Author Topic: Amazon threatens to fire employees who speak out on climate change  (Read 379 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
CNBC by Annie Palmer 1/2/2020

Key Points

•   The company warned two employees that they could be terminated if they continue to speak out publicly about the business.

•   An Amazon spokesperson said employees are “encouraged to work within their teams” and can suggest “improvements to how we operate through those internal channels.”

A group of Amazon employees say the company has threatened to fire two workers for speaking out against the company’s environmental policies.

In a statement posted to Twitter on Thursday, Amazon Employees for Climate Justice said that several employees were contacted by legal and human resources representatives, who said they were in violation of the company’s external communications policy.

Two employees were told their roles would be terminated if they continued to speak out about Amazon’s business, a spokesperson for the group told CNBC.

In September, Bezos announced that Amazon aims to rely on renewable energy entirely by 2030 and have net zero carbon emissions by 2040. The plans were largely viewed as a response to employees’ demands.

The day after Bezos’ announcement, more than 1,000 employees walked out as part of the Global Climate Strike and to protest Amazon’s climate policies.

More: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/02/amazon-threatens-to-fire-employees-who-speak-out-on-climate-change.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Amazon threatens to fire employees who speak out on climate change
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 02:03:54 am »
I could see Amazon using plug in electric vehicles, but they do not do so now.

I wonder how thehyh cover expenses. I often buy items fro $5 to $15, and get delivery within two days.

The vehicles most commonly seen are Mercedes Sprinters.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln