Author Topic: Photos: Guardian Angels Start Brooklyn Patrols After Increase In Anti-Semitic Attacks  (Read 924 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Photos: Guardian Angels Start Brooklyn Patrols After Increase In Anti-Semitic Attacks
Marcy Oster  December 30, 2019 John Kunza

(JTA) — The Guardian Angels said it would start patrolling in Brooklyn after an increase in anti-Semitic attacks in the New York City borough.

John Kunza
Curtis Sliwa, who founded the unarmed crime prevention group Guardian Angels, shakes hands with a Crown Heights resident Sunday, December 29, 2019.

The group’s founder, Curtis Sliwa, told NBC News that the patrols would start on Sunday, first at noon in the Crown Heights neighborhood and later in the day also in Williamsburg and Borough Park.

John Kunza
Members of the Guarding Angels, led by the group’s founder Curtis Sliwa, patrol down Kingston Avenue in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, Sunday, December 29, 2019.

Read more at: https://forward.com/news/breaking-news/437380/guardian-angels-will-start-brooklyn-patrols-after-increase-in-anti-semitic/

Curtis Silwa twitter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Frankly,I am surprised they are still around. I would have been willing to bet money some mayor had forced them off the streets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The founder, Curt Sliwa, use to be on TV fairly often. I knew they were still around. I'd hear a news story on them from time to time.

Offline Applewood

Frankly,I am surprised they are still around. I would have been willing to bet money some mayor had forced them off the streets.

@sneakypete

Used to see the Guardian Angels around Pittsburgh back when I was working in the city, but then they disappeared.  I know the city  politicians were hostile toward them, but I don't know if they forced the Angels off the streets or what.  I have no problem with the Angels so long as they don't hinder the police from doing their jobs.  Unfortunately, thanks to stupid policies, procedures and laws, the police are already hampered as it is. 

Offline PeteS in CA

The founder, Curt Sliwa, use to be on TV fairly often. I knew they were still around. I'd hear a news story on them from time to time.

They've been around for 2 or 3 decades, I think. I also was not aware they are still around.

I think Sliwa had a radio talkshow based in NYC, "Curtis and Kuby" or something like that. Conceptually, not unlike Hannity and Colmes.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

They've been around for 2 or 3 decades, I think. I also was not aware they are still around.

I think Sliwa had a radio talkshow based in NYC, "Curtis and Kuby" or something like that. Conceptually, not unlike Hannity and Colmes.

The Guardian Angels have become integrated into the fabric of the community. Since 1979, the non-profit, New York City based group, has been responsible for creating hundreds of safety patrols chapters throughout the United States and worldwide. Formed by Curtis Sliwa and 12 dedicated volunteers in New York City, the “Magnificent 13” rode the subways to conduct safety patrol. For 37 years, thousands of people have joined the Guardian Angels and created chapters in over 130 cities in 13 countries to protect their communities and improve substantially the quality of life.

http://guardianangels.org/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Guardian Angels have become integrated into the fabric of the community. Since 1979, the non-profit, New York City based group, has been responsible for creating hundreds of safety patrols chapters throughout the United States and worldwide. Formed by Curtis Sliwa and 12 dedicated volunteers in New York City, the “Magnificent 13” rode the subways to conduct safety patrol. For 37 years, thousands of people have joined the Guardian Angels and created chapters in over 130 cities in 13 countries to protect their communities and improve substantially the quality of life.

http://guardianangels.org/

@thackney

Maybe it's because I am a geezer now,but it makes my heart feel good to know there are still a few people like this left in the world,and they are being left free to do what they do. I can guarantee you that innocent lives have been saved just because these men were there.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 12:00:55 am by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

He use to be on NYC talk radio with Ron Kuby, on Wabc. Before that I did listen to him when he did the “Curtis and Lisa” radio show. I think he’s still on the air. Wor? I know I heard him a few months ago somewhere around 700 on the AM dial in my car.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:56:32 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I always like Curtis.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

I was still living in Buffalo when they started a chapter there. They really shook things up. The Dimmies really hated them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was still living in Buffalo when they started a chapter there. They really shook things up. The Dimmies really hated them.

@verga

Of course the Dims hated them. LOTS of them were brown or black,and from the Dim POV,that sets a poor example for little black and brown kids who SHOULD be looking forward to going on welfare or eating prison food.

Face it,the Dim Party has ZERO future if little black and brown children grow up to be law-abiding citizens with steady jobs living in families with both mother and father living at home and paying their own way.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@verga

Of course the Dims hated them. LOTS of them were brown or black,and from the Dim POV,that sets a poor example for little black and brown kids who SHOULD be looking forward to going on welfare or eating prison food.

Face it,the Dim Party has ZERO future if little black and brown children grow up to be law-abiding citizens with steady jobs living in families with both mother and father living at home and paying their own way.
Actually, it is to the benefit of totalitarians everywhere to have a criminal underclass to point to and parasitic dependents to cater to. All provide a ready source of mobs with a little instigation and a small policy change. That 'crisis' is almost on demand to be manipulated and used for more power.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, it is to the benefit of totalitarians everywhere to have a criminal underclass to point to and parasitic dependents to cater to. All provide a ready source of mobs with a little instigation and a small policy change. That 'crisis' is almost on demand to be manipulated and used for more power.

@Smokin Joe

It  was established Communist Doctrine since the 1930's to destroy America by recruiting racial and religious miniorities by convincing them the white mainstream were oppressing them and stealing their money so they could be wealthy "off the back of the working man".

Communism is based on class warfare,yet,oddly enough,it's leadership are always of the idle rich intellectual classes who have theories about justice. People who have never worked or suffered any hardships themselves.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

It  was established Communist Doctrine since the 1930's to destroy America by recruiting racial and religious miniorities by convincing them the white mainstream were oppressing them and stealing their money so they could be wealthy "off the back of the working man".

Communism is based on class warfare,yet,oddly enough,it's leadership are always of the idle rich intellectual classes who have theories about justice. People who have never worked or suffered any hardships themselves.
'working Communists' wear coarse weaves and laborer's clothes. Theoretical Communists wear suits and silk underwear (unless they're virtue signalling).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis