Author Topic: GOP Strategist Says Senate 'Up For Grabs' in 2020  (Read 991 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP Strategist Says Senate 'Up For Grabs' in 2020
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2020, 02:59:21 pm »
@Jazzhead

Dims want daddy's, Republicans want presidents.

TRUTH, right there. Funny how that changes if/when people grow up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2020, 03:46:11 pm »

Nobody here focuses on that other than the Never Trumpers/Anti-Trumpers. Everybody else focuses on what he does and ignores what he says. I personally don't give a damn if he eats crap and barks at the moon,as long as he continues to protect America from attack,builds the wall,shuts down illegal immigration,deports illegals,and protects our economy from unfair trade practices.

I understand that's your, and the base's, position.   This is not a matter of being "anti-Trump" - I fully acknowledge his policy successes - but rather of being realistic about how negatively Trump is perceived and the Dems' jihad to see him and the GOP ushered from office.    Perhaps the Dems will be seen as going too far and there will be a backlash.   But I wouldn't count on them making mistakes.   The election is shaping up to be a referendum on a man,  not on jobs, peace and prosperity.   That's a dangerous scenario.   It can blow up in our faces, with disastrous results for the future.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2020, 04:05:31 pm »
I'm imagining IMPOTUS wining re-election with a rat House and Senate and it sounds darkly hilarious, and perhaps the quickest way towards President Pence.

I wouldn't worry about losing the Senate.  Every Trumper knows President Trump is a team player who will tirelessly fight for the GOP.  He would never betray his deep core convictions...his love of the flag, Christmas, the Constitution and America...and you, and me, and all of us, with a limitless love.
Trump's Love Trumps Hate! 
Would you like to read some literature? < passes pamphlet to @Applewood >

@Once-Ler

The one advantage for Trump to have a Dem controlled congress is that if things don't get done,  he can just blame the Democrats.    This is what he' s done throughout his first term -- blame his failures on someone or something, including his own party.

And you can be sure when the Democrats  pass the next massive spending spree bill, complete with all the free stuff they want and that Medicare for All, he will sign off on it, telling us he has no choice -- the Democrats put a gun to his head and made him do it.  He's signed every other spending spree bill and always had some excuse.  But now it will be the Democrats' fault. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 04:07:26 pm »
I understand that's your, and the base's, position.   This is not a matter of being "anti-Trump" - I fully acknowledge his policy successes - but rather of being realistic about how negatively Trump is perceived and the Dems' jihad to see him and the GOP ushered from office.    Perhaps the Dems will be seen as going too far and there will be a backlash.   But I wouldn't count on them making mistakes.   The election is shaping up to be a referendum on a man,  not on jobs, peace and prosperity.   That's a dangerous scenario.   It can blow up in our faces, with disastrous results for the future.     
After the impeachment sh*tshow, the Dem brand is damaged, at least among folks who work for a living. I realize the Dems have done all they can to reduce that to Gubmint workers and other labor Unions, but as I have said, why would the (for instance) rank and file of the UMW have ANY support for the Dems, considering the effects of the War on Coal, perpetrated by Dems.

Face it, few industries will benefit from any greenish new deal, except Big Government, Inc.

For the part of America who would rather be left to their own devices than be micromanaged in every aspect of their lives, who still worship Christ, who believe that the family was and is the main mechanism by which children can be successfully raised, with both masculine and feminine representation present (not that ersatz stuff, but one man, one woman, biological parents or adoptive), who believe in National Sovereignty, and that borders and laws really mean something, and failure to follow those should have consequences, the Dems have little to offer.

It is up to the GOP, however, to offer an alternative to the babblings of the Left, and they seldom fail to be clear in that offering.

Stop toadying up to the near-Dems and let them come to the Right. Otherwise, the name brands will mean nothing, it will all continue morphing Left. There is still that great mass of Americans out here waiting for someone to vote for, and while Trump has tapped into that, that same option needs to be seen in the Congressional, State house and Governor's races across the board.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:08:45 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 04:11:45 pm »
This is nothing to do with the "muddled middle".   I'll say it plainly -  if the election centers on Trump's conservative, America-centric policies, the GOP can win.  But if it centers on Trump's tweets and polarizing leadership style, both he and the GOP are vulnerable. 

There is a flip side to Trump's fan service to his base - the opposition is ready to walk through walls to defeat him, and while they're in the booth,  to vote for Dem Congressional candidates.   

At this point in time, I now consider myself a Trump supporter.  I wouldn't have said that 6 months ago. 

In the same light, his base is willing to walk through walls to see that he gets re-elected.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:13:35 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 05:08:25 pm »
Making this election a referendum on President Trump rather than his policies has the side effect of placing the Senate at risk.   I have been urging for months that Trump be replaced as the GOP nominee,  for exactly this reason.   The ultimate disaster - radicalized Dem control of all branches of government - is a foreseeable outcome of Trump's balls-out style of governance.

The number of Pubbie Senators up for reelection is reason enough for concern.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 05:39:06 pm »
@Once-Ler

The one advantage for Trump to have a Dem controlled congress is that if things don't get done,  he can just blame the Democrats.    This is what he' s done throughout his first term -- blame his failures on someone or something, including his own party.

And you can be sure when the Democrats  pass the next massive spending spree bill, complete with all the free stuff they want and that Medicare for All, he will sign off on it, telling us he has no choice -- the Democrats put a gun to his head and made him do it.  He's signed every other spending spree bill and always had some excuse.  But now it will be the Democrats' fault.

@Applewood
I see no reason to think Trump won't capitulate to the rat majorities in Congress.  When you look at Trump's promises and failure...
Build the Wall
Lock up Hillary
Repeal and replace Obamacare
Drain the Swamp
Great Trade Deal
Conservative Judges
Tax Cuts

rat control of the House means no more tax cuts.
rat control of the Senate would mean no more judges.

A re-elected impeached President will want some substance to his legacy.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2020, 05:43:38 pm »
At this point in time, I now consider myself a Trump supporter.  I wouldn't have said that 6 months ago. 

In the same light, his base is willing to walk through walls to see that he gets re-elected.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.  Wear nose protection before attempting that @libertybele

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2020, 12:15:32 am »
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.  Wear nose protection before attempting that @libertybele

All things considered right now, at this point in time @Once-Ler I will vote for him willingly.

Lots can happen between now and the general election. I'm hopeful.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.