the Revolutionary Guards' secretive Quds Force.

The speed of the announcement appeared to be aimed at sending a message of continuity.

"The force's mission is exactly the same as it was under the command of the martyr Soleimani," Khamenei said.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-quds-force-soleimani-explainer/30366930.html
Iraq
Published 2 hours ago
Iraqi cleric Muqtada al-Sadr tells pro-Iran armed groups 'the crisis is over'
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

An Iraqi Shia cleric and politician who blasted President Trump this week said "the crisis is over" following Iranian airstrikes against U.S. troops in Iraq, a sign that Iran-backed forces are looking to de-escalate tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Muqtada al-Sadr issued the statement via Twitter, saying Iraqi militias should not start military action, while asking the groups to restrain extremist rhetoric within their ranks, the Military Times reported.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/iraqi-cleric-muqtada-al-sadr-the-crisis-is-over

I may be posting this for the 2nd time but saw it last night and it is worth noting:
Former Iraqi parliamentarian says most Iraqis support Soleimani assassination - JNS.org
Heather Robinson

(January 7, 2020 / JNS) Mithal al-Alusi, former Iraqi parliamentarian and a longtime friend of Israel, said in a phone interview on Monday that he supports U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to assassinate Qassem Soleimani, the leader of Iran’s Quds Force, a branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) responsible for terrorist operations outside of Iran. He added that he believes the majority of Iraqis are “very happy” about the assassination.

“Soleimani did kill many Americans, many Europeans, many Jewish [people],” Alusi told me. “Maybe more than [ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-] Baghdadi and maybe more than [Al-Qaeda head Osama] bin Laden. He was a very high level—the highest-level international terrorist.”

Alusi, who served three terms in Iraq’s parliament as head of the Iraqi Nation Party—a classically liberal political party that championed human rights, rule of law, a free press, and normalized relations between Iraq and Israel—knows the horrors of terrorism firsthand. In February 2005, terrorists murdered his two sons, Ayman, 30, and Jamal, 22, as payback for their father’s decision to visit Israel to attend a counterterrorism conference.

Read more at: https://www.jns.org/opinion/former-iraqi-prime-minister-says-most-iraqis-support-soleimani-assassination/

So, pretty much a keeper of an article.

Offline TomSea

Why? Because he took down Soleimani:
White Nationalist Richard Spencer: 'I Deeply Regret Voting for Donald Trump'
By Michael van der Galien January 8, 2020

In what can only be called extremely good news for President Donald Trump, white nationalist "leader" Richard Spencer says he regrets voting for Trump in the 2016 election. The reason? Trump's decision to take out Iranian Terror General Qasem Soleimani.

Being a white nationalist, Spencer doesn't quite like that. After all, General Soleimani was a fervent enemy of Israel. I guess that made him Spencer's ally.

"I deeply regret voting for and promoting Donald Trump in 2016," Spencer wrote on Twitter late Tuesday. Shortly before doing so, he had added an Iranian flag to his Twitter name in order to show his support for the Mad Mullahs:

More at: https://pjmedia.com/trending/white-nationalist-richard-spencer-i-deeply-regret-voting-for-donald-trump/

I see people add flags and other things to their twitter names.

Spencer I believe has flown the Syrian flag too, so it's no big surprise that he'd be peeved at this.

Hizballah in the Americas and Other Iranian Dogs That Haven’t Barked
By Bryan Preston January 8, 2020

... Why was he in the capital of Iraq at all? Why did he feel free to take a road trip when he has been on the terrorist watch list for 15 years? Perhaps because he had been in the sights of the last two U.S. presidents, and both elected not to strike.

Whatever drove his decision, it was fatal. President Donald Trump ordered a strike that killed the terrorist mastermind. Iran’s response Tuesday was to launch a dozen or so missiles at a couple of Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops.

But the missiles appear to have caused no casualties and done little damage. Four of the missiles failed.

More:  https://pjmedia.com/trending/hizballah-in-the-americas-and-other-iranian-dogs-that-havent-barked/

See, they have "some" technology apparently but I guess didn't want to stir things up.

And then,  NPR interviewed the Iranian Foreign Minister, Zarif?  I think they say there is a connection between John Kerry and Zarif that would make Iran favorable to Kerry and the other Obama-ites. This is the kind of stuff, after I listen some to NPR then, hear they did this and it's a turnoff.

Transcript: NPR's Full Interview With Iran's Foreign Minister

January 7, 202012:36 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/07/794175782/transcript-nprs-full-interview-with-iran-s-foreign-minister

I'm all for journalism to be open but still.

Offline TomSea

The same day, we tried targeting an Iranian Commander in Yemen. We did not succeed in that case.

Report: US unsuccessful in killing 2nd Iranian commander in Yemen during Soleimani mission
Laura Widener

A new report revealed that the U.S. conducted a secret mission against a second Iranian military figure in Yemen on the same day that Gen. Qassem Soleimani was killed in Iraq.

Four U.S. officials told The Washington Post that the secret operation targeted Abdul Reza Shahlai, a commander in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force like Soleimani, however, the operation was not successful.

Officials said the mission is still considered “highly classified” and they refused to discuss additional information other than declaring the mission unsuccessful, the Washington Post said.

More at: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/01/report-us-unsuccessful-in-killing-2nd-iranian-commander-in-yemen-during-soleimani-mission/?utm_campaign=DailyEmails&utm_source=AM_Email&utm_medium=email

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dems:  "He missed one?  Trump is worthless and weak!  Now they're laughing at us while blowing up Cultural Sites, because they now know we're a paper tiger not to be feared.  This is Trump's Fault!  Collateral Damage!  He's done irreparable harm! We must Impeach this instant!"

(Fade to wails of, "Impee Foty Fie!  Impee Foty Fie!  Impee Foty Fie!")
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: