Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSzTBsry1I
Iran Rev Guards spokesman Ramadan Sharif broke down on TV news that Soleimani was killed by the USA

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Iran Rev Guards spokesman Ramadan Sharif broke down on TV news that Soleimani was killed by the USA

He just saw the target on his back and wet himself.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He just saw the target on his back and wet himself.

It's because they all think they are "revered."  *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I vaguely remember this about us urging Israel not to attack Iran but I wasn't aware it was about Soleimani:

@DefenceAffairs
Back in 2015 Israel was reportedly on the verge of killing Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Iranian Quds Force but the Obama administration warned Iran of the imminent attack.
#Soleimani #SoleimaniKilled

https://twitter.com/DefenceAffairs/status/1213153334015807493
@SpecGhost
#Soleimani’s legacy:
The gruesome, high-tech IEDs that haunted U.S. troops in #Iraq.
Iranian-designed explosively formed penetrators killed
at least 196 U.S. troops and wounded hundreds more.
#Iran #USA #Army #USArmy #SoleimaniKilled #SoleimaniDead

https://twitter.com/SpecGhost/status/1213214762781364225
Soleimani’s legacy: The gruesome, advanced IEDs that haunted U.S. troops in Iraq
Alex Horton

Brian Castner combed over the armored vehicle, mostly intact aside from entry and exit holes tipped with molten copper that had since cooled.

The U.S. soldiers who had been inside were medevaced near Kirkuk that summer in 2006, leaving the Air Force bomb technician alone with the vehicle. Pools of blood simmered under the Iraqi sun, near what one soldier left behind.

“There was still one foot left in the Humvee,” Castner said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/01/03/soleimanis-legacy-gruesome-high-tech-ieds-that-haunted-us-troops-iraq/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social

And Ben writes something:

SHAPIRO: Trump Taking Out Soleimani Just Made The World A Better, Safer Place
By  Ben Shapiro
DailyWire.com

On Thursday, in the most audacious and brave move of his presidency, President Trump ordered the killing of Iran’s top terrorist, Qassem Soleimani — a man who was also the top general of the country. Commentators have compared Iran’s loss of Soleimani to the loss of the Defense Secretary, head of the CIA, and the head of the FBI simultaneously. Soleimani was the man closest to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, and some speculated that he would succeed Khamenei at some point. Now, he’s been reduced to pulp.

His death makes the world a significantly better and safer place. Soleimani was responsible for the killing of hundreds of American troops in Iraq (by State Department estimates, 17 percent of all Americans killed in Iraq were Soleimani’s handiwork), the arming of Hezbollah in Lebanon with tens of thousands of rockets, the Houthi terrorism in Yemen, the building of Islamic Jihad, and a bevy of terror plots all around the world, including the latest assault on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. Speculation that this represents an “act of war” is utterly baseless — Soleimani is a terrorist who was killed while abroad, in Iraq, planning further acts of terrorism.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/shapiro-trump-taking-out-soleimani-just-made-the-world-a-better-safer-place

Heshmat Alavi
@HeshmatAlavi
·
1h
#BREAKING
U.S. troops stationed in Italy placed on alert, ready for transfer to Lebanon to protect the American Embassy in Beirut

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1213203584113938432

I thought I heard some troops might have been moved out of Italy already.

Online mountaineer

It's because they all think they are "revered."  *****rollingeyes*****
His goat's opinion doesn't count.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
His goat's opinion doesn't count.

It does to WaPo. *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSzTBsry1I

That picture looks kike a Saturday Night Live skit.

Offline libertybele

My first thoughts as well; like an Austin Powers skit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It is olny a matter of time till the release a "Hitler Learns of Soleimani's Death"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You big silly! That's Baghdad Bob without a beret! :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 12:41:20 am by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

Guess James Taylor is out and Carol King is back in.

Carole King, You've got a friend

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

It is olny a matter of time till the release a "Hitler Learns of Soleimani's Death"
I can't wait.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

I thought similarly but Austin Powers.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I saw one with a Awannatellaya Whatzizname yelling at a cat.

I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

Breitbart came out with this, I was not aware of this,

Is this that famous attempted hit on a Washington DC restaurant, that I remember but not what it was about... the time frame is about right:

Flashback: Iran’s Soleimani Hired Mexican Cartel Associate to Assassinate Saudi Ambassador on U.S. Soil

In May 2011, discussions began secretly in Mexico between a known Los Zetas associate and Quds Force operative Manssor Arbabsiar. The discussion would lead to planning a C-4 detonation at a Washington, D.C. restaurant frequented by Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir. The Quds Force operative did not know that he was being recorded in a DEA operation.

Over the course of a few months, several clandestine meetings in Mexico planned strikes against the Israeli Embassy in Washington, plus and the Saudi and Israeli Embassies in Argentina. New opium trafficking lanes between the Middle East and Mexico were also charted.

In July 2011, Arbabsiar returned to Mexico to continue meeting with the DEA informant. He explained that his bosses in Iran had plans for more violence, in addition to the Saudi ambassador’s murder. On July 14, the informant told the DEA that Arbabsiar recruited four men to carry out the plot and would charge a total of $1.5 million USD. Advance payments of nearly $50,000 were wired to an FBI-controlled bank account in an overt act of validating the conspiracy.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/border/2020/01/03/flashback-irans-soleimani-hired-mexican-cartel-associate-to-assassinate-saudi-ambassador-on-u-s-soil/

I'm not sure this article is saying the name of that restuarant,  I'm looking for it.  Yep, I remembered the name of the restuarant, the Milan and Mattis heavily frowned on Obama about it. Mattis thought Obama was taking the incident too lightly:

ABC:

Mattis: Obama ignored Iranian bomb plot of DC restaurant, ‘act of war’ due to nuke deal talks

After two Iranian nationals were arrested in October 2011 for planning a bomb attack on the Washington, D.C. restaurant Café Milao, a site frequented by powerful figures like the Saudi Arabia ambassador, Mattis said he wanted a firm response to what he described as an “act of war,” but Obama was unwilling to do so as negotiations with Iran were ongoing, the Washington Examiner reported.

“I believed we had to respond forcefully. My military options would raise the cost for this attack beyond anything the mullahs and the Qods generals could pay,” Mattis wrote. “First, though, the President had to go before the American people and forcefully lay out the enormous savagery of the intended attack. The American public — and the global public — had to understand the gravity of the plot.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/09/mattis-obama-ignored-iranian-bomb-plot-of-dc-restaurant-act-of-war-due-to-nuke-deal-talks/

Must be the same, this has never been played up big.

Zetas? Didn't know some of the details.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 01:46:39 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘We will find you, we will eliminate you’: Trump warns terrorists after Soleimani killing
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/we-will-find-you-we-will-eliminate-you-trump-warns-terrorists-after-soleimani-killing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Air strike on Iraqi militia kills six

Six fighters of an Iraqi militia backed by Iran were killed in an airstrike north of Baghdad as tensions in Iraq continue to escalate.

The strike on Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Forces, an umbrella force of Shiite militias that receive support from Iran, also critically wounded three, an Iraqi army source told Reuters.

The army source said two of the three vehicles making up a militia convoy were found burned after the attack, which took place at 1:12 a.m Saturday local time.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/international/middle-east-north-africa/476740-six-killed-in-air-strike-on-iraqi-militia
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not sure this article is saying the name of that restuarant,  I'm looking for it.  Yep, I remembered the name of the restuarant, the Milan and Mattis heavily frowned on Obama about it. Mattis thought Obama was taking the incident too lightly:

Why didn't Mattis resign?  I understand he has been known to do that when he disagrees with the boss.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

See, this is when some of this starts to sound like "fringe" conspiratorial type stuff but it's long been written about with multiple sources that Hezbollah "could be" in Venezuela:
#FreeVenezuela

#ULTIMAHORA | #Guayana | At this time, Iranian officials stationed south of #Venezuela, in the # Bolívar state, are gathered. Maximum tension for the active presence of #Hezbollah cells and for possible reprisals in response to the death of #Soleimani

https://twitter.com/DamnCrazy7/status/1213269934505103360

And one of the top officials in Venezuela is Spanish speaking and all but does have a Lebanese/Arabic type of name.

Even relatively respectable "Foreign Policy" reported on this:

Argument
Hezbollah Is in Venezuela to Stay
Regime change in Caracas won’t change the country’s problematic relationship with the terrorist group.
By Colin P. Clarke | February 9, 2019, 3:29 AM

Responding to a question on current instability in Venezuela and the presence of terrorist groups in the region, specifically Lebanese Hezbollah, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed in a recent interview that the Trump administration believes that the “Party of God,” as Hezbollah is known, maintains “active cells” in Venezuela. He went on to say that “Iranians are impacting the people of Venezuela,” because Hezbollah is trained, financed, and equipped by Tehran.

Some security policy analysts seemed surprised by Pompeo’s claims, but they shouldn’t be. Hezbollah has long maintained a presence in Latin America, especially in the infamous Tri-Border Area

Read more at: https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/02/09/hezbollah-is-in-venezuela-to-stay/

I believe our Venezuelan mainly Spanish-writing friend Maibort Petit has even written about this.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Increased Plane Traffic At U.S. Italian And Spanish Bases Points To The U.S. Getting Ready For Military Confrontation
https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/03/increased-traffic-us-italian-spanish-bases-military-confrontation/
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

Okay, animated computer simulation of how things transpired, I wonder a bit about the sequence of events,

A bit of narrative from the link:

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1213127571434549249

1:30 AM Baghdad Time:  Soleimani's plane arrives in Baghdad from Beirut

Abu Mahdi al-Mohandis picks up Soleimani in his car, soon after explosions occur after they leave airport. Explosions by a US drone.

2:00 AM Baghdad Time: Airport closed down, flights stopped

2:09 AM, many coalition planes over the airport.

4:02 AM, Baghdad time , about 2 hours, 2 and a half hours later, this is when news comes out that Soleimani and al-Mohandis were killed in 2 car explosions.

Then from there it's pretty basic, minute and a half video probably worth a watch.

Just a normal flight like most of us have all made.

Unrelated, I heard Tucker is frowning on Max Boot and Bolton over this whole thing, that being about being Neo-Cons. Boot and Bolton must be positive about all of this.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 02:25:47 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

He started dropping hints about 5 days ago.... so? About Sun.,Mon.Tues.? If one reads the article.

Trump Told Mar-a-Lago Pals to Expect ‘Big’ Iran Action ‘Soon’
IN THA CLUB

Attendees of a closed-door Senate briefing didn’t get much more clarity than the club guests did. Instead, officials spun Soleimani’s slaying as a way to “de-escalate” tensions.
Updated Jan. 03, 2020 9:32PM ET / Published Jan. 03, 2020 8:00PM ET

In the five days prior to launching a strike that killed Iran’s most important military leader, Donald Trump roamed the halls of Mar-a-Lago, his private resort in Florida, and started dropping hints to close associates and club-goers that something huge was coming.

According to three people who’ve been at the president’s Palm Beach club over the past several days, Trump began telling friends and allies hanging at his perennial vacation getaway that he was working on a “big” response to the Iranian regime that they would be hearing or reading about very “soon.” His comments went beyond the cryptic New Year’s Eve tweet he sent out warning of the “big price” Iran would pay for damage to U.S. facilities. Two of these sources tell The Daily Beast that the president specifically mentioned he’d been in close contact with his top national-security and military advisers on gaming out options for an aggressive action that could quickly materialize.

“He kept saying, ‘You’ll see,’” one of the sources recalled, describing a conversation with Trump days before Thursday’s strike.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-told-mar-a-lago-pals-to-expect-big-iran-action-days-before-soleimanis-death?source=twitter&via=desktop

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A nothingburger. "You'll see" doesn't really mean jack, considering the heaps of stuff laid on us by other administrations.

But whether action was to be taken or not, I reckon we'd find out, wouldn't we?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
But But.... Vlad and Trump are buddies....  :rolling:

Yeah it was just the other day Trump was praising him.  And Trump warns Russia about terrorists.  Russia and Putin are terrorists.  They have been engaging in terrorist acts in Syria.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.