Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15925 times)

Online mountaineer

35 people reported killed in stampede at Soleimani funeral
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

A perfect example of someone screaming "Fire!" in a packed theter.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Qassem Soleimani was behind the 1994 bombing attack against the AMIA Jewish center in Buenos Aires
By Yossi Lempkowicz   January 6, 2020

BUENOS AIRES—Iran’s General Qassem Soleimani, , the head of the IRGC Al Quds unit, killed in a US airstrike in Iraq last week, was behind the bombing attack on the Mutual Israeli Argentine Association (Amia) Jewish center in Buenos Aires on July 18, 1994, according to Argentinian media reports said.

The terrorist act, the worst in the history of Argentina, was triggered by a van loaded with 400 kilos of explosives and left 85 people dead and 300 injured. Two years earlier, another attack destroyed the Israeli embassy building in Buenos Aires.

An Hezbollah operative has been accused of being the mastermind behind the attack ordered by Iran.

Read more at: https://ejpress.org/60976-2/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

Per Jason Church, quoted earlier:

Hugh Hewitt
@hughhewitt
·
Dec 9, 2019
Up next: @JasonChurchWI
, running in special election for Congress up north. Donate here: https://churchforwisconsin.com Read about Church here:

https://twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1204024065977200640

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/24/republican-jason-church-enters-race-succeed-republican-sean-duffy/2426840001/

I don't know his whole story but his twitter tells quite a bit, he lost his legs in combat.
https://twitter.com/JasonChurchWI

Running for congress in Wisconsin, seventh district.

Way North, way rural, way up in the North Woods, Chippewa or however it would be said of there.

@Once-Ler  See, he supported Trump doing this,

Church was injured in Afghanistan, so I don't know if the explosives that got him were from Soleimani, probably no at that.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:01:05 pm by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

I'm sure those who are happy about this, would not show their face but... here's the article.

Damascus neighborhoods demand the expulsion of Iranian militias and welcome the killing of "Soleimani" (photos)
  6 Jan, 2020 18:22    Syria

Congratulations on the killing of "Qassem Soleimani," commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, have reached neighborhoods in the center of the capital, Damascus, although they are witnessing a great proliferation of the Assad regime's intelligence forces.

Activists on social media circulated pictures from several neighborhoods of central Damascus, calling for the expulsion of Iranian militias from the country and the release of detainees held in the prisons of the Assad regime.

https://nedaa-sy.com/en/news/17998

Offline PeteS in CA

A perfect example of someone screaming "Fire!" in a packed theter.

In that context, maybe someone yelled "Pig!".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In that context, maybe someone yelled "Pig!".

@sneakypete

Excellent.  We got a feral hog problem in Texas.  What if we could get a nation wide program to implement a "catch and release" of these critters into predominately Muslim areas.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reminds me of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's funeral.  The mob pulled the corpse out of the casket and passed it around.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Reminds me of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's funeral.  The mob pulled the corpse out of the casket and passed it around.

Yep, these are not sane people

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With all due respect to Col. WIlkerson, the statement:
No general, especially not one at the level that Soleimani was operating — no general reaches out and kills someone. Nor does he reach out to a team and say, “Kill someone.” Nor does he reach out to a squad or a platoon or a company and say, “Kill someone.” He gives orders at the top, sets strategic purposes and principles and general guidelines, and he boosts morale, and he travels around, and he talks to the teams and so on — exactly what Soleimani was so good at.

Just isn't so.

During WWII, we had intelligence from communication intercepts on the flight plans of Admiral Yamamoto and specifically targeted his aircraft; the operation was a success. One of the most capable minds in the Japanese Navy was eliminated, the Admiral who planned the Pearl Harbor attack. Now, the orders didn't come from Generals, they came from Admirals, but that's a minor technicality. AFAIK, the President was not consulted. some discussion here, from 2017

Salient points:

The General was not hit in Iran, but in Iraq.
He was there, plotting/planning further operations against US personnel (as if that is not an "act of war").
IMHO, that made him fair game.

Whatever he had allegedly done 'for us' or against the Taliban (which might have served Iranian goals as much or more than ours, per se), it was the operations being planned and conducted against Amerians, not just in Iraq but elsewhere that made him a target. Things change.

When I was in High School, we had such good relations with the Shah of Iran that we sold them F-14 Tomcat fighters, and while those might not have been the 'luxury package' we retained for our own use, these were still the premier air superiority fighter of the day. After the 'revolution' by Khomeni, those planes gradually decayed for lack of spare parts. It took Ronald Reagan to get those American hostages taken during that revolution home, and some gutsy moves by the Canadians, too. The Desert 1 disaster (Operation Eagle Claw) not only cost lives, but underscored the need for something like JSOC to take care of the nuts and bolts of daring rescue missions involving interservice cooperation, but alerted the Iranians to be alert for further military attempts to free the 52 US hostages held by the regime.

Since then, Iran has become an enemy, not just of the US, but the Persians have definite aspirations of hegemony, not just from oil production, but militarily in the region. Those aspirations primarily see the US as an interloper, interfering with their dreams of domination--not just in a military sense, but through whatever means available to the Islamist and even first tier powers to be utilized in those aims. The use of asymmetrical warfare through proxy fighters and terrorist acts are well enough documented, and in other theaters, away from Iran, those means have been employed against US Service personnel and civilians. Those attacks were masterminded, encouraged, and likely enabled by the Iranian regime in general, and General Sulemani in particular, in person, directly involved in the planning, if not execution of these attacks.

Referring back to the execution of Yamamoto during WWII, taking the head off the proverbial snake was an opportunity that we could not fail to at least attempt to take advantage of, and we did, successfully.
Once again, presented with an opportunity to engage and eliminate someone whose leadership presented a clear and present danger to our personnel, both military and civilian, we took advantage of that opportunity, and did so with success. The crime here would have been to make no effort to terminate the man who had plotted and planned attacks on our own people, our embassy, our troops. In that sense, Suleimani had made himself a combatant and fair game, especially on foreign soil, where those attacks were taking place.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@Once-Ler  See, he supported Trump doing this,
@TomSea
As I have supported President Trump for assassinating Soleimani on page 4 of this thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387630.msg2121704.html#msg2121704
I agree @DCPatriot .  Iran attacked us first and the world is a better place without Soleimani.  Congratulations to our military and to President Trump.

It's Trump's stupid lies that it was in response to an imminent attack when it looks like Pompeo has been planning this for months, and his threats against cultural targets that are ruining his rare display of leadership.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

his threats against cultural targets that are ruining his rare display of leadership.

Couldn't have said it any better.  Trump's threat at cultural (historical) sites has ruined an opportunity for a consensus to respond to this Iranian threat.  Blowing up 3000-5000 year old historical treasures?  We are better than that.

Even in World War 2, both sides did their best to avoid this kind of outrage.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:21:42 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline TomSea

@TomSea
As I have supported President Trump for assassinating Soleimani on page 4 of this thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387630.msg2121704.html#msg2121704

It's Trump's stupid lies that it was in response to an imminent attack when it looks like Pompeo has been planning this for months, and his threats against cultural targets that are ruining his rare display of leadership.

@Once-Ler   That whole "cultural sites" is a discussion in itself but to the more important subject of "evidence of imminent attack", I've picked up a few things:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-soleimani-insight-idUSKBN1Z301Z

Inside the plot by Iran’s Soleimani to attack U.S. forces in Iraq

Soleimani “instructed his top ally in Iraq, Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, and other powerful militia leaders to step up attacks on U.S. targets in the country using sophisticated new weapons provided by Iran, two militia commanders and two security sources briefed on the gathering told Reuters.”

Soleimani’s plans to attack U.S. forces aimed to provoke a military response that would redirect that rising anger toward the United States, according to the sources briefed on the gathering, Iraqi Shi’ite politicians and government officials close to Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi.

Two weeks before the October meeting, Soleimani ordered Iranian Revolutionary Guards to move more sophisticated weapons - such as Katyusha rockets and shoulder-fired missiles that could bring down helicopters - to Iraq through two border crossings, the militia commanders and Iraqi security sources told Reuters.

Soleimani told the assembled commanders to form a new militia group of low-profile paramilitaries - unknown to the United States - who could carry out rocket attacks on Americans housed at Iraqi military bases.

So, I think there is some evidence showing up on this. There was other as well.

Yes, that whole "cultural sites" part seemed ridiculous to say though, I've seen people somewhat defend it, it seems too much of a side note to get into.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:28:53 pm by TomSea »

@Once-Ler   That whole "cultural sites" is a discussion in itself but to the more important subject of "evidence of imminent attack", I've picked up a few things:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-soleimani-insight-idUSKBN1Z301Z

So, I think there is some evidence showing up on this. There was other as well.

Yes, that whole "cultural sites" part seemed ridiculous to say though, I've seen people somewhat defend it, it seems too much of a side note to get into.

Thanx for that link @TomSea
I'm sure it can be true both Pompeo and Soleimani had plans.  Looks like Soleimani got what he wanted "Soleimani’s plans to attack U.S. forces aimed to provoke a military response that would redirect that rising anger toward the United States."  I hope Pompeo has a put some thought into de-escalating because that sounds like another lie that was told.  That the strike was designed to bring Iran into negotiations...or at least I pray it's a lie because if the intention was to open talks it failed bigly.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@TomSea

What you wrote pages ago is irrelevant.   Once the press gives you a reason to re-hate Trump you will jump, assuming you have not already.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

What you wrote pages ago is irrelevant.   Once the press gives you a reason to re-hate Trump you will jump, assuming you have not already.
@Cyber Liberty
I don't need press reasons.  I've never stopped hating President Trump.  I can still recognize when he does something I like and praise him for doing it.  Just because Trump does somethings right doesn't make him a good President or person.  Just because I hate him doesn't mean I have to reject what I see as a victory because President Trump oversaw it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:53:34 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
I don't need press reasons.  I've never stopped hating President Trump.  I can still recognize when he does something I like and praise him for doing it.  Just because Trump does somethings right doesn't make him a good President or person.  Just because I hate him doesn't mean I have to reject what I see as a victory because President Trump oversaw it.

You don't have to, but you do.  Face it, if anybody but Trump had done this, you'd be dancing in the street.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

You got to admit....   Threatening Cultural sites is maybe Trump's dumbest move yet.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You got to admit....   Threatening Cultural sites is maybe Trump's dumbest move yet.

Even dumber:  Believing liberal news organizations think they know what those sites are, then riling the masses into disapproval of offing one of the most dangerous people on the planet.  Didn't take long to get people back into their roles.  Orange Man Bad.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Even dumber:  Believing liberal news organizations think they know what those sites are, then riling the masses into disapproval of offing one of the most dangerous people on the planet.  Didn't take long to get people back into their roles.  Orange Man Bad.

Trump was pretty specific in his Tweet.  You don't believe him?

Or....are you okay with this?

Offline TomSea

UK Parliament discussed the Middle East:

UK Secretary State of Defence speaks about the Middle East after the killing of Soleimani | LIVE

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline EdinVA

So, if push came to shove, where would Iran's leadership go hide?  Cultural sites, because we have a history of avoiding them.
So, if you advertise targeting of said sites, then the leadership hides somewhere else that you could get them.
All is not what it appears.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
So, if push came to shove, where would Iran's leadership go hide?  Cultural sites, because we have a history of avoiding them.
So, if you advertise targeting of said sites, then the leadership hides somewhere else that you could get them.
All is not what it appears.

I hope you are right.  Blowing up 3-5,000 year old historical relics would paint Mr. Trump in a very bad light.