Author Topic: New York Dems Are Redrawing Congressional Districts And It Could Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Out Of  (Read 620 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York Dems Are Redrawing Congressional Districts And It Could Put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Out Of A Job
By  Emily Zanotti
DailyWire.com

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) may have anticipated a long and prosperous career in Congress, but if the Democrats in New York’s state legislature have their way, the freshman Member may be out of a job as soon as 2022.

According to pollster Frank Luntz, New York is likely to lose a seat in Congress after the 2020 census and Democrats in the state legislature will have to redraw the state’s Congressional districts as a result. Although there are plenty of places to cut, New York Dems are reportedly eyeing Ocasio-Cortez’s Bronx district for elimination because she’s been out of sync with state-level Democrats who control the process.

“New York is expected to lose a House seat after the 2020 Census, and state Democrats are looking to draw out @AOC’s district,” Luntz wrote on Twitter. He included a link to an article from a local New York City magazine, The City, that suggested the Ocasio-Cortez is doubling down on her efforts to encourage her constituents to fill out the 2020 census so that she can stay in office.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-york-dems-are-redrawing-congressional-districts-and-it-could-put-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-out-of-a-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The cost of population loss to southern states.  Poetic justice as you will see NY lose 2 house seats.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She doesn't have to live in the District to run for Representative.  there's no prohibition of it in the Constitution, and several Reps don't live in their districts.  I don't think Pelosi or Waters live in theirs, for example.  I believe Senators do have to live in their States.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
AOC is not going anywhere.  They eliiminate her House seat, she runs for Senate while she prepares to run for POTUS.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not so sure I believe this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Don't believe it.

It's going to be a Republican district that gets the axe, because the Cuomo administration has been working overtime to drive people out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't believe it.

It's going to be a Republican district that gets the axe, because the Cuomo administration has been working overtime to drive people out.

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,that makes more sense from the POV of traitors like Dims.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't believe it.

A cynical ploy, actively driving people out.  Pioneered by Mayor Coleman Young in Detroit in the early 70's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
AOC is not going anywhere.  They eliiminate her House seat, she runs for Senate while she prepares to run for POTUS.

As much as I want to see a female president before I shuffle off this mortal coil, It will never be AOC.

But she is young, so if that happens in twenty years or so, I hope I’m dust by then.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A cynical ploy, actively driving people out.  Pioneered by Mayor Coleman Young in Detroit in the early 70's.
Indeed, the ol’ "planned shrinkage" tactic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_disinvestment#Planned_shrinkage
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

She doesn't have to live in the District to run for Representative.  there's no prohibition of it in the Constitution, and several Reps don't live in their districts.  I don't think Pelosi or Waters live in theirs, for example. I believe Senators do have to live in their States.

Maybe, but there was a big flap here in Western PA when Rick Santorum wanted the taxpayers of Penn Hills to foot the bill for his kids' cyber education.   Santorum owned a house in Penn Hills, but he and his family lived primarily in the DC area.  The matter went to court where a judge sided with Santorum.  Caused considerable outrage and Santorum lost his next bid for re-election.

So maybe you can be a senator of a state without actually living there, so long as you own property in that state?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe, but there was a big flap here in Western PA when Rick Santorum wanted the taxpayers of Penn Hills to foot the bill for his kids' cyber education.   Santorum owned a house in Penn Hills, but he and his family lived primarily in the DC area.  The matter went to court where a judge sided with Santorum.  Caused considerable outrage and Santorum lost his next bid for re-election.

So maybe you can be a senator of a state without actually living there, so long as you own property in that state?

It's about the "declared Residency."  With the National Government being a full-time gig (stop laughing), a DeeCee politician can't help but spend > 50% of their time away from their state residences.  This could be problematic if States started insisting on a 50% requirement, as many (most?) do for the DMV, for example.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

Reps have to be a resident of their state, but not necessarily their district.  Senators have to be a resident of the state at the time that they are elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
As much as I want to see a female president before I shuffle off this mortal coil, It will never be AOC.

But she is young, so if that happens in twenty years or so, I hope I’m dust by then.

I have said it many times here, but AOC had done more to energize conservatives than any one other person on earth. 

May she keep opening her stupid trap and saying idiocratic blunders for years to come.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Victoria33

@sneakypete
@Cyber Liberty (this is another election law one)

sneakypete: here is how it works:

If her place of living is drawn out of her present district, she can rent an apartment in the new district (which is still part of the old one), be able to get mail in the new apartment, and she can run for that district.

It works like this:
If you have an apartment where you can get mail, plus you have a homestead declared home where you get mail in that same state but not in the county where the apartment is, plus in another state, you own a big house where you get mail, some part of the year you live with a relative in another state and can mail there, WHERE DO YOU LEGALLY VOTE?

ANY ONE OF THOSE PLACES, AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET MAIL THERE, BUT CAN ONLY VOTE IN ONE.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
@Cyber Liberty (this is another election law one)

sneakypete: here is how it works:

@Victoria33

I know how it works. I remember seeing Joy Behar and the rest of the commies on The View reminding viewers in the northeast the day before the Obomber election that a airline was running specials with round-trip tickets from LaGuardia to Florida,and how it would be possible to get up,eat breakfast,fly to Florida,and still get back to NYC in time to vote. Seem like half the population of Florida is from NY or other northeastern cesspools,and they live up north in the summer and in Florida in the winter. What Joy and the other retards were telling them was how it would be possible for them to vote in both states.

What I have a hard time believing is the DNC wants to boot OCD out of office. Islam is their new voter base,and it was getting bigger every day until Trump was elected.
It still hasn't stopped,but it has been slowed down a lot.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 06:48:47 pm by sneakypete »

Online Hoodat

As much as I want to see a female president before I shuffle off this mortal coil, .   .   .

What about Baraq Obama?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-