Author Topic: Schumer: Newly revealed emails a 'devastating blow' to McConnell's impeachment trial plans  (Read 534 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: Newly revealed emails a 'devastating blow' to McConnell's impeachment trial plans
By Jordain Carney - 01/02/20 12:48 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) seized on newly released emails surrounding President Trump's decision to delay aid to Ukraine, arguing they underscored the need for witnesses and documents as part of an impeachment trial.

“The newly-revealed unredacted emails are a devastating blow to Senator McConnell’s push to have a trial without the documents and witnesses we’ve requested," Schumer said in a statement.

"These emails further expose the serious concerns raised by Trump administration officials about the propriety and legality of the president’s decision to cut off aid to Ukraine to benefit himself," he added.

Schumer's comments come after Just Security obtained unredacted emails between the White House Office of Management and Budget and the Pentagon about the decision to delay aid to Ukraine.

In one email, Michael Duffey, the associate director of national security at the Office of Management and Budget, told the acting Pentagon comptroller that there was "clear direction from POTUS to hold,” according to Just Security.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476534-schumer-emails-a-devastating-blow-to-mcconnell-impeachment-trial-plans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Clear direction from POTUS to hold.' New email leak hits Donald Trump over Ukraine aid and shows Pentagon officials repeatedly warning that block could be illegal

Pentagon officials expressed concern that Donald Trump's directed military freeze of millions in aid to Ukraine was unlawful 
    An OMB official sent an email to the acting Pentagon comptroller telling her the directive to withhold aid was coming from the president
    'Clear direction from POTUS to hold,' Mike Duffey, the OMB official, wrote in an email at the end of August regarding extending the aid freeze
    The information was revealed in hundreds of pages of recently released emails
    Defense Department officials felt the aid pause would violate the Impoundment Control Act

By Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 14:17 EST, 2 January 2020 | Updated: 14:17 EST, 2 January 2020

Newly unredacted emails reveal Pentagon officials were worried that Donald Trump directing a military aid freeze to Ukraine was unlawful.

A recent review by Just Security of the nearly 300 pages of emails shows growing concern from those at the Defense Department that the freeze would violate the Impoundment Control Act.

It included a message from an OMB official who said Donald Trump had given 'clear direction… to hold' military aid from Ukraine.

The emails were initially released in two batches last month on December 12 and 21, but the Justice Department decided to black-out several sections, either partially or fully.

Michael Duffey, associate director of national security programs at the Office of Management and Budget, sent an email on July 25 to top DOD officials directing the Pentagon to suspend future military aid to Ukraine.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7846065/Clear-direction-POTUS-hold-New-email-leak-hits-Donald-Trump-Ukraine-aid.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Louder, Schumer. I don’t think anyone heard you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Louder, Schumer. I don’t think anyone heard you.

Heard what?  All I read was "Blah, blah, blah..."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I doubt seriously whether these emails are as devastating as old chuck says they are. I defy anyone to tell me what the hell they mean. bureaucratic mumbo jumbo.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I doubt seriously whether these emails are as devastating as old chuck says they are. I defy anyone to tell me what the hell they mean. bureaucratic mumbo jumbo.

They'll mean whatever the DEMS want them to mean.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They'll mean whatever the DEMS want them to mean.

From what I see of them above, it means military bureaucrats are "troubled" and "concerned."  IOW, SSDD.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They got him now..this time for sure, really they do.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Is this one of those we're gonna need a bigger case of toilet paper things?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I just realized Chucks mental cholesterol has reached critical.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I just realized Chucks mental cholesterol has reached critical.

Can we pray he gets a brain attack?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 10:18:12 pm by The Ghost »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

If he only had a brain!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Maybe just stick a tube up his ass and suck out the fat.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Chuckie is fluent in Blah,Blah,Blah. 
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

@sneakypete

That was an almost literal translation of what I hear him say.  I'm hard of hearing, and he has the bad habit of reading his scripts with his chin jammed into his chest.  It's hard to read lips when I can't see his mouth like that.  In his case, I know I don't want to see that maw so I walk away when he's speaking and call it a wash.  Or, "Blah, blah, blah." 

To me, he and Pelosi sound like the adults speaking in those old Peanuts cartoons.  "Whaaa, whaaa, waawaawaa."
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

That was an almost literal translation of what I hear him say.  I'm hard of hearing, and he has the bad habit of reading his scripts with his chin jammed into his chest.  It's hard to read lips when I can't see his mouth like that.  In his case, I know I don't want to see that maw so I walk away when he's speaking and call it a wash.  Or, "Blah, blah, blah." 

To me, he and Pelosi sound like the adults speaking in those old Peanuts cartoons.  "Whaaa, whaaa, waawaawaa."

@Cyber Liberty

My hearing isn't great either,and even when I try hard to understand what he is saying,he drones and I always end up hearing "blah,blah,blad". After a couple of minutes I lose all interest and just tune him out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

My hearing isn't great either,and even when I try hard to understand what he is saying,he drones and I always end up hearing "blah,blah,blad". After a couple of minutes I lose all interest and just tune him out.

@sneakypete 

That's effective public speaking right there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

Screw that, pray he gets a brain first.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

@Cyber Liberty

It just like a Charlie Brown cartoon when an adult is speaking to the kids.  You know, it is a little known fact that Chuck Schumer was the inspiration for the blah. Blah blah, blah blah blah.... blah created by Charles Schultz. 

-Cliff Clavin