Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15875 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump was pretty specific in his Tweet.  You don't believe him?

Or....are you okay with this?

Name one specific target based on that tweet.   One.  I don't see it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Name one specific target based on that tweet.   One.  I don't see it.

You really think he'd advertise it?  You didn't answer my original questions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The terrorist act, the worst in the history of Argentina, was triggered by a van loaded with 400 kilos of explosives

[/quote]

@TomSea

YIKES!  That is a LOT of explosives!

It also does a VERY nice job of illustrating the difference between Islam and America. Americans target the terrorists that have murdered innocent Americans as well as American soldiers. Muslims target random innocent civilians,including women and children.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You really think he'd advertise it?  You didn't answer my original questions.

I guess he doesn't need to specify targets, when folks can just fill in the names in their own minds.  I doubt he would hit one "cultural" target.  I find difficult to understand when people who say Trump is constantly lying suddenly decide they think he's truthful. 

People lie.  Politicians lie even more.  I don't expect better.  As for your questions?  I only saw one that I didn't bother addressing because the premise is weak.   :shrug:  I think he's bluffing on destroying cultural sites, he just doesn't want them hiding there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Couldn't have said it any better.  Trump's threat at cultural (historical) sites has ruined an opportunity for a consensus to respond to this Iranian threat.  Blowing up 3000-5000 year old historical treasures?  We are better than that.

Even in World War 2, both sides did their best to avoid this kind of outrage.

@catfish1957

I agree. That was a serious brain fart. I understand that Trump is used to negotiating business deals by exaggerating what he is going to do and then allowing himself to be seemed to be talked into backing off as a normal part of his negotiating ploy,but this ain't a business deal and it will hurt him worse than anything else he has ever done if he follows through.

He even screwed the pooch on this one if he doesn't mean it and orders the strikes to steer clean of cultural sites because all it takes is one fighter-bomber to take a hit at the same time they fire their missiles to have the missiles go off-target and  hit one by mistake. IF/when that happens,who is going to believe him when it says it was an accident,and not an intentional hit?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess he doesn't need to specify targets, when folks can just fill in the names in their own minds.  I doubt he would hit one "cultural" target.  I find difficult to understand when people who say Trump is constantly lying suddenly decide they think he's truthful. 

People lie.  Politicians lie even more.  I don't expect better.  As for your questions?  I only saw one that I didn't bother addressing because the premise is weak.   :shrug:  I think he's bluffing on destroying cultural sites, he just doesn't want them hiding there.
I guess it depends on what is seen as a cultural target. For instance, in the US hitting a pride parade might be seen by a foreigner as being of greater value than the National Archive...(We don't pay that much attention to the Constitution in Government now, so it can't be that important, but we seem to kowtow to every whim the alphabet folks have.)

So, pre-Islam culture might be seen as something which would not affect the current population in power, there, and nothing to target. It is a question of cultural relevance to the people alive there and in power, whether that target might have impact, or merely cause worldwide outrage. The former is generally desirable, the latter to be avoided.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I guess it depends on what is seen as a cultural target. For instance, in the US hitting a pride parade might be seen by a foreigner as being of greater value than the National Archive...(We don't pay that much attention to the Constitution in Government now, so it can't be that important, but we seem to kowtow to every whim the alphabet folks have.)

So, pre-Islam culture might be seen as something which would not affect the current population in power, there, and nothing to target. It is a question of cultural relevance to the people alive there and in power, whether that target might have impact, or merely cause worldwide outrage. The former is generally desirable, the latter to be avoided.
Or, the specific people we want to impress are well-known for using "cultural sites" as places to hide, and we want to dissuade them from that. 
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:59:22 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So, if push came to shove, where would Iran's leadership go hide?  Cultural sites, because we have a history of avoiding them.
So, if you advertise targeting of said sites, then the leadership hides somewhere else that you could get them.
All is not what it appears.

@EdinVA

It doesn't matter where they hide these days. We have unmanned drones that can circle around a target for days at a time by replacing each other on-station,just waiting for those goobers to leave. We can easily whack them as they are leaving. In FACT,hiding at a historic site gives us the advantage of knowing where they are hiding so we can wait to light them up when they leave.

Of if we get tired of waiting,all we have to do is hit every vehicle known to be going there,and starve them out while they sit in the dark and realize they are screwed.

Nope,these goobers will hide in places like apartment buildings with a lot of women and children. Maybe even buildings with nurseries or elementary schools. Dying is for other people,not them.

Offline Smokin Joe

Or, the specific people we want to impress are well-known for using "cultural sites" as places to hide, and we want to dissuade them from that.
Two birds, one stone. But they use schools and hospitals, too.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Two birds, one stone. But they use schools and hospitals, too.

Imagine the uproar if Trump had tweeted, "52 schools and hospitals!"  333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Agreed.  Thanks.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Agreed.  Thanks.

As I knew we would, eventually!  :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You got to admit....   Threatening Cultural sites is maybe Trump's dumbest move yet.

I am going to reserve judgment until Iran screams, "UNCLE!!"

Or until we see a list of these so-called "cultural" sites.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am going to reserve judgment until Iran screams, "UNCLE!!"

Or until we see a list of these so-called "cultural" sites.

Goat Farms,
Bathe houses,
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

Imagine the uproar if Trump had tweeted, "52 schools and hospitals!"  333cleo
Yeah, not that we'd target those, just mentioned it becaause it exposes the natural cowardice of the terrorists.

As far as targets go, he could hit 52 vacant fields and the media would still gripe.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

Yeah, not that we'd target those, just mentioned it becaause it exposes the natural cowardice of the terrorists.

As far as targets go, he could hit 52 vacant fields and the media would still gripe.

Rush Limbaugh has reiterated a half dozen times already today:

paraphrased: 

"The cold hard fact is that the United States military can take out Iran's ability to wage war and/or function as a nation in less than 30 minutes."

And as a 73 year-old fallen away Catholic Baby Boomer that would suit me just fine.

We need to see that.  To witness that.

Oh...stop!  The USA will do with Iran what it did with Japan's Emperors.   We'll be buying Iranian cars in 50 years.   

Okay...YOU'LL be buying them, not me!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

We wouldn't target them on purpose.  However as we have learned from Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan...the enemy isn't above placing military equipment anti aircraft artillery...tanks etc next to schools hospitals and stuffing civilians into military bunkers in order generate sympathy and outrage over American "atrocities".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"The cold hard fact is that the United States military can take out Iran's ability to wage war and/or function as a nation in less than 30 minutes."

Their standing military...yes.  The irregular forces and the terrorist organizations not so much.

It would be the same situation we faced in Iraq in 2003.  We whipped the collective ass of Iraq's standing army pretty quickly.

However from late 2003 til today it's the irregular forces and the Iranian sponsored militia groups that have continued to be a thorn in our side.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We wouldn't target them on purpose.  However as we have learned from Iraq (twice) and Afghanistan...the enemy isn't above placing military equipment anti aircraft artillery...tanks etc next to schools hospitals and stuffing civilians into military bunkers in order generate sympathy and outrage over American "atrocities".

Hiding behind civilians, especially women and children, is their #1 go-to tactic.  All I hear is "don't do that."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

Rush Limbaugh has reiterated a half dozen times already today:

paraphrased: 

And as a 73 year-old fallen away Catholic Baby Boomer that would suit me just fine.

We need to see that.  To witness that.

Oh...stop!  The USA will do with Iran what it did with Japan's Emperors.   We'll be buying Iranian cars in 50 years.   

Okay...YOU'LL be buying them, not me!    :laugh:
I doubt they'd let me drive in 50 years, if I'm not moldering wherever.

You aren't that much older than I.

As for Muslim cars, who'd want one. You would never know when they're going to blow up.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

I doubt they'd let me drive in 50 years, if I'm not moldering wherever.

You aren't that much older than I.

As for Muslim cars, who'd want one. You would never know when they're going to blow up.

ROFL!!

My father (RIP) worked for Ford Motor Company.  UAW.   He detested anything Japanese.   Toyota didn't make Ford LTDs or Lincolns.

And Japanese made toys were truthfully, CRAP!  At least the stuff we could buy at Woolworth!   So, in my young eyes, he had a point.    :laugh:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hiding behind civilians, especially women and children, is their #1 go-to tactic.  All I hear is "don't do that."

I can't begin to tell you how much ammunition and crates of grenades we found in schools in Iraq in 2003.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@txradioguy

The North Vietnamese did the same thing during the VN war. They set up headquarters in orphanages,hospitals,and schools.

Offline Smokin Joe

ROFL!!

My father (RIP) worked for Ford Motor Company.  UAW.   He detested anything Japanese.   Toyota didn't make Ford LTDs or Lincolns.

And Japanese made toys were truthfully, CRAP!  At least the stuff we could buy at Woolworth!   So, in my young eyes, he had a point.    :laugh:
In my young eyes, I'd agree, too. The toys were considered 'cheap sh*t", and 'made in Japan" used to be something to groan about.

Now, they make some of the worlds finest machine tools, optics, and measuring equipment. Look to see who powers the Formula 1 cars now. Not so many Fords as Hondas. (Yes I recall Ford winning at LeMans and Indy) I have an old LTD II 4 dr, 460 engine, in storage. I also have a FJ-40 Landcruiser from the same era. Both are worthy vehicles, and although the Landcruiser has a small block chevy in it now the drive train and chassis are bulletproof.

C S Lewis